HURRICANE LEE and ME

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If it happened like that, no doubt insurance agent C. Lee would come by, announce he did not see any tree, and therefore you would be getting nothing from the insurance company.
Waves play on. Sounds familiar.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The weather has been very strange this summer, I have never seen so many days with grey skies and rain during my time in this province.
The weather was mixed, then got hot and sunny, and the wildfires came. Then one day it rained, killed the wildfires, but pretty much has been grey and raining since. Yes, like 2 months of dreary weather.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Just woke up and went outside. It's so humid, and the wind has picked up. Outer edge of Lee has arrived in Halifax, and power outages at over 30000. Yeah , the winds are picking up pretty good with gusts and that whistling noise.. No fishing for me. I'll just sit here with my Lab and listen to it. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Man the radar models showed waves upwards of 30 feets at shore, unsure if it's a wise move to go fishing, lol. Then again, the closest body of water to where I live is the Canal Lachine so, you clearly know more about navigation than I do.
Canal Lachine? If ur lucky you might get a washing machine or a fridge from it. Better get hell of a fishing rod tho

Reactions: Mrb1p

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Just woke up and went outside. It's so humid, and the wind has picked up. Outer edge of Lee has arrived in Halifax, and power outages at over 30000. Yeah , the winds are picking up pretty good with gusts and that whistling noise.. No fishing for me. I'll just sit here with my Lab and listen to it. Good luck everyone.
Stay safe man, this too shall pass.

Reactions: Runner77 and yianik

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Hope is break's up as much as possible before landfall. Tracker shows it going directly over us in Moncton hopefully downgraded by then but still...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We getting hurricane force winds here. Took couple rows of shingles off little garden shed. I wasn't expecting that. I said many years shed stood. I got my generator in that though. Hope power stays on! Lost few big branches off my hardwood trees. It's decent storm. About a 30 foot Tamarack tree on edge of my lawn been benting about double. I don't know how its still standing

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
We getting hurricane force winds here. Took couple rows of shingles off little garden shed. I wasn't expecting that. I said many years shed stood. I got my generator in that though. Hope power stays on! Lost few big branches off my hardwood trees. It's decent storm. About a 30 foot Tamarack tree on edge of my lawn been benting about double. I don't know how its still standing
stay safe.
photos?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
How’s it looking down there your way? lots of wind & periodic rain here Purcells Cove.
It's decent storm. Pic of road to local beach. What use to be road to beach I should say. Been quite storm surge

FB_IMG_1694878236475.jpg

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
My Mom's neighbor had a tree come down and into their backyard and the fence, and the clothesline is gone but shes fine. But a house across from her has a tree on its roof.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Why didn’t they upgrade the dike system earlier?

Good question. I've always wondered if it's just based on hope that the storm veers off to the north or something. I mean even LSU only became experts after their State neglected to take care of the dykes on two occasions and they are a far more likely candidate for a severe storm surge than anywhere on our east coast. Optimism?

Reactions: Runner77

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
My Mom's neighbor had a tree come down and into their backyard and the fence, and the clothesline is gone but shes fine. But a house across from her has a tree on its roof.
No surprise there.….it’s been raining for months so the trees roots are pretty damp & loose.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
No surprise there.….it’s been raining for months so the trees roots are pretty damp & loose.
Good point. That kind of damage easily repairable and standard for us now, just don't want people hurt or homes being lost.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
wow, that looks like a shark crossing the road. Lee’s Still off the coast til 3:30 says my sailing app “Windy”…..Stay safe & get off the friggin road, lol.
Imagine that's debris. Lots of sharks off our coast though. Where water is warming. Researchers groups tag the great whites. You can follow them on line. Back in August One was pinging just a few miles from me. Google pinging great whites should find site

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Imagine that's debris. Lots of sharks off our coast though. Where water is warming. Researchers groups tag the great whites. You can follow them on line. Back in August One was pinging just a few miles from me. Google pinging great whites should find site
Looks like a log. But it's Osearch Shark Tracker. And yes we have great whites all around now, coming by canoes and kayaks.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Looks like a log. But it's Osearch Shark Tracker. And yes we have great whites all around now, coming by canoes and kayaks.
That's good site. I bookmarked it. There's a Great white just off the shore from me. About 3 miles. Was tagged off Florida last November.

Seems like wind slowing down a smidgen now. Wind About south east, eye must be out by us.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
That's good site. I bookmarked it. There's a Great white just off the shore from me. About 3 miles. Was tagged off Florida last November.

Seems like wind slowing down a smidgen now. Wind About south east, eye must be out by us.
This was about when the eye was coming through so that makes sense. How is the barn making out ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad