GDT: Hurricanes @ Caps 11/8/14 8PM

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Why on earth would we send Wilson to Hershey? He is getting plenty of minutes now.

It's not like we have a boatload of other forwards who are legit top-6 guys. Last night we had Beagle, of all people, on the top line.

43 is one of the very few guys on our team who is actually tough and intimidating to play against. Plus, like Knuble, he understands the concept of net-front presence. Many of our guys do not.

At the risk of igniting a whole separate ****storm, Kuzya seems like the one who could profit from 3-5 games of heavy minutes in Hershey, to get acclimated to the so-called north-south, North American style game Trotz was talking about. It appears Kuz was given a lot more space in KHL, especially laterally through neutral zone, than he gets here. Less aggressive backcheck there, softer game. According to Trotz anyway.

Not that Wilson is a better player. Kuz has the higher ceiling. He just needs quick cram session on some of the differences between NHL/KHL.

In truth, I don't want to send either one down. I'd rather rotate any of the following through the press box, 1 or 2 games at a time: Chimera, Brouwer, Fehr, Beagle, O'Brien, Laich.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'd be fine with sending Willy or Kuzya to Hershey as needed. Both have their advantages at the NHL level, but neither is a difference maker right now, unlike Bura.

evilash616

Nov 5, 2014
To anyone who wants Wilson or Kuz sent down.

Just an honest curious question. Who would you have play in their places? I see no forwards on the team or down in Hershey that would have anywhere near as much impact as them.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Opponent playing their backup --> automatic loss.

4-1 Carolina.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Semin probably scores one with two assists while not taking any penalties. Then after tonight goes on a ten game pointless streak.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I'm all for Kuz getting big minutes...when he learns the NHL game. His rudimentary mistakes are too costly to justify 20 minutes a night. They're in a difficult spot with him because he doesn't belong in Hershey and isn't a checking-line player.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt

Asked Trotz if he planned to get any of last night's scratches in, said probably Kuznetsov. Justin Peters in net vs. his former team.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Semin with one back breaking penalty. One assist. And one bongo move on Troy Brouwer.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
if kuz had come to the nhl earlier, he wouldn't be in the jam he is in now. Bura and Wilson are a head of their development curves and kuznetsov is behind it. not his fault perhaps but still how it works out.

If trotz wants a traditional matchup 3rd line, kuz doesn't fit there. if he doesn't fit there he essentially needs to play johnasson, burakovsky or Wilson off the ice. he doesn't play Wilson's game. that means he needs to force caps to send bura to Hershey to give him ice time or to trade Johansson.

otherwise there really isn't a spot on the team for the role he would play. I think this could work against kuz. I am not sure how it hurts the team

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Mike Vogel @VogsCaps

#Caps lines tonight: 8-19-43, 90-65-20, 25-16-42, 83-92-46. Defense: 44-74, 27-2, 88-52. Peters vs Khudobin. #CapsCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad