OT: Hunting/Fishing/Outdoors Thread

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Love it! I've got 40 lbs of lingcod in my freezer right now and getting my 9 wt ready for the salmon runs out here.

Went up to Gouin Reservoir in QC for walleye opener and couldn't believe the amount of ice on the lake still!
Ziy9RRA

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
One of my first real fishing experiences was angling for steelhead on Vancouver island. Actually, was considered poaching, but what did I know. Beautiful 6-7 pound fish and tasted great.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Love it! I've got 40 lbs of lingcod in my freezer right now and getting my 9 wt ready for the salmon runs out here.

Went up to Gouin Reservoir in QC for walleye opener and couldn't believe the amount of ice on the lake still!
Ziy9RRA

I love the Gouin but my father goes there in the first/second week of July and I can't get days off from work around that time. I heard from my brother that the roads were pretty bad this year. The rocks were too sharp and a lot of people had flat tires trying to get to Parent

I also used to go trout fishing in Parc du Mont-tremblant or Mastigouche 15+ years ago

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We’re going to have to lure Rapala to post in this thread.

Jaffy also does his share of hunting as I’ve seen in other threads. I think it was him who keeps tons of game meat in a freezer.

Great thread idea.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, I've been fishing and hunting with my old man since I was 4-5 years old. Nothing beats a catch of the day. Even the best restaurants won't get a fish that fresh.

If you're new to fishing, I strongly suggest pike. Even though it smells like crap, it's easy to catch and very tasty.

Reactions: zeeto and FrankMTL

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We’re going to have to lure Rapala to post in this thread.

Jaffy also does his share of hunting as I’ve seen in other threads. I think it was him who keeps tons of game meat in a freezer.

Great thread idea.

I also have a lot but I don't hunt nor fish:

Moose, wild geese (Canadian or white), trouts, walleyes, partridges, etc.

Edit. My father wishes to go bear hunting so maybe I'll add that

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
When it comes to fishing, Atlantic salmon on a fly, is what I've been raised on, although the numbers are sadly declining. I also enjoy trout and striped bass fishing. The bass numbers are just stupid high in these parts.
For hunting, I'm an avid whitetail hunter, but I also enjoy hunting moose and partridge. Every couple of years, I take a trip to hunt elk and mule deer.

Just trying to open the door for discussion.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Yeah, I've been fishing and hunting with my old man since I was 4-5 years old. Nothing beats a catch of the day. Even the best restaurants won't get a fish that fresh.

If you're new to fishing, I strongly suggest pike. Even though it smells like crap, it's easy to catch and very tasty.

Ditto for me. My dad started bringing me fishing when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My oldest son just turned 5 and I’m planning on bringing him soon.

I’m more of a Bass man myself. Pound for pound, nothing beats the fight, excitement and adrenaline rush of bringing in a big bass. I beat my personal best 2 summers ago with a small mouth that weighed just about 6 pounds. Should be going on fishing trips in September and October this year.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Nevermind I cannot figure out how to load a pic.

2%20Nov%202012_zpsgzq9y5ih.jpg
2%20Nov%202012_zpsgzq9y5ih.jpg.html

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad