GDT: Humboldt Broncos Vs Nipawin Hawks: First Game Since Accident:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't see how it's exploitative when TSN went out ahead of time and said they wouldn't be airing any ads/commercials.

They're not making a dime off of this.

Reactions: robertmac43

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
how on earth does icing work in SJHL? do you not have to win a race for the puck as the defensive team?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's also nice that TSN is covering it because the ceremonies will be nicely produced and easily found online when people need a moment to remember and "re-read" the last chapter of the book.

I still go back and read some of the Lokomotiv stories and watch the KHL tribute vids just in my own way to show they haven't been forgotten about.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
When you invite the league Champions to your home opener, you know you're going to have your hands full. They performed well.

Chris P Hundo

Jun 14, 2017
I thought the awards ceremony in Vegas was a little much, but I dont see how you can have a problem with this. Its the first game since the crash man.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I wonder how they chose the broadcast crew. I specifically remember Gord Miller saying shortly after the accident that he would love to call a Broncos' game. That was way before people knew there would be a team this season. I wonder if he and Cuthbert flipped a coin as it would be something that any play-by-play guy would want to do. Ray is part of their A-team so makes sense that he was doing it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Its impressive how this in arena announcer sounds so put together during all his talking.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I wonder how they chose the broadcast crew. I specifically remember Gord Miller saying shortly after the accident that he would love to call a Broncos' game. That was way before people knew there would be a team this season. I wonder if he and Cuthbert flipped a coin as it would be something that any play-by-play guy would want to do. Ray is part of their A-team so makes sense that he was doing it.
Cuthbert was the play-by-play voice for the Yorkton Terriers of the SJHL in 1979-80.

Reactions: Inkling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia