Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes clinch playoff spot!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Because I can't get over the raw emotion that was on display in the building last night. For me, the looks on everyone's faces are what make this kind of thing special.

My favorite part of last night was immediately after the game ended. Everyone was going nuts, because we won the game and we all recognized how important that was.

But when they showed the final of the Montreal game on the scoreboard? It reached another decibel level. And it's noticable in just about every highlight. You can tell the exact moment they showed that final score just by the crowd reaction.

It's been SO LONG since the PNC has had that energy. Just a thrill to be a part of.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
My favorite part of last night was immediately after the game ended. Everyone was going nuts, because we won the game and we all recognized how important that was.

But when they showed the final of the Montreal game on the scoreboard? It reached another decibel level. And it's noticable in just about every highlight. You can tell the exact moment they showed that final score just by the crowd reaction.

It's been SO LONG since the PNC has had that energy. Just a thrill to be a part of.
Yep, when they showed the Montreal score, the noise level went from a full-throated roar to absolutely deafening. As in I could hear the crackle in my ears that probably means they're being damaged. I haven't heard that sound in years and I loved every second of it.

I was smothering my daughter's ears as tightly as possible, yet screaming as loud as I could. That's all you can do when your kid is a toddler who won't wear her ear muffs, but you've just witnessed an end to a decade of futility.

Last edited:

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
So excited.

I've followed this team from Glasgow, Scotland since the tail end of the 07/08 season.

I was a 14/15 year old who was totally new to hockey, and probably didn't know enough to appreciate the 08/09 season and the playoff run. I think that run, and Cam Ward, made me fall in love with hockey - but even still, I probably didn't appreciate it fully.

Since then, I've followed this team from afar. I was even lucky enough to make it over to PNC Arena for four games last February. That just made me love this team, the organization and the fans even more. I'm so happy for everyone involved.

I actually bought tickets to the three playoff games, but flights have increased dramatically in price since Tuesday - and I may not be able to make it. But whether I'm watching it from my couch - or in the arena with all you guys, I can't wait to enjoy Canes playoff hockey.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Because I can't get over the raw emotion that was on display in the building last night. For me, the looks on everyone's faces are what make this kind of thing special.

It really is special. I've shed some tears since clinching last night and can't stop scrolling through Twitter watching the highlights. Man when I came across the Section 328 peeps hugging it out I just lost it. I live for moments like last night, just a sense of coming together, and having a damn Faulking good time!

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
upload_2019-4-5_10-11-18.jpeg

The moment Nino scored. Even RBA was pumped.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It has been quite a wait. I married my girlfriend that I met right before the 06 playoffs, finished college, we had a kid, got laid off from one job, started a new career in another field, had my 2nd kidney transplant, bought a house, got my first new car, got a dog. We are going to blow the damn roof off during our games.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Reddit to the rescue:

Watching the clip you posted earlier, the one that got me was watching Mrazek. While the rest of the team was coming over to congratulate him, he was the first one to see the MTL result on the scoreboard.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
It really is special. I've shed some tears since clinching last night and can't stop scrolling through Twitter watching the highlights. Man when I came across the Section 328 peeps hugging it out I just lost it. I live for moments like last night, just a sense of coming together, and having a damn Faulking good time!

Yeah, i didn't expect to find myself crying last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad