Hungary: Hungarian Hockey Expands Focus

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hari is no doubt the best prospect to come out of Hungary in some time, but I think they will be alright with the group of forwards they have selected.

I could see a top line consisting of Bartalis, Pavuk, & Somogyi being quite effective. I think we will see the Nemes-Hardi-Nemeth line reunited to form a second line that could prove to be quite dangerous. A third line could consist of players currently playing together for Miskolc in the MOL Liga, Toth-Hajos-Popovics. Combined, these players are scoring more than a point-per-game in the MOL Liga.

I believe Hungary’s main area of concern has and continues to be in their defensive corp. For example, one of the team’s best defenseman, Attila Orban, was held scoreless in last year’s tournament in Denmark and finished with a +/- of -10. Hopefully, forward strength and strong goaltending will overcome any defensive shortcomings they may have.

That´s an interesting piece of information, I noticed how there are so many Hungarian forwards plaiyng abroad, but no or very few D-man, hmm a huge difference between forwards and deffensmen,where have I seen that. hey I thought the North of the former Kingdom of Hungary had that one reserved, I suppose not?:sarcasm:;)

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
That´s an interesting piece of information, I noticed how there are so many Hungarian forwards plaiyng abroad, but no or very few D-man, hmm a huge difference between forwards and deffensmen,where have I seen that. hey I thought the North of the former Kingdom of Hungary had that one reserved, I suppose not?:sarcasm:;)

Unfortunately, the difference appears to exist with the 1994-1995 group as well.

Hungary is hosting a four nation U16 tournament this weekend. Besides the hosts, participating countries include Poland, France, and Slovenia. The preliminary roster for Hungary is as follows:

Goaltenders
Agoston Oliver (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Vay Adam (Hoba Bratislava, SVK)
Zaka Norbert (MAC).

Defensemen:
Reiter Attila (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Czobor Robert (Bp. Stars)
Dorok Bence (Bp. Stars)
Postas Ciprian (Bp. Stars)
Ratkai Adam (UTE)
Korbuly Gergely (MAC).
Kiss Andras (MAC).
Magosi, Erik (Dunaferr)

Forwards:
Bata Daniel (UTE)
Mach Marton (UTE)
Dosa Krisztian (Bp. Stars)
Fliszar Zalan (Bp. Stars)
Gagyor Peter (Bp. Stars)
Hamvai Szilard (Dunaferr)
Kozma Daniel (MAC)
Nagy Krisztian (MAC)
Schmal Kristof (MAC)
Konczei Aron (Debrecen)
Rito Laszlo (Miskolc)
Toth Javor Ãdám (Miskolc)
Pillok Martin (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Vincze Peter (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Bajler Bence (Bp. Stars)
Turbucz Martin (UTE)
Hardi Marton (Notre Dame)
Kocsis Ferenc (Lahti)
Sebok, Balazs (Karpat)
Somos Gergely (Sapa Fehervar AV19)

As with the 1992-1993 group, forward depth does not appear to be an issue for this class of Hungarians. Only 3 of the forwards above are currently playing outside of Hungary. But as I mentioned in a previous post, I wouldn't be surprised to see some more player movement next year.

Again, defense is a question mark. Erik Magosi is listed above as a defenseman, but he typically plays forward in Dunaujvaros. Curious to see how he handles the position.

Looking forward to this as this will be a good opportunity to see how this group fares against other Division I countries.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Team Hungary U20 sure is shpwing that they are playing in the wrong division, I´d be really surprised if they don´t get promoted especially with the kind of result GB got against Spain and if Balazs Somogyi doesn´t get named the top forward in the tourney. Plus a nice 6-1 win for Hungary U16 against Poland U16. Nice. :handclap:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Team Hungary U20 sure is shpwing that they are playing in the wrong division, I´d be really surprised if they don´t get promoted especially with the kind of result GB got against Spain and if Balazs Somogyi doesn´t get named the top forward in the tourney.

I think the game tomorrow could be close and in a close game, anything can happen.

Two years ago in Estonia, Great Britain and Hungary met in the last game of the U18 Division II Group B Championship. Hungary, led by Istvan Bartalis’ two goals, won the game 3-1 and was promoted to Division I. Many of the players that participated in that tournament are playing in the 2009 U20 Division II Group A Championship. 12 players from Britain and 13 players from Hungary have participated in both tournaments. As in Estonia, the last game will decide which country will promote to Division I.

I do hope Hungary does win, because the 2010 U20 team should be significantly better than this year’s version.

Plus a nice 6-1 win for Hungary U16 against Poland U16. Nice. :handclap:

I don’t know much about the Polish program at this level, but I did have high expectations for this Hungarian team. Hungary outshot Poland 29 to 26 so the game was probably more even than the score would indicate.

One of Hungary’s best 1994-born players, Balazs Sebok, was held scoreless. Of the three players playing outside of Hungary, only Ferenc Kocsis managed a point (one assist).

France up next. I expect a closer result.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
However I have to point out that the Polish team wasn´t even U16, my understanding of other Slavic languages tells me that this:
"Polski Związek Hokeja na Lodzie chyba niezbyt dobrze zrozumiał ideę Turnieju Wyszehradzkiego drużyn do lat 16 i wysłał na Węgry zespół złożony głÃ³wnie z graczy rocznika '93, podczas gdy w pozostałych drużynach nie ma ani jednego gracza w tym wieku."

means that they send a team with players mainly born in 1993 to the tourney.;)

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
France up next. I expect a closer result.

France - Hungary (2 - 6)
00:52 0-1 Dósa Krisztián (Gágyor Péter, Dörök Bence)
02:34 0-2 Ritó László (Pillók Martin Balázs, Postás Ciprián)
25:40 0-3 Sebők Balázs (Nagy Krisztián, Könczei Ãron)
29:15 0-4 Sebők Balázs (Könczei Ãron, Nagy Krisztián)
35:36 0-5 Könczei Ãron (Sebők Balázs, Nagy Krisztián)
41:10 1-5 Thomas Rémi (Perret Jordan, Bogdanoff Lou)
53:06 1-6 Bata Dániel László (Gágyor Péter, Kiss András)
60:00 2-6 Lambart Robin (Carpentier Romain, Andre Cédric)

So tomorrow Hungary plays against Slovenia for the tournament victory.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
France - Hungary (2 - 6)
00:52 0-1 Dósa Krisztián (Gágyor Péter, Dörök Bence)
02:34 0-2 Ritó László (Pillók Martin Balázs, Postás Ciprián)
25:40 0-3 Sebők Balázs (Nagy Krisztián, Könczei Ãron)
29:15 0-4 Sebők Balázs (Könczei Ãron, Nagy Krisztián)
35:36 0-5 Könczei Ãron (Sebők Balázs, Nagy Krisztián)
41:10 1-5 Thomas Rémi (Perret Jordan, Bogdanoff Lou)
53:06 1-6 Bata Dániel László (Gágyor Péter, Kiss András)
60:00 2-6 Lambart Robin (Carpentier Romain, Andre Cédric)

So tomorrow Hungary plays against Slovenia for the tournament victory.

The score is a little closer than the Poland game, although the shot differential is greater (40-24).

Sebok line was much more dangerous today scoring three times. By the way, Krisztian Nagy is the player that initially went with Sebok to Helsinki in a failed attempt to find a team to play for in Finland. I could see him trying again, but this time successfully. Aron Konczei is another skilled player that I would not be surprised to see changing teams next year.

Not sure what to expect tomorrow. The Slovenian U16 team was in Budapest this year for a tournament and finished in third place - losing only to a Romanian team made up of players from Transylvania. Many of those players are participating in this tournament, including Bernik and Snoj. The Budapest Stars finished second in that tournament, losing to the same Transylvanian team in the Final. The two teams did not face each other. Many players from that Budapest Stars team are playing for this U16 team. Notable exceptions include: Balazs Sebok, Marton Hardi, and Ferenc Kocsis.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hungary lost today to Great Britain in a shootout 5-4 and will remain in Division II next year. Only 9 of the players were born in 1990, so many of the players will be back next year, including this year's scoring leader Balazs Somogyi.

As for Great Britiain, I think they have enough 1991-born talent to avoid relegation next year.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
(U16) Hungary - Slovenia (1 - 5)
09:41 0-1 Zupanc Matic (Snoj Tadej)
25:54 1-1 Sebők Balázs (Reiter Attila)
28:51 1-2 Snoj Tadej
42:14 1-3 Bernik Anze (Jazbec Vid)
49:10 1-4 Kelc Tadej (Jazbec Vid)
54:20 1-5 Brgant Matic (Bernik Anze)

Surprisingly strong results from Slovenia, they also had the top scorers in the tournament: Anze Bernik (3gp 4g+5a=9p) and Tadej Snoj (3gp 4g+3a=7p). Would be interesting to see how well they could perform on a higher level, future stars of Slovenian hockey?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hungary lost today to Great Britain in a shootout 5-4 and will remain in Division II next year. Only 9 of the players were born in 1990, so many of the players will be back next year, including this year's scoring leader Balazs Somogyi.

As for Great Britiain, I think they have enough 1991-born talent to avoid relegation next year.

Saw most of the game, no way that that is Div II level, because hockey would be far more popular world wide. Both teams belong to Div I, I think that HUN´s problem was the first goal scored too early, because afterwards they turned into sleeping beauties and HUN pretty much lost the game in the 1st and didn´t make it back into the game on time. Losing such a game in SO is the worst thing that can happen to a team and it´s fans.:cry: I hope better luck at the U18´s.

(U16) Hungary - Slovenia (1 - 5)
09:41 0-1 Zupanc Matic (Snoj Tadej)
25:54 1-1 Sebők Balázs (Reiter Attila)
28:51 1-2 Snoj Tadej
42:14 1-3 Bernik Anze (Jazbec Vid)
49:10 1-4 Kelc Tadej (Jazbec Vid)
54:20 1-5 Brgant Matic (Bernik Anze)

Surprisingly strong results from Slovenia, they also had the top scorers in the tournament: Anze Bernik (3gp 4g+5a=9p) and Tadej Snoj (3gp 4g+3a=7p). Would be interesting to see how well they could perform on a higher level, future stars of Slovenian hockey?

Or maybe Hungary just ran out of game for the last game? Hungary´s win over both France and Poland were much more impressive and I believe this two teams HUN and SLO are closer than the score indicates.;)

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Saw most of the game, no way that that is Div II level, because hockey would be far more popular world wide. Both teams belong to Div I, I think that HUN´s problem was the first goal scored too early, because afterwards they turned into sleeping beauties and HUN pretty much lost the game in the 1st and didn´t make it back into the game on time. Losing such a game in SO is the worst thing that can happen to a team and it´s fans.:cry: I hope better luck at the U18´s.

The game was already tied 1-1 when I started to watch it. As I wrote earlier, anything can happen in one game so I can’t say that I’m surprised by the result given that the teams aren’t too far apart developmentally.

I was very surprised to see both France and Poland relegate to Division II. I would have picked Japan or Ukraine for demotion, not France. I think it is pretty much guaranteed that France will be back up in Division 1 after next year. As for Poland, very surprised to see them lose to Croatia, who I would have thought would fall back to Division II.

As with Hungary, it would seem that Poland’s 1990-born class of players is relatively weak. Again like the Hungarian team, Poland’s U20 team had only 9 1990-born players. Half the team was born in 1991. The 1991 age group for Poland is much stronger. The best of the 1991 and later teams for Hungary and Poland met up against each other in Minsk last year in the U18 Division I W.C. where Poland spanked Hungary 9 to 0. Hungary will be able to seek a little redemption next year as both countries will battle it out for promotion to Division I.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.

Or maybe Hungary just ran out of game for the last game? Hungary´s win over both France and Poland were much more impressive and I believe this two teams HUN and SLO are closer than the score indicates.;)

I agree. I don't think there is a big difference between Hungary and Slovenia at this level...

...I think the Hungarians just ran out of gas.

I do think Bernik could potentially be a future star for the Slovenian national team if he continues to develop. In that tournament in Budapest I mentioned earlier, He finished tied for second in scoring with Budapest's Zalan Fliszar. By the way, that tournament's scoring leader was Matyas Biro playing for the Romanian team. I think this kid could be the best prospect we have seen from Romania in quite awhile.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
There was a small article about Balázs Sebők in a local news paper this morning: LINK

hires_9044288_1BA193BFA.jpg

Here's a translation:

Boy from Puszta in an academy of life

The story is peculiar. If someone had told last winter to the coach of Kärpät Jr.C-team Mika Suojanen that his team’s top centre forward is from Hungary, he would probably have laughed out loud. But contrary to all probabilities Kärpät found a pearl from hockey’s developing country.

Balázs Sebők, 15, has risen to become an important player to his team in a short time. Hungarian has scored 10+19=29 points in Jr.C SM-sarja, which entitles him to be 2nd best in his team, and 12th in the whole league. The numbers tell a lot, but not the whole truth. “The start in Finland was really difficult. I was away from home for the first time in my life, in a foreign country. I lost few kilos of weight, because I wasn’t eating enough. My home-sickness was that severe.†Sebők admits, speaking fluent English.

Fortunately there was one place where Sebők felt right at home onwards from the very first day. “Teammates helped me a lot. On the ice – in practices and games – I was smiling all the time.â€

Sebők wants a profession from hockey for himself. That’s why he packed his bags at home in Budapest and shook the dust of Puszta from his feet. Sebők searched for a place in a team from Finland and Sweden. Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation helped in this exploration. Sebők visited Oulu to showcase his skills already in the autumn of 2008. “At the time he was still physically behind the other players. In April 'Balu' came again, and it was clear that we wanted him to our team†Suojanen remembers.

Voracious goal scorer Sebők has made a good impression to his coach with his work ethic. "If you could get the same attitude instilled into every Finnish junior, it would be a great thing."

Kärpät’s foreign star is learning Finnish little by little. Teammate Atte Pyky says that Sebők already uses Finnish swear-words after lost games and wasted scoring chances.

Recently Sebők spent three weeks in his home country. The experience was life expanding. “In Hungary the hockey practices were so bad that already during the second week I wanted back to Oulu. I was afraid that my teammates would leave me behind in developmentâ€. Sebők points out.

Sebők lives in Kontinkangas, a few stone’s throw away from the Raksila Ice Hall. One of the neighbours is Kärpät’s junior star Joonas Donskoi. You can sense bride from the young man’s voice, when he’s describing his every day chores. Sebők attends an international school in Oulu. The other two schools are the academies of hockey and life in general. Sebők is already more independent than most of his peers. “Living alone has taught me a lot. I have grown mentally and developed as a person – and I’m not just talking about hockey.â€

Sebők no longer shuns the soup ladle either. A smile spreads to the face, when talk turns to the centre forward’s home cooking. The development in the culinary field hasbeen swift. “I believe that one day I will become a good husband†Sebők grins.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I´ve got a question regarding Karol Csányi. Judging by his name and the place he was born (Komárno/Komárom) it seems to be pretty clear that he belongs to the Hungarian minority in Slovakia. However both eliteprospects has the Hungarian flag at his profile and on eurohockey it says HUN behind his name, which confuses me a lot. He has represented Slovakia at various tournament at the U16-U18 levels, most notably the U17 WHC Challenge and Ivan Hlinka Memorial. So what I wanted to ask, did he acquire Hungarian citizenship in order to represent Hungary or something like that or does it just come from his ethnicity? I mean I know he´s an ethnic Hungarians, but from my experience the Slovak citizens with a different ethnicity in sports still have the Slovak flag by their name or something, for example Balász Borbély in football or Csaba Szucs in handball. Just asking out of curiosity.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Thanks for posting the article Tormentor. Great to hear that his development is going well.

- - - - - - - - - -

Regarding Karol Csanyi, I've never heard of him. I'm guessing it is just an error. E.g. Janos Hari used to have the Swedish flag in his profile.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation has publicized the U14 national team roster for the World Selects Tournament in Prague

Goaltenders
Kornakker Dániel
Daoda Olivér
Horváth Gusztáv

Defensemen
Kovács Attila
Pál Zalán
Koszegi Simon
Láday Tamás
Szaller Márk
Szuts Balázs
Lakatos Levente

Forwards
Galló Vilmos
Erdély Csanád
Keresztury Erik
Rokaly Norbert
Szabó Pál Krisztián
Vokla Roland
Sarciá Nicola
Varga Balázs
Szász Norbert
Felföldy Philipp

This is Vilmos Gallo's second trip to this tournament as he accompanied the 1995-ers last year. Hopefully, the results this year will be better. The tournament begins on April 21.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Preliminary Roster for the U18 Division I World Championship:

Goaltenders
Hajek Mark (UTE), 1992
Pleszkan Jozsef (Bp. Stars), 1993
Vay Adam (Bratislava), 1994

Defensemen
Nagy Richard (Bp. Stars), 1992
Erdelyi Tamas, (Dunaferr), 1992
Varga Arnold (Dunaferr), 1992
Geczi Gergely (Bp. Stars), 1992
Bereczki Gergo (Bp. Stars), 1992
Domotor Robert (UTE), 1992
Sommer Tamás (UTE)., 1992
Goz Balazs (Pittsburgh Jr. Pens), 1992
Kukucska Balazs (UTE), 1993

Forwards
Hari Janos (Farjestad), 1992
Hardi Richard (Notre Dame), 1993
Nemes Benjamin (Djurgarden), 1993
Fekti Adam (Salzburg), 1992
Hentes Kristof (Kloten), 1993
Nemeth Attila (Arlanda), 1992
Gallo Illes (Atlant), 1992
Sziranyi Daniel (Bp. Stars), 1992
Komaromi David (Dunaferr), 1992
Odry Tamas (Bp. Stars), 1993
Farkas Tamas (Sapa Fehervar), 1992
Fodor Zoltan (Bp. Stars), 1992
Papp Csaba (Dunaferr), 1992
Reiter Richard (Sapa Fehervar), 1992
Sebok Balazs (Karpat), 1994
Pichler Adam (UTE), 1992
Korpos Gergely (Miskolc), 1992
Nagy Krisztian (MAC), 1994
Kovacs Viktor (Sarnia Sting), 1992
Meretei Marko (Albany), 1992

Goaltender, Hortay Oliver, is having minor surgery and will not participate in the tournament. The final roster will be released soon after the second Slovakian exhibition match.

It should be a tough battle to win the last few forwards spots. 20 invitees will fight for probably 12 spots and I think barring injury, 7 of the 12 are most likely already locked up.

Edit: Revised Preliminary Roster

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
U16 Team Preliminary Roster for the Spring Challenge Cup to be held in Prague in April.

Goaltenders
Agoston Oliver (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Vay Adam (Hoba Bratislava, SVK)
Zaka Norbert (MAC).
Cziller Andras (UTE)

Defensemen
Reiter Attila (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Czobor Robert (Bp. Stars)
Dorok Bence (Bp. Stars)
Postas Ciprian (Bp. Stars)
Ratkai Adam (UTE)
Korbuly Gergely (MAC).
Kiss Andras (MAC).
Füri Martin (Sapa Fehérvár AV19)
Garbacz Ãdám (UTE)
Magosi, Erik (Dunaferr)

Forwards
Bata Daniel (UTE)
Mach Marton (UTE)
Dosa Krisztian (Bp. Stars)
Fliszar Zalan (Bp. Stars)
Gagyor Peter (Bp. Stars)
Hamvai Szilard (Dunaferr)
Kozma Daniel (MAC)
Nagy Krisztian (MAC)
Schmal Kristof (MAC)
Konczei Aron (Debrecen)
Rito Laszlo (Miskolc)
Toth Javor Ãdám (Miskolc)
Pillok Martin (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Vincze Peter (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Bajler Bence (Bp. Stars)
Turbucz Martin (UTE)
Hardi Marton (Notre Dame)
Kocsis Ferenc (Lahti)
Sebok, Balazs (Karpat)
Somos Gergely (Sapa Fehervar AV19)
Orosz Donat (UTE)

This team is very similar to the one that hosted the 4-Nations Tournament in December. This list includes 3 1994-born players (in bold) who have been invited to the U18 camp. Should they make the U18 team, they will not participate in this tournament.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
U18 WC Preparation Match

Game 1

Slovakia U17 – Hungary U18: 4-3 (Shootout)

The following players were cut before today’s game:

Pichler Adam (UTE), 1992

Mark Hajek started today’s game and was replaced midway through by Adam Vay. The Nemes-Hardi-Nemeth line sat this game out. The top line of Hari-Hentes-Gallo scored two goals, while the line of Odry-Sziranyi-Farkas had the other Hungarian goal. Slovakia outshot Hungary 34-27.

The top defensemen pairing of Bereczki-Nagy was on the ice for both of Hungary’s power play goals. Both players also led the team in shots on goal with 3 each. Csaba Papp was on the ice for two of Slovakia’s goals and finished the game -2. The only other player to finish -2 was defenseman Gergely Geczi.

Game 2 is tomorrow 15:30 local time.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
U18 WC Preparation Match

Game 1

Slovakia U17 – Hungary U18: 4-3 (Shootout)

The following players were cut before today’s game:

Pichler Adam (UTE), 1992

Mark Hajek started today’s game and was replaced midway through by Adam Vay. The Nemes-Hardi-Nemeth line sat this game out. The top line of Hari-Hentes-Gallo scored two goals, while the line of Odry-Sziranyi-Farkas had the other Hungarian goal. Slovakia outshot Hungary 34-27.

The top defensemen pairing of Bereczki-Nagy was on the ice for both of Hungary’s power play goals. Both players also led the team in shots on goal with 3 each. Csaba Papp was on the ice for two of Slovakia’s goals and finished the game -2. The only other player to finish -2 was defenseman Gergely Geczi.

Game 2 is tomorrow 15:30 local time.

Hey, Kiraly!
Would it be possible to get the line-ups of this game, possibly with the numbers of the jerseys of the players? Thanks a lot.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hungary has announced the final cuts for the U18 WC Division 1 in Poland:

Hajek Mark (UTE), 1992
Fodor Zoltan (Bp. Stars), 1992
Sziranyi Daniel (Bp. Stars), 1992
Sebok Balazs (Karpat), 1994

Final 22-Man Roster:

Goaltenders
Pleszkan Jozsef (Bp. Stars), 1993
Vay Adam (Bratislava), 1994

Defensemen
Nagy Richard (Bp. Stars), 1992
Erdelyi Tamas, (Dunaferr), 1992
Varga Arnold (Dunaferr), 1992
Geczi Gergely (Bp. Stars), 1992
Bereczki Gergo (Bp. Stars), 1992
Domotor Robert (UTE), 1992
Sommer Tamás (UTE), 1992
Goz Balazs (Pittsburgh Jr. Pens), 1992

Forwards
Hari Janos (Farjestad), 1992
Hardi Richard (Notre Dame), 1993
Nemes Benjamin (Djurgarden), 1993
Fekti Adam (Salzburg), 1992
Hentes Kristof (Kloten), 1993
Nemeth Attila (Arlanda), 1992
Gallo Illes (Atlant), 1992
Kovacs Viktor (Sarnia Sting), 1992
Meretei Marko (Albany), 1992
Odry Tamas (Bp. Stars), 1993
Farkas Tamas (Sapa Fehervar), 1992
Papp Csaba (Dunaferr), 1992

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
U18 WC Preparation Match

Game 2

Slovakia U17 – Hungary U18: 5-3

Jozsef Pleszkan started in net for the Hungarians and played the entire game. Shots were even at 30 apiece. Hari, Gallo, and Meretei led the Hungarians with 4 shots each. Special teams were the difference today. The Slovaks converted 3 of their seven power play opportunities, whereas the Hungarians only managed 1 goal with the man advantage.

Today’s result is a little discouraging. I think with the addition of the Nemes line, expectations were much higher.

The Hungarian team will be travelling to Poland on Friday and will play its first game on Sunday against Lithuania.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad