Pre-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Capitals, ECQF Game 1

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
And the local outbreak of sorcery has made the the new nickname unsavory and, frankly, tone deaf.

#Underrated Post! lol.

And by the way, I'm not making fun of the wizards or their fans (As I've posted ad nauseum I'm a born and raised Knicks fans so I have no stones to throw), just funny observations from time there. (I never went to a Hornets game but I can't imagine that's any better). Ovi has a done a lot to put the Caps on the map and while I don't like the team-- I respect that and I'm happy for DC because it's a wonderful city.

The Nats also obviously had a lot of buzz with Bryce, Max, etc....it will be interesting to see what it looks like this year. (I've yet to go to a home game this season there b/c i'm saving up my money for playoff tix and Yankees games--yes I'm an obnoxious Yankees fan lol).

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
There should be talk of doing a blackout for our home games. Similar to the Jets whiteout. We chose the black jerseys might as well go all the way.

You think they'll hand out black shirts or something? I'm trying to think --of the top of my head from the last few times, I've been there this season for home games--what percentage of fans were wearing black jerseys / black in general.

I've also never been to a playoff game for a fan base that was trying "black out " / "white out" etc...so maybe the info gets out to most fans in enough time.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I was born in DC and lived there until I was 12. The Bullets were great back in the day. Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes. Good times.

Well, that '78 championship was 40 years ago, and they've been ass ever since. Change the name back to the Bullets, at least. DC is way less murder-y now.

I was just reading an article recently about the dramatic drop in violent crimes seen from 1993 to 2017. Some 49%. The US as a whole is a much safer place to live in than it was 20-25 years ago. Contrary to what Facebook, and certain media outlets would have you believe. So more people are alive to worry about gluten and vaccines.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I was just reading an article recently about the dramatic drop in violent crimes seen from 1993 to 2017. Some 49%. The US as a whole is a much safer place to live in than it was 20-25 years ago. Contrary to what Facebook, and certain media outlets would have you believe. So more people are alive to worry about gluten and vaccines.

For better or worse, DC has been heavily gentrified. I have family that's lived here for over a decade and myself have lived here on and off for several years. The transformations of blocks from drug/prostitution hot spots to million dollar condos, luxury hotels, and cafes has been amazing to see. The only place still a bit untouched is SouthEast and I'm sure that's just a matter of time.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
You think they'll hand out black shirts or something? I'm trying to think --of the top of my head from the last few times, I've been there this season for home games--what percentage of fans were wearing black jerseys / black in general.

I've also never been to a playoff game for a fan base that was trying "black out " / "white out" etc...so maybe the info gets out to most fans in enough time.
Yeah hopefully the team would put out the information and possibly give out shirts or black towels as well to first so many fans that get in. I would go buy a black jersey if it was happening, but that is just me.

I always thought the whiteout was so cool when id watch their games.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
x-1Fq0dd_bigger.jpg
Micah Blake McCurdy‏ @IneffectiveMath 5h5 hours ago

Some of those rookies had surprisingly good years in shot terms,
most obviously Svechnikov.

pic.twitter.com/K7vBBw7Gl9
D3okymVWsAAJbqE.png

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think the key is not to get penalized and keep their guys out of the box too

Theoretically, the whistles should be put away in the playoffs, but that's more likely in the later rounds than in round 1. I don't doubt that between the Caps and us, we're going to wind up on the short end of the stick with regards to officiating more often than not.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
There should be talk of doing a blackout for our home games. Similar to the Jets whiteout. We chose the black jerseys might as well go all the way.

Dundon should put the black jerseys and black hoodies/t-shirts, etc. on sale. I bet a ton of people would buy something. Then we'd be a bit closer to a blackout. Has this team ever given out t-shirts. I feel like it's always the rally towels, which I guess they could do black.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad