Hurricanes Lounge XXXI: The Self Quarantined Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Are you in the camp of “never diet soda?” I know plenty of people who think it tastes awful, but that’s all I drink (and water). I lost 35 pounds in 40 days, and had 4 diet cokes a day.
You can do it!!!
Or not.
But I think you can.

I gave up soda and sweets for Lent (I’m a several diet soda a day kinda of guy), but have replaced it with Gatorade. I’m consuming more sugar than I ever have, all because I gave up soda and sweets!

Reactions: Lempo and DaveG

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My weird eBay purchases of the day:
Screenshot_2020-03-27-16-35-47.png

Anyone here remember this old UHL team???

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Are you in the camp of “never diet soda?” I know plenty of people who think it tastes awful, but that’s all I drink (and water). I lost 35 pounds in 40 days, and had 4 diet cokes a day.
You can do it!!!
Or not.
But I think you can.
I’m a weirdo who thinks diet sodas taste better than the normal sodas.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's tough man. I have such a love-hate relationship with the stuff. It's absolutely addicting. I'm on and off all the time and every time I quit I think "This is it, this is the last time" then 6 months later out of the blue I order one little Dr. Pepper to treat myself and it's all down the toilet.

You can do it!!!
Or not.
But I think you can.

I liked diet soda better than regular soda. I'm not really a "sweets" person though so that's probably why. I would have a couple of diet cokes a day and then a little over 7 years ago, went cold turkey. I've only had 2 sodas in 7 years. Had a sprite/7up/Sierra Mist for a upset stomach at the Canes game about 3 years ago. Had a Diet Coke when driving back, from NY because the place had no coffee. That's it.

Of course, I drink 4 cups of coffee each day (used to drink 1-2 before). We brew it at home and it's 1/2 caf. I have 3 in the morning and another after lunch, and I take it pretty much black. No cream and maybe a quarter tsp. of sugar in the raw. I drink a ton of water now also, which takes the place of the sodas I used to drink before.

The main thing I've noticed...much less acid reflux after giving up soda, and I'm saving about $1000 / year because both my wife and I gave up the soda and we were each drinking 2 / day. The cost of extra coffee is minimal since we are brewing our own.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yes, now that I've bothered to Google, that's exactly what it is. Also, it's a really dumb word.
I initially thought the bingo was made up by an idiot.

And, I'm not fully over the thought.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I liked diet soda better than regular soda. I'm not really a "sweets" person though so that's probably why. I would have a couple of diet cokes a day and then a little over 7 years ago, went cold turkey. I've only had 2 sodas in 7 years. Had a sprite/7up/Sierra Mist for a upset stomach at the Canes game about 3 years ago. Had a Diet Coke when driving back, from NY because the place had no coffee. That's it.

Of course, I drink 4 cups of coffee each day (used to drink 1-2 before). We brew it at home and it's 1/2 caf. I have 3 in the morning and another after lunch, and I take it pretty much black. No cream and maybe a quarter tsp. of sugar in the raw. I drink a ton of water now also, which takes the place of the sodas I used to drink before.

The main thing I've noticed...much less acid reflux after giving up soda, and I'm saving about $1000 / year because both my wife and I gave up the soda and we were each drinking 2 / day. The cost of extra coffee is minimal since we are brewing our own.
Probably the best / cheapest switch you can make. Unfortunately I’ve never had coffee in my life, so that’s one solution I won’t be trying.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Probably the best / cheapest switch you can make. Unfortunately I’ve never had coffee in my life, so that’s one solution I won’t be trying.

Never had it until I was in my 30s. Went to Europe on business and after lunch they all went for Espresso. I didn't want to seem rude when they bought it for me, so I drank it, and found out I liked it. Decided to try coffee after that and that's when it started. I still only like the darkest of brews though. Not a fan of light roasts or the dunkin' donut type coffee, but each to their own.

I did have some light roast I liked when I was in Hawaii, but I may have been influenced by drinking it at the coffee plantations there.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Never had it until I was in my 30s. Went to Europe on business and after lunch they all went for Espresso. I didn't want to seem rude when they bought it for me, so I drank it, and found out I liked it. Decided to try coffee after that and that's when it started. I still only like the darkest of brews though. Not a fan of light roasts or the dunkin' donut type coffee, but each to their own.

I did have some light roast I liked when I was in Hawaii, but I may have been influenced by drinking it at the coffee plantations there.
It struck me, I don’t do hot drinks at all. So there you go. I’m an ice guy. (Ice .... hockey forum ... haha)

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Instant coffee. Cheap, shitty, effective.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
It struck me, I don’t do hot drinks at all. So there you go. I’m an ice guy. (Ice .... hockey forum ... haha)
fwiw I make cold brew coffee at home. have it over ice, black. it's lovely. much smoother and less acidic taste than hot coffee. but if you haven't had coffee even once by now, then I don't know if there's a compelling reason for you to start. guessing at this point it's intentional that you haven't had it?

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Is it me or did the 'upgrade' here cause posts to load slower (when I hit reply it takes a while for the post to load, and I've double-posted a few times because of it)

Reactions: DaveG

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
fwiw I make cold brew coffee at home. have it over ice, black. it's lovely. much smoother and less acidic taste than hot coffee. but if you haven't had coffee even once by now, then I don't know if there's a compelling reason for you to start. guessing at this point it's intentional that you haven't had it?
I just have no interest. It smells nice but yeah...I guess you could say it’s intentional now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad