HURRICANE LEE and ME

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We got walloped hard by Fiona last year, winds went as high as 179 kms, it was a scary night with plenty of damage left by the storm and some still remains almost a year later.
True...........that was insane................let's hope Yarmouth, and that end of the province is not where Lee decides to land.............hope all are safe right now.

Northern NS is windy and rain......at this point.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This was about when the eye was coming through so that makes sense. How is the barn making out ?
So far so good. I had my doubts where it was new. Was out in it couple of hours ago.

My old garden shed took a beating though. Must be 30 half torn off shingles blowing around my yard. I wouldn't bother much with it but I keep my generator and ride on mower out there. I'll look at it tomorrow. Shingle it be a few thousand bucks I wasn't expecting to spend. Plus I hate that mess of tearing off asphalt shingles. I might just buy 10-12 sheets of that 1/4" miranti plywood, cover the roof then shingle it. It's only $20 a sheet or so.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This was about when the eye was coming through so that makes sense. How is the barn making out ?
You fellows getting much wind down eastard of me? Blowing about 50 mph here, southwest. Seems like it has stalled or changed course. Suppose to die down little more by now

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
On this end of the province, we didn't get super high winds or heavy rains but we did lose power for a couple of hours yesterday. The winds are a little gusty this morning, probably getting up to the 50 km range but thats just a light breeze by Maritime standards.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad