Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes clinch playoff spot!

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm glad we're going with the black jerseys. Something different, and we've had a mojo with both black jerseys we've had.

As for Aho, hopefully the few days before our first game will give him a little bit of time to heal up physically, mentally, whatever. I think he's a guy that can certainly bring it for the playoffs.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
upload_2019-4-5_14-45-58.png

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I'm glad we're going with the black jerseys. Something different, and we've had a mojo with both black jerseys we've had.

As for Aho, hopefully the few days before our first game will give him a little bit of time to heal up physically, mentally, whatever. I think he's a guy that can certainly bring it for the playoffs.

I honestly can't stand those jerseys, :laugh: but we've got great luck in them, and heck, we could wear freakin Caps alternate jerseys for all I care if it gets us wins in the playoffs

ETA: I agree, I am so hyped to see what this team looks like with even like a MILLISECOND of rest. I feel exhausted having just watched them down this last stretch of games / schedule loL

tenor.gif

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Congratulations! So well deserved! I'm glad the trade ended up having a positive impact for both our teams, and I hope you guys win at least one series and do some damage! Always liked the Hurricanes in general, because despite ten years of not doing well, you guys have never tried to tank. Your team has always TRIED. And I respect the hell out of that compared to a Buffalo.

Whether you go the distance or get swept, enjoy it. When we finally made it again in 2015 and won a series, every other fan base tried to crap on our moment, that because we were in a rebuild, we hurt ourselves long term. But nothing compares to getting to see your boys in playoff action.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I definitely think Aho is playing somewhat hurt. He’s a step slow right now from where he was earlier in the season. If Colombus loses tonight I wonder if you give him the night off on Saturday? Or limit his minutes his at least to keep his Ironman streak alive.

I don't think so. Looking perfectly fine to me...also still has breakaways every game. At this point they're all somewhat tired and a bit banged up. Not sure Aho is feeling worse than others. Wouldn't be against limiting some guys minutes though...not just Aho's.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Was having a weird dream. I mean after all I did not expect this at all. Aho was feeling hurt, but still playing because he wants this as much as everyone. Then to the part... Aho as a smaller player makes a new move of his own. A big defender with long legs, so Aho decides to go thought the a legs and score. This may be over the top even for a dream, but c'mon now. This, well maybe not that move? But the playoffs will be happening. So happy for you guys. Long road, everything is a win? Of course, to as long as we can. But you deserve playoffs. You got it!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Rod discussing the importancef Justin Faulk:
"I think he's had his best year here.
The consistency he's come with and the buy in he had from day one,"
Brind'Amour said of Faulk.
'"His play, he's been great."
"The compete in his game. He's been phenomenal."

I get it...they're excited too and want to send those quotes out to the world but I really wish the media would stop asking them about each other and let them focus on the playoffs...they're not done and have a job to do. They can still praise each other on clean out day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad