GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - DAS EUPHORIA PART DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We had a really tough and brutal schedule to open the season. The only non-playoff team from last year that we played in the first 10 was Arizona. And as far as I'm concerned, they're likely the only non-playoff team of this year out of that bunch.

Then we had the last two against the Hurricanes, another non-playoff team from last year and this year, unless they acquire a good goalie and real fast.

So we're 3-0-0 against the cream of the crap, 3-3-3 against exclusively playoff teams. Not a bad record at all, considering the circumstances. And we're also 5-0-1 at home.

I REALLY want 4 points against TRASH BuffaLOL.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Yes, I may be a a little or even a lot of chicken little but after the Jets, the election, my furnace breaking down, and a few other personal things, I'm pretty pessimistic right now even though they're 6-3-3.

I'll probably change my tune if the Devils win both Buffalo games by a combined 4 goals.

Squeaking by ****** teams will catch up with them.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's better than losing to ****** teams. At best we were probably going to be a bubble team going into the season, and there's a whole mess of teams in that bubble group, including Carolina, who we were only 2 points ahead of before this home-and-home series. There are really only a handful of truly ****** teams in this league, and even they can beat good teams once in a while. Hell, Vancouver just broke a 9 game losing steak against DD's precious Rangers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes, I may be a a little or even a lot of chicken little but after the Jets, the election, my furnace breaking down, and a few other personal things, I'm pretty pessimistic right now even though they're 6-3-3.

I'll probably change my tune if the Devils win both Buffalo games by a combined 4 goals.

I hope everything works out for you and things get better in your personal life bud

I've got some problems going on and mad anxiety myself, but I'm actually fairly optimistic about the Devils right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's better than losing to ****** teams. At best we were probably going to be a bubble team going into the season, and there's a whole mess of teams in that bubble group, including Carolina, who we were only 2 points ahead of before this home-and-home series. There are really only a handful of truly ****** teams in this league, and even they can beat good teams once in a while. Hell, Vancouver just broke a 9 game losing steak against DD's precious Rangers.
Last year we had some embarrassing losses to ****** teams.

Losing to Calgary and Edmonton with Anders Nilsson, losing those two shootouts to Toronto. That was gross. Too many losses to the Blue Jackets. I'd like to see we lost to them more or as many times last year as we have since they've been in the league, but we've been losing to them a whole lot over the last 3 years.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I like how they've asserted dominance at home thus far. 5-0-1 and oh so close to being perfect. Seems like Hynes is playing the matchup game well.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I like how they've asserted dominance at home thus far. 5-0-1 and oh so close to being perfect. Seems like Hynes is playing the matchup game well.

I question this, but I agree with your sentiment. It's always nice to be good at home.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can't complain with the results. We are in a good spot early on with points and in the standings. We are playing a more exciting brand of hockey. We have players to get excited about on all sides of the ice.

Plenty of room for improvement of course. Things are far from perfect, but the overall trajectory is positive IMO.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

who cares if they win by 1 or 10 lol what does that matter? :laugh:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
We had a really tough and brutal schedule to open the season. The only non-playoff team from last year that we played in the first 10 was Arizona. And as far as I'm concerned, they're likely the only non-playoff team of this year out of that bunch.

Then we had the last two against the Hurricanes, another non-playoff team from last year and this year, unless they acquire a good goalie and real fast.

So we're 3-0-0 against the cream of the crap, 3-3-3 against exclusively playoff teams. Not a bad record at all, considering the circumstances. And we're also 5-0-1 at home.

I REALLY want 4 points against TRASH BuffaLOL.

On top of the tougher schedule out of the gate, 10 of our 14 games in November are on the road, then the first 2 in December are as well.

Hopefully we can start to put some points together on the road because we could be in really good shape in the later months when we get a slew of games at the Rock. February's gonna be a fun month. :yo:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Apologize for the double post, I know people are starting to get on Hynes a bit and that the shelf life of NHL coaches doesn't tend to be incredibly long, but you've got to give the guy some time. He is barely entering his second full season with NHLers, he is going to make mistakes and be guilty of overcoaching as any young coach would.

I think he's someone who seems to know the game very well and is a good tactician. My hope is that he eases up on the bingo balling of the lines once the scoring finally breaks out. Rico and Palms aren't going to struggle forever. Outside of that, I think he's done a fine job trying to squeeze anything together for some goals. Once the floodgates open, which they should inevitably based on our shot generation numbers, I think he'll settle things down then.

I'm simply hoping we've finally got a coach in place that we will have for years to come.

Camille the Eel

He seems to follow pre set lines about 60% of the time and then mix and match and double shift top guys depending on how the game is going.

No way I complaint about Hynes. He's getting 120% out of this roster. Getting the top performance out of what's in the locker room is what coaching is all about. I can't see that he's doing anything but a great job as to that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
You can count on one hand the number of teams that have consistent lines

That I'm sure is true, can't say I follow too closely how the lines play out for other teams. I'm just bringing it up because it appears to be the main complaint so far after last year where he settled on forward line pairings pretty quickly. To be fair, the top players were performing in the early going whereas this year, they're gripping the stick too tight it seems.

So far though, looks like Hall-Zajac is going to stick as it should. These guys are driving the offense at this point.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Hall-Zajac is a good combo. I think they're playing well together and they're tough to play against. Parenteau isn't quite as fast but he provides a good compliment on that line. They should stay together. The middle-six has a ton of juggling but I think it'll get figured out. Lots of skill and matching that can happen. Zacha should be a center, Josefson if he's in too. If he's out, Henrique should stay at C. Zajac-Zacha-Rico down the middle is good. We just need our wingers to step up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zajac has been nothing short of excellent this season, and he seems to be clicking with Hall like he clicked with Parise. Makes sense I guess, Hall and Parise play a similar type of game in a lot of ways.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I hope everything works out for you and things get better in your personal life bud

I've got some problems going on and mad anxiety myself, but I'm actually fairly optimistic about the Devils right now.

Thanks man. I hope everything works out for you too!:yo:

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
It is what it is with Zajac, he will have spurts of good and then do nothing offensively for many games.

It's just annoying when your top 2 centers (Zajac+Henrique) are the most inconsistent offensive players you'll ever.

At least we have Hall though, I don't think he will ever has consistency issues, he has been on his game every time.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It is what it is with Zajac, he will have spurts of good and then do nothing offensively for many games.

It's just annoying when your top 2 centers (Zajac+Henrique) are the most inconsistent offensive players you'll ever.

At least we have Hall though, I don't think he will ever has consistency issues, he has been on his game every time.

well, we're ~15% into the season and he has been our best forward not named Hall

not sure what the point in harping on him is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad