Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes 4, Penguins 0 - The Jack Johnson Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There’s something to be said for that...is it too late this year? Might be...

It seems like GM and coach aren't on the same page when it comes to construction of the roster and system. Sullivan wants to play like it's still 2016, whereas I think JR wants the team to be more like the Caps were last year (minus the headshots).

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My final take on this game:

Someone call 911.

I just witnessed a murder.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Seems like another shake-up trade is needed.

Should be coaches...can’t trade the entire roster...we made so many trades already...they can play a different system, however, and they’re going to need to I think to have any PO success...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Murray is a joke.

His poor play had a huge impact in the game and he calls out the team for needing a little more.

The team needs more from you Murray.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
our 3 through 6 defense is probably bottom 3 in NHL, they are lucky they have an above average 1-2 otherwise in trouble.

our inability to sustain possession is concern, no support, NZ movement is non-existing, if it wasn't for Sid-Jake-and Rusts ability to keep the puck we would not have more than 10 shots per game, nono of the other lines can hold the puck for second,

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Murray is a joke.

His poor play had a huge impact in the game and he calls out the team for needing a little more.

The team needs more from you Murray.

Don't watch the CBJ - COL game, there is actual goaltending on both sides going on.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why does the NHL put the face off stat above importance of the passing %?
Where can I even find passing %'s for games?
Who gives a f*** about faceoff's when you can't even pass the puck 3 feet.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Murray had a shit game. Sidney Crosby and Jake Guentzel were the only Penguins that were able to create anything positive tonight. Very poor effort. Murray was also brutal. When in these situations, franchise netminders are able to dig their team out. Murray sunk right along with the rest of them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Murray is a joke.

Didn't he only give up like 2 goals on 30 shots before the empty net goal? Yeah, I have a really tough time criticizing him when the team gets shut out.

This isn't saying he was great tonight or anything, but there are a lot more pressing problems than your goalie who's giving up 3 goals on 31 shots if you're losing 4-0.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Didn't he only give up like 2 goals on 30 shots before the empty net goal? Yeah, I have a really tough time criticizing him when the team gets shut out.

This isn't saying he was great tonight or anything, but there are a lot more pressing problems than your goalie who's giving up 3 goals on 31 shots if you're losing 4-0.

It wasn't a good game by him. Both teams missed glorious chances.

He had the stretch where he was so good a few weeks ago, and it looks like he's kind of reverting back to fighting pucks again. Murray at his best is letting everything hit him and his positioning is there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It wasn't a good game by him. Both teams missed glorious chances.

He had the stretch where he was so good a few weeks ago, and it looks like he's kind of reverting back to fighting pucks again. Murray at his best is letting everything hit him and his positioning is there.

My point was more so that I'm not going to criticize the goalie when you're being shut out offensively, even if the goalie didn't have a good game.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Murray had a **** game. Sidney Crosby and Jake Guentzel were the only Penguins that were able to create anything positive tonight. Very poor effort. Murray was also brutal. When in these situations, franchise netminders are able to dig their team out. Murray sunk right along with the rest of them.
It wasn't his best game, no, but the lack of scoring isn't on him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It wasn't his best game, no, but the lack of scoring isn't on him.

Of course not. But it hasn't been just this game. He's really gone back to where he was in the beginning of the season.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Team looked like it lacked focus all night. The effort was there I thought most of the night, but the execution was so far off being NHL caliber, that I at times had to make sure it wasn’t EA NHL19. As mentioned multiple times, defensive zone structure and transition out of said zone is severely lacking. And if anyone knows what d system they are running, I would love to hear it(watch a lot of hockey, but not super educated on schemes) but it seems to me that all they do is a collapsing zone and allow too much time to the opposing team on the outside. Keeping it to the outside is good by rule of thumb, but eventually a lane will open up via rebound or pass. Just appears to be extremely easy to get high danger scoring chances against us.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad