GDT: Humboldt Broncos Vs Nipawin Hawks: First Game Since Accident:

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The fact that it is the last good bye ceremony is making this extra sad. Life obviously needs to go on at some point, but I just cannot imagine ever getting over something like this if it happened here in Kitchener. It's crazy what this town has gone through and will still have to battle through going forward.

Reactions: snipes

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Damn, one of the banners was upside down.

It is all good

Edit #2 what happened?

It's an inside joke to the team.

But they should have let the people unrolling it know in advance

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Can I buy Humboldt Broncos apparel anywhere that actually supports the cause and not some f***ing vultures on the internet trying to benefit from this tragedy.

Reactions: JackFr

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Major props to TSN for this. Really well done, and really sends the message home that those poor kids won’t become some forgotten news piece. I’ll remember this broadcast for the rest of my life.

To those saying that this was exploitative; I’m pretty sure TSN accrued a net loss by doing this. There were basically no advertisements, and it’s not like they got any money from ticket sales or the like.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Major props to TSN for this. Really well done, and really sends the message home that those poor kids won’t become some forgotten news piece. I’ll remember this broadcast for the rest of my life.

To those saying that this was exploitative; I’m pretty sure TSN accrued a net loss by doing this. There were basically no advertisements, and it’s not like they got any money from ticket sales or the like.

There were zero commercials and zero ads from what I can remember. They definitely lost money on this but I don’t think anyone really cared about that.

Sportsnet sure as hell wasnt there so...

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
There were zero commercials and zero ads from what I can remember. They definitely lost money on this but I don’t think anyone really cared about that.

Sportsnet sure as hell wasnt there so...

Don Cherry and Ron McClain were, which was a nice gesture on Sportsnet's part.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
They are getting more advertising for the network then they can buy. This is how it works, that is how the networks are run. They are promoting there brand. The promotion cost of a network is huge. This is free advertising for the network, how on earth do you not understand or see this?

What you are doing here is far worse than anything TSN did. They showed a game without any advertising dollars coming in. You came to a thread on HFB, likely read by some Broncos or their families since they are all very into hockey, and casting your negativity out. Thanks a lot for that.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I too would like to know

I looked at their site and even searched it, but could not find anything

I got a Broncos shirt through them months ago as they had created a partnership with the league, but perhaps they are no longer selling them?

Edit - Your correct, I don't see anything regarding Humboldt on their site anymore. Not sure what to say, I figured they would continue selling them at least through this season.

Last edited:

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
That was definitely the heaviest moment of silence I've ever seen, especially when the team photo was displayed.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Can I buy Humboldt Broncos apparel anywhere that actually supports the cause and not some ****ing vultures on the internet trying to benefit from this tragedy.
For the messages looking for Broncos merchandise that is directly partnered with the team. The Saskatchewan Roughriders (the provinces professional football team) partnered with the team to set up an online store, the funds go directly to the Humboldt Strong Community Foundation, a worthy cause. Humboldt Strong Community Foundation | The Rider Store

Reactions: PG Canuck

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
What a special night to be at; I honestly couldn’t tell you much about the game, as it didn’t really seem to matter. I recorded the game and look forward to actually sitting down and watching the play without being totally absorbed in the moment. My 7 year old son has been to a few Oilers/Roughriders/Rush games, and you could tell that tonight’s return of the Broncos meant far more than any other event I’ve ever taken him to. I sincerely hope somewhere the game is archived and available for download, so I have a digital copy to keep long term.

This team hasn’t seen a crowd like that since we hosted the Royal Bank Cup, and the media storm was tenfold for this.

Maybe it was the fact that everything felt so numb after April 6th, the media was everywhere then also; but they felt far more noticeable to me the past few days. But kudos to TSN for respecting the privacy of the community and families; while still providing a big league level production.

What I can say; I know the community, a lot of the families affected by the tragedy and of the new team, really hope that this game will provide somewhat of a bookend to this horrible tragedy. While the accident will constantly be a part of this team and community, it’s time to let these families heal and for hockey to just become hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad