GDT: HURRICANES (36-25-5) at PENGUINS (39-22-6) 1:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, FS-CR, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
1. Checks into GDT.

2. Sees @ColePens already is at Defcon-2.

3. Grabs a front row seat . . .

tenor.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone watch the WBS penguins game last night?
I never saw that happen in hockey before in 25 years. How weird was that...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sully: "We can't chase a mistake with another mistake"

AT&T Sports: Shows Letang chasing a bad pass all the way to Washington's goal line.

THIS makes me happy to see. They know the errors. This is coachable and EASILY fixable. That does give me a lot of faith. This seriously is so easily fixable.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
People can call out small lineup decisions, it's not the difference. I can't stress it enough. It's the players on the damn ice.

1. It's the players. 110%. First and foremost. And there's no explanation needed.

2. As a secondary matter, from a coaching perspective, adapt? Yes, lines are a small thing. As an aside, I've been saying for a bit that they need someone from the outside to take a fresh look at this PP.

3. As a secondary matter, I've been beating the drum since December that this team had a real chance but IF they were to be a top contender and sustain what was building when Sid and Dumo returned they (a) needed to add to Jake and (b) would need to consider a partner for Marino so they could ride their top 4. They semi replaced Jake with Zucker but in the process went from one killer line that dictated everything to two diluted lines that don't stack up against the best in hockey. AND, the drop off to #4 is even worse than it looked in December.

@ColePens, there are so many variables at play here. What they were doing in December, with the guys they had . . . it wasn't sustainable forever.

Frankly, EVERYONE has dropped the ball here. The players lost their way, and they get the most blame. Sully lost his way too. And JR didn't go for it.

As I told you yesterday, I hope it turns around. Sometimes, the impetus for that kind of change comes out of nowhere. BUT, even the most eternal optimist is running out of reasons for optimism.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe I meant in our lifetime haha. Born in 82 (so that's pretty similar to these I think)

I was born in 85 so we are on the same page. My least favorite:

1) 93-2000 Pigeon. I just did not like that logo. It was so 90s.
2) Sid's rookie year CCM jersey. The logo is fine to come back but that jersey is bulky and vegas gold sucks.
3) The 2009 Cup jerseys. Man... Vegas Gold is not my favorite.

:laugh:

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What happened?

Fight in the first 11 seconds of play. Opposing player got hit so bad he bled everywhere.
Delayed the game 30 minutes to clean it up.
Must have scraped the ice so much they had to re-zamboni after 11 seconds into the first period.

7:08 PM game started at 8:00PM ish.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's not the difference, agreed, but scratching Schultz could help send a message that playing like that is unacceptable. Not being married to Blueger-Tanev combo also might help. Or not having Geno on the f***ing left point on the PP.

I can get behind this. The #1 way to create accountability is to prove it by coaching. I can definitely get behind this.

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
Sully: "We can't chase a mistake with another mistake"

AT&T Sports: Shows Letang chasing a bad pass all the way to Washington's goal line.

THIS makes me happy to see. They know the errors. This is coachable and EASILY fixable. That does give me a lot of faith. This seriously is so easily fixable.
Watch the pendulum swing with them playing overly safely today.
It will even out in the next few days and then they will play better...

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad