Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at The Powerhouse | 2/8/19 - 8PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We are a one line team.... when the opposition shuts that line down we lose. Time to move Hayes and add some pieces. With koivu out in minnesota there's another option for a trade.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Does anyone else see all the cries of "but CEREMONY night!" And find it just laughable?

94 is more commercialized than f***ing Christmas now

Why in god's name would any of those players give a shit about 94 or ceremony night and why would any of you think it's actually worth half a shit?

Reactions: Turbosperg and jas

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Does anyone else see all the cries of "but CEREMONY night!" And find it just laughable?

94 is more commercialized than ****ing Christmas now

Why in god's name would any of those players give a **** about 94 or ceremony night and why would any of you think it's actually worth half a ****?

It shows what happens when you win in NY, you are a hero for life. I actually love the idea as it gives the players around the league a reason to choose NY and the players here something else to strive for, something to work towards and another reason to put the effort in every year.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
It shows what happens when you win in NY, you are a hero for life. I actually love the idea as it gives the players around the league a reason to choose NY and the players here something else to strive for, something to work towards and another reason to put the effort in every year.
Keep in mind the following isn't anger directed at you at all. Just my stream of consciousness bc it's 9 am and I'm cranky.

Being a hero for life in NY is completely separated from MSG's pathetic 94 nostalgia hamming every year bc yea..it IS every year.

What do you get with your hero for life status in NY? Free hoagies for life at struggling pizza chains? Or would you be called a cheap millionaire if you took that now in the twitter generation?

Maybe people screaming "Yo MEESSSSSSSSSS" from every taxi and bus window? Actually nowadays it'd be more like 1 in every 100 bc no one cares anymore except actual hockey die hards

MSG is a propaganda machine. They aren't nostalgic, they're all about the pretty words while Dolan's fat, greasy hand slides into your pocket to pilfer your wallet for hoodies and hats that are overpriced even when heavily discounted

It's nice to remember moments from that awesome year, it's not so nice to give it an almost religious reverence and pretend like some half assed "ceremony night" means anything more than a chance to cheer some old timers in the pre game

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbosperg

BklynTerp

Nov 26, 2017
You people are weird about this stuff. Part of the reason the Rangers gave such a strong fan base is because of the way they keep fans engaged and connected to the team. This is part of it.

We’re having a bad year but my parents got to spend two great nights at the Garden seeing a favorite from when they were season ticket holders go up in the rafters and celebrating an incredible memorable championship team. No shit it makes money, that’s what this is. It’s a business. None of this has anything to do with the Rangers sucking this year or not having any cups since 94.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You’ve got to put Chytil and Buchnevich with Hayes at this point. Those are the only other guys that can do anything offensively. Take some pressure off the top line.

Strome Vesey Fast namestnikov Nieves Lettieri these guys cannot score forget it. They’re producing nothing for weeks now

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
NyRangersFanatic said:
My favorite part of the night is when Glenn Healy looked at Richter and said "He's the best goalie this organization has ever had". So happy he said that, because I get sick and tired of hearing the younger fans who think Lundqvist is the best. He's not and never​
Give me a break bro. Richter is my childhood hero and favorite player ever. Amazing money goalie who was prone to softies but made incredible acrobatic saves. Quick is very similar to him. Injuries cut his career short and maybe if the Rangers were better later in his career he could’ve had a better career.

But come on. Lundqvist is one of the best goalies of all time in the league and unquestionably the best goalie to ever play for the Rangers.

How about we had a good goalie who backstopped his amazing team to a cup and ended the drought and all that. And then we were lucky enough to have a guy come along who was the best goalie of his generation afterwards. We should be grateful for that.

I believe as a Rangers fan "you simply DO NOT ever compare the two". Why would anyone?
Not only you "do not", but you "should not". Why? Different era, different NHL (meaning speed of game and talent), different goalie equiptment (lesser vs bigger) trapezoid vs no trapezoid, goaltender interference (what was, and what is now) just so many things. So how is this at all fair and comparable?

Would Hank have won a cup with that 93'-94' team?
Would Mike have sustained what Hank has done in this league? Hmmmm. I simply don't wanna go there. I am too grateful for what Mike and that team has provided, as I am with Hank and what he has done, bringing the Rangers BACK to being a force to be reckoned with for all these years.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
To add to this, Lundqvist is literally on Tom Brady levels of fitness and self care. He can easily play to 40 at least, maybe not all as a 60-70 game starter but it is possible. On all accounts I've heard he is very in tune with keeping himself good to keep playing for as long as it takes.
No offense bud, but DESPITE how much I despise Brady, he couldn't hold Hanks jockstrap. Does anyone truly believe that Brady could play goaltender and do what Hank does? Hank gets HIT more often than that Homophobic Slur of a QB. He cries when someone even touches him, (maybe even when his wife does as well) Where as, I am pretty sure Hank could run around and throw a football (albeit, obviously not as good).

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Carolina has a very good neutral zone game ... most of the time, I think. They are very mobile. And they can all move the puck. Their plague is goaltending and scoring.
If Carolina grabbed Panarin and Bobrovsky, they would be scary good. Easily make the PO's and would even win a round. Whether they actually do something like that, well that remains to be seen. They really could, you know.

Oh and btw, I am not falling for the hype of a "package deal" based on same agent. Just saying that that is exactly what they need right now.......agree?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

94 is more commercialized
than ****ing Christmas now

Why in god's name would any of those players give a **** about 94 or ceremony night and why would any of you think it's actually worth half a ****?
What in this WORLD isn't commercialized?

The players obviously don't give a shit as much as the fans, make no mistake......this was for the fans and those players and anyone associated with that cup team.
These 2019 Rangers are a by product of history. They have no choice but to be there and experience what is going on. I have to believe anyone in that locker room that is worth half a shit, understands the beauty and difficulty of what they accomplished and is obviously what they are all playing this game for......as well. Winning a Cup in NY.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
What in this WORLD isn't commercialized?

The players obviously don't give a **** as much as the fans, make no mistake......this was for the fans and those players and anyone associated with that cup team.
These 2019 Rangers are a by product of history. They have no choice but to be there and experience what is going on. I have to believe anyone in that locker room that is worth half a ****, understands the beauty and difficulty of what they accomplished and is obviously what they are all playing this game for......as well. Winning a Cup in NY.
I like how I said more commercialized than Christmas and you simplified it to simply being commercialized. The rest of what a lot of others wrote is meaningless. I'm not saying never remember. In fact I said the literal opposite. I am criticizing the laughable DEGREE that people are waxing poetic about what this night meant. "Of all nights, why CEREMONY NIGHT!?" Cmon it's a joke

Calm the hell down to those people.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
You people are weird about this stuff. Part of the reason the Rangers gave such a strong fan base is because of the way they keep fans engaged and connected to the team. This is part of it.

We’re having a bad year but my parents got to spend two great nights at the Garden seeing a favorite from when they were season ticket holders go up in the rafters and celebrating an incredible memorable championship team. No **** it makes money, that’s what this is. It’s a business. None of this has anything to do with the Rangers sucking this year or not having any cups since 94.
Yes some of you are being weird. See my above comment. People are going all "think of the children levels" in this thread. It's a bit much is all

Reactions: egelband

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Rangers played a good 2 periods but came out flat in the 3rd and Carolina didn't. Carolina impressed me last night. They are not as bad as everyone is saying. Their D is very good and their goaltender made some legit saves. If they add a couple offensive pieces they will be a serious team. I thought Aho had a weak game, I was expecting more from him.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Keep in mind the following isn't anger directed at you at all. Just my stream of consciousness bc it's 9 am and I'm cranky.

Being a hero for life in NY is completely separated from MSG's pathetic 94 nostalgia hamming every year bc yea..it IS every year.

What do you get with your hero for life status in NY? Free hoagies for life at struggling pizza chains? Or would you be called a cheap millionaire if you took that now in the twitter generation?

Maybe people screaming "Yo MEESSSSSSSSSS" from every taxi and bus window? Actually nowadays it'd be more like 1 in every 100 bc no one cares anymore except actual hockey die hards

MSG is a propaganda machine. They aren't nostalgic, they're all about the pretty words while Dolan's fat, greasy hand slides into your pocket to pilfer your wallet for hoodies and hats that are overpriced even when heavily discounted

It's nice to remember moments from that awesome year, it's not so nice to give it an almost religious reverence and pretend like some half assed "ceremony night" means anything more than a chance to cheer some old timers in the pre game

It's just a ceremony, it really isnt anything to get worked up about. It was a nice tribute to a group of players who exorcised the demon of our half a century of losing. Most teams do these things, NY gets more publicity about it.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
No offense bud, but DESPITE how much I despise Brady, he couldn't hold Hanks jockstrap. Does anyone truly believe that Brady could play goaltender and do what Hank does? Hank gets HIT more often than that ****** of a QB. He cries when someone even touches him, (maybe even when his wife does as well) Where as, I am pretty sure Hank could run around and throw a football (albeit, obviously not as good).
I mean fitness and health wise. I'm pretty sure Hank has his own tb12

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
It's just a ceremony, it really isnt anything to get worked up about. It was a nice tribute to a group of players who exorcised the demon of our half a century of losing. Most teams do these things, NY gets more publicity about it.
Why do you people insist that every rant is "upset"? Cmon, are you New Yorkers or not?

I guess there's a lot of nj folks too.

If you read that and thought I was actually upset over a ceremony than you read what you wanted to

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ll be away on business tomorrow but I think that’s the last game for a couple guys. Having said that I’d like to see

Kreider Zibanestud Zucc
Chytil Hayes Bitchnevich
Vesey Strome Fast
Namestnikov Nieves Lettieri

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I’ll be away on business tomorrow but I think that’s the last game for a couple guys. Having said that I’d like to see

Kreider Zibanestud Zucc
Chytil Hayes *****nevich
Vesey Strome Fast
Namestnikov Nieves Lettieri
Chytil should definitely play with Hayes, they were great as linemates early on in the season. But Strome should not play higher up in the lineup than the 4th line, he's been horrible. Put one of Nieves/Names at 3C.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Chytil should definitely play with Hayes, they were great as linemates early on in the season. But Strome should not play higher up in the lineup than the 4th line, he's been horrible. Put one of Nieves/Names at 3C.

Strome banged home a really pretty one a few weeks ago. He's been trash since.

Lettieri is obviously on borrowed time, enjoy the the NHL-rated pay days because there aren't many left.

All for Nieves rocking out as C3 for two months.

This isn't advanced science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad