Hurricanes Lounge XXVI: 26 Has a Whole Lotta Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Walking back from the store just now wearing a yellow Borussia Dortmund kit, and some drunk guy yells at me: "Hey man! Nice shirt. What're ya supposed ta be? The Hamburgler!"

He then proceeded to kill himself laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world.

I once bought a Götze Dortmund kit. It was shipping when the news of his transfer to Bayern dropped.

Then it was destroyed by a fire like six months before his return to Dortmund.

So it goes, so it goes.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Especially considering the whole point is to highlight what makes SC culturally different.

They have separate Tennessee and Louisiana burgers on the way, so there's not even the excuse that this was supposed to be a "The South" regional thing.

I mean how do you put Dolly Parton in the SC commercial when you're getting ready to release a TN version next!?

Tennessee will clearly be with the Darlington race track

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You think they could have attempted a little research

Especially considering the whole point is to highlight what makes SC culturally different.

They have separate Tennessee and Louisiana burgers on the way, so there's not even the excuse that this was supposed to be a "The South" regional thing.

I mean how do you put Dolly Parton in the SC commercial when you're getting ready to release a TN version next!?

Yeah sorry dudes, but back in the auld continent we just shamelessly mix&match everything vaguely "American" for these commercial purposes and on top of it would call you guys Yankees.

After that a fight would erupt in the Youtube comments section.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Except for the vibrant rockabilly scene; they research:

e1fbdfa58ee15689f95b8732fe89ad66

Literally less than 2 km from my house there's a roadside sheet of rock where one of those babies has been painted on since the 80's. Well, they used kind of pinkish shade instead of red, but it just adds to awesome.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yeah sorry dudes, but back in the auld continent we just shamelessly mix&match everything vaguely "American" for these commercial purposes and on top of it would call you guys Yankees.

After that a fight would erupt in the Youtube comments section.

I am reminded of a trip I made to Czech and a visit to "Rodeo Drive," which was... rodeo themed.

Yeah, that's not it at all, guys. I mean, I can see how you make that mistake, but... just no.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So here is McDonalds Europe's commercial for their new South Carolina Stack sandwich.

Before you click, take a moment to consider what sort of imagery would best represent a South Carolinian.

To be honest the first thing I thought of would be girls in their early to mid 20's walking around in Piggly Wiggly shirts and flip-flops. Or sundresses :nod:

Then you could have a guy wearing a USC/Clemson polo, khaki shorts, a visor and sunglasses, and non-sneakers.

Or they could have gone the stereotypical route and had the two dressed in camo and jeans w/ some kind of confederate flag apparel.

But yeah, I most definitely don't think cowboy/rodeo when I think of our friends to the South.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I am reminded of a trip I made to Czech and a visit to "Rodeo Drive," which was... rodeo themed.

Yeah, that's not it at all, guys. I mean, I can see how you make that mistake, but... just no.

I'm sorry but Rodeo Drive is a truck used to haul the bulls from one rodeo to the next, the driver of which engages in merry banter on CB with all the 18-wheelers with everyone using silly nicknames.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
Thanks everyone for all the responses!

We ended up avoiding downtown for dinner due to lack of vegetarian options and went to NoDa as suggested. Did not disappoint at all. Tried both Amelie's French Bakery and "FuD at Salud," a place with waffle sandwiches. There was another neighborhood southeast of downtown that was pretty neat, too (around Legion Brewing).

Didn't have time for the NASCAR HOF, but did go to the Levine Museum per HisIceness suggestion and it was really unique!

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks everyone for all the responses!

We ended up avoiding downtown for dinner due to lack of vegetarian options and went to NoDa as suggested. Did not disappoint at all. Tried both Amelie's French Bakery and "FuD at Salud," a place with waffle sandwiches. There was another neighborhood southeast of downtown that was pretty neat, too (around Legion Brewing).

Didn't have time for the NASCAR HOF, but did go to the Levine Museum per HisIceness suggestion and it was really unique!

Glad the NoDa suggestion worked out. Just be careful around the area that's no the main part and you will be fine there.

I think where Legion is Commonwealth. It's before you get to BoJa where the Checkers play

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Going to a wedding next weekend where the theme is "ostensible narcissism"

I found this hat at a specialty store in Calgary for $360

You have no idea how tempted I am to by it. You know how many places I could rock the **** outta this at?

JWWAaST.png

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If you actually have $360 to spare, it's your duty to buy that damned hat.

But you must wear it every day. It must become a part of you.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hmm, so if I find a hat like that at a yard sale, I could sell it to CI for $360?.

BRB gonna go to yard sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad