Hurricanes Lounge XXVIII: The "where's the rain?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
This storm is not looking good. I'm blaming HisIceness for saying we needed rain.

Do chain stores realize customers can price check on their phones nowadays?

Went to Office Depot to buy a new chair for my computer. Found one I liked. Googled it and found it 30% cheaper on Amazon than they were selling it at the store.

Guess who's not getting my money?
I'm pretty sure they price match. You just have to ask.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I think the last decent hurricane we got here in New Bern was a Cat 2 that hovered for a bit and ultimately was a Cat 1. Our area of New Bern was essentially turned into a maze with downed trees and power was out for 5 days. Florence is supposed to be a Cat 4, yikes.
I’m supposed to go to a bachelor party weekend in Myrtle Beach this weekend. All of the attendees live in either Morehead City or New Bern. I’m trying to stay positive but I don’t think it’s happening at this point. I was looking forward to some debauchery.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Our condo is in Ocean Isle. I think that is right where this thing is expected to heat or slightly north of it...

I remember waking up at 2 AM to Fran and witnessing 40 foot pines touching the ground.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
My wife had just started grad school at State. Fran destroyed her apartment and her car.

Ironic that we're discussing all this with fellow Hurricane fans.

I was out in Winston-Salem for Fran, power loss extended all the way out there. Wasn't anywhere near as long-term as the Triangle, but it was impressive. And I thought I was "experienced" because I was in the eye of Gloria in CT. Funny in retrospect.

This is disturbing. I knew the state of emergency call would come early, but seeing UNC-W go voluntary evacuation as of noon today made me realize this is more likely to hit Wilmington than I thought. I kept expecting it to turn, and now I have to accept it's not happening.

Expect a 4 day "weekend". Already saw a Thursday business trip to SC cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad