Hurricanes Lounge XXXI: The Self Quarantined Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Pipe problem number three emerges: turns out my plumber has severe asthma, and the animal dust in my place got on his windpipe so that some other guy will look at my househole water pipe "in near future".

So my problems have upgraded to level: bagpipes. I fully expect to be on the level: pan flute by the end of the week. I hope to manage to avoid the level: church organ.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Meanwhile, I got the pipe number one jury-rigged with a piece of garden hose and a hose clamp. This is very poor level jury-rigging compared to what I was promised for 2020.

Also I can't jury-rig anything without making 80's drum fill sounds and narrating to imaginary audience where my grandfather Harry took me when I was ten.

Reactions: Unsustainable

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
6E4F509C-5E52-4A80-B2BE-47430571FED5.jpeg
Warm day on the empty Parkway today. Saw maybe 5 other cars from Linville Falls to Crabtree Falls for my solo picnic lunch and some nature therapy.

It was nice to be isolating in my car with Fugitive playing by David Gray. Good to be away from the news.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
View attachment 337765
Warm day on the empty Parkway today. Saw maybe 5 other cars from Linville Falls to Crabtree Falls for my solo picnic lunch and some nature therapy.

It was nice to be isolating in my car with Fugitive playing by David Gray. Good to be away from the news.

I'm jealous! I'd kill to be out on some of those trails today.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
View attachment 337765

I'm jealous! I'd kill to be out on some of those trails today.

I'd go to the top of Rough Ridge & sit for a couple hours.

EDIT - From back in August when I did just that:

00E6C4FF-A88C-4901-8FF0-EA08E1295390.jpeg

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Stop longingly dreaming of things you would do if it wasn't for this crap! It's a sure way to get yourself killed, I've seen movies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Took the path (more a long walk than a hike) to the top of Sleeping Giant state park in Hamden, CT. Saw another guy proudly sporting a Canes shirt.
The most folks I have ever seen in the park. I joked to my spouse that this disease might just make folks (at least those that don't catch it) healthier.

Reactions: hblueridgegal

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Dishwasher quit working, found one for 179 off at Lowe’s, slapped it in, water leaking, the 20+ year of hose didn’t like me jerking out the old unit, so had to run back for a new house, now the drains leak under the sink, cleaned out the piping....

now all is well again

Reactions: emptyNedder

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Dishwasher quit working, found one for 179 off at Lowe’s, slapped it in, water leaking, the 20+ year of hose didn’t like me jerking out the old unit, so had to run back for a new house, now the drains leak under the sink, cleaned out the piping....

now all is well again
Did the dishwasher stop working because the drains were clogged and the dirty water couldn't pump out and so went to the bottom plate of the washer and the safety device there put the washer on an error when it got wet?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Did the dishwasher stop working because the drains were clogged and the dirty water couldn't pump out and so went to the bottom plate of the washer and the safety device there put the washer on an error when it got wet?

Door gave out. 20ish years of opening and shutting.

Reactions: Lempo

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That dishwasher lived a better life as a dishwasher than it did as a 1974 Ford Pinto. Now it will live in some junk collectors yard as "art".

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Took the path (more a long walk than a hike) to the top of Sleeping Giant state park in Hamden, CT. Saw another guy proudly sporting a Canes shirt.
The most folks I have ever seen in the park. I joked to my spouse that this disease might just make folks (at least those that don't catch it) healthier.

If I'm staying at home and I don't have a supply of soda and liquor and I'm drinking water, I'm gonna lose a whole bunch more weight. Already lost 60-70 pounds in the past 6 months. Hell I may get down to the 165ish range, which is where I was when I graduated from H.S.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If I'm staying at home and I don't have a supply of soda and liquor and I'm drinking water, I'm gonna lose a whole bunch more weight. Already lost 60-70 pounds in the past 6 months. Hell I may get down to the 165ish range, which is where I was when I graduated from H.S.
No soda? Don’t know what I’d do.

Reactions: DaveG

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
No soda? Don’t know what I’d do.

It's tough man. I have such a love-hate relationship with the stuff. It's absolutely addicting. I'm on and off all the time and every time I quit I think "This is it, this is the last time" then 6 months later out of the blue I order one little Dr. Pepper to treat myself and it's all down the toilet.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Some like it, others nay. Dr Pepper USA.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It's tough man. I have such a love-hate relationship with the stuff. It's absolutely addicting. I'm on and off all the time and every time I quit I think "This is it, this is the last time" then 6 months later out of the blue I order one little Dr. Pepper to treat myself and it's all down the toilet.
Are you in the camp of “never diet soda?” I know plenty of people who think it tastes awful, but that’s all I drink (and water). I lost 35 pounds in 40 days, and had 4 diet cokes a day.
You can do it!!!
Or not.
But I think you can.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad