GDT: Humboldt Broncos Vs Nipawin Hawks: First Game Since Accident:

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They were talking earlier about the kid who donated his organs and saved a bunch of lives, full tears were flowing from me like the day when we first heard about this.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It was a disastrous event that's been known of for quite some time. I thought I would be numb to the emotional impact, but I'm not. Especially after hearing about the challenges of the all those with physical/mental injuries.

Reactions: 99664987

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Unreal job by TSN. Very respectful and powerful coverage. All of that was really tough to watch.. I can't begin to imagine what it is like for the players and families there. Here's to hoping tonight serves as a big step towards healing for them.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Unreal job by TSN. Very respectful and powerful coverage. All of that was really tough to watch.. I can't begin to imagine what it is like for the players and families there. Here's to hoping tonight serves as a big step towards healing for them.

Yes, and it sounds like they did a lot of research on the players too. No commercial breaks either.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Whole thing feels exploitative and hollow to me. Let the town and these kids mourn and heal in peace. The sticks outside everyone's doors felt genuine - this does not

Without question. Not shocking imo.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I don't see the issue in broadcasting the first home game since the event. It's not like they will be broadcasting the whole season. This is an emotional night for everyone that is playing in this game and I see no problem with them broadcasting this to the nation who came together for this team.

Reactions: cg98

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Whole thing feels exploitative and hollow to me. Let the town and these kids mourn and heal in peace. The sticks outside everyone's doors felt genuine - this does not
It's a network giving a bunch of grieving young adults an opportunity to play a game they love in front of a National audience. I'm not sure how you see this as exploitative. It's a nice gesture.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's a network giving a bunch of grieving young adults an opportunity to play a game they love in front of a National audience. I'm not sure how you see this as exploitative. It's a nice gesture.

Its a network using tragedy to increase views. Its as sick as it gets. It is not nice at all

Reactions: elwin316

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Its a national network descending on a small town with its entire broadcast team for a night and making sure to get interviews and close ups of kids with tears in their eyes, then leaving the next day, likely to never return. It just doesn't feel like the right thing to me, and that doesn't mean I'm downplaying the tragedy itself at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad