Humble Pie Requirements for Brady Tkachuk's NHL Performance

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
If all those guys were Russian his tune would be much different.

Also, paragraphs are your friend.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Sens drafting record is C- in the last 15 years. I do not reap scouting stuff, they have no integrity to reap them for. The bottom line if you respect yourself, you do not work in the organization, where the budget drafting is in place. Just look at the best 100 preseason prospects 2021-22 right now. https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Jack Sanderson is at 17. And that's why he was a victim of a budget drafting at number 5. It is just not even fair to a player. Last draft Tyler Boucher was dismayed, embarrassed and flabbergasted to be picked that high. It was just not fair to him also, being a second - third round player. Before Sanderson, scouts see better prospects right now: Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Jamie Drysdale, Anton Lundel, Alexander Holtz.

Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Jamie Drysdale are sure thing 9-10 million dollars players in this league. Anton Lundel, Alexander Holtz - 8-9 million. Sanderson is almost a copy of Redden. Steady two way defenseman without a flash and a goal scoring ability and without Webber physicality. His earning potential is 6-7 million a season. And that's why for the budget he was drafted at number 5. And not because he will be potentially better then those guys. It is not scouting - it is calculating future budget thing and nothing else. For me it is disgusting!!! Melnyk did so much damage to this franchise with the budget drafting. He took almost 200 million against this team right now. Franchise with almost no talent on its roster is a depreciating value with the old building. It could be sold only at 450 million price or even less. If Melnyk will go bankrupt and he is very close to this, franchise will go for peanuts that's what Rod Bryden end up with. It is time to sell, when there are still some money. Stop destroying Sens future. Everyone should unite. Reaping scouts LOL, listen to yourself. There is a much bigger issue here.

Tkachuk is #1 in goals and #2 in points from his draft year.

How you can continue to shed negativity on the selection astounds me, but again I do wonder why you're even a Sens fan which you've yet to explain to me.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The Sens drafting record is C- in the last 15 years. I do not reap scouting stuff, they have no integrity to reap them for. The bottom line if you respect yourself, you do not work in the organization, where the budget drafting is in place. Just look at the best 100 preseason prospects 2021-22 right now. https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Jack Sanderson is at 17. And that's why he was a victim of a budget drafting at number 5. It is just not even fair to a player. Last draft Tyler Boucher was dismayed, embarrassed and flabbergasted to be picked that high. It was just not fair to him also, being a second - third round player. Before Sanderson, scouts see better prospects right now: Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Jamie Drysdale, Anton Lundel, Alexander Holtz.

Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Jamie Drysdale are sure thing 9-10 million dollars players in this league. Anton Lundel, Alexander Holtz - 8-9 million. Sanderson is almost a copy of Redden. Steady two way defenseman without a flash and a goal scoring ability and without Webber physicality. His earning potential is 6-7 million a season. And that's why for the budget he was drafted at number 5. And not because he will be potentially better then those guys. It is not scouting - it is calculating future budget thing and nothing else. For me it is disgusting!!! Melnyk did so much damage to this franchise with the budget drafting. He took almost 200 million against this team right now. Franchise with almost no talent on its roster is a depreciating value with the old building. It could be sold only at 450 million price or even less. If Melnyk will go bankrupt and he is very close to this, franchise will go for peanuts that's what Rod Bryden end up with. It is time to sell, when there are still some money. Stop destroying Sens future. Everyone should unite. Reaping scouts LOL, listen to yourself. There is a much bigger issue here.

Sanderson and Redden are not very much alike. Jake is an elite skater. Redden was not. Redden had high end offensive IQ; Jake doesn't yet. Redden was all angles and stick work on defense. Jake is far less passive and much more physical. Jake has much better defensive awareness at this early an age. The list goes on and on. But if Sanderson ends up having the same amount of impact as peak Redden we've done pretty well.

And I would have preferred Drysdale to Sanderson but there is no guarantee that Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Lundell and Holtz will be better than Sanderson. Or more valuable.

If the Sens scouting staff can tell how much draft eligible players are going to make at their peak they are hands down the best scouting staff in the history of the league. The entire idea is beyond asinine.

As for Brady? He's only 21 years old, as are the others drafted in his year. Brady could stagnate while Zadina is a later bloomer, or vice versa. Brady could become the best player in his draft or stagnate and not be in the top 10 when all is said and done. Any final assessment of the 2018 draft is WAAAYYYY premature.

Sure is nice having BT on the team though so I'll just be happy with that.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

Wtf did I just read?

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014

I did not know anyone could have so many unbelievably hot takes in a single post

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
LOL why is the OP so bothered by what others say or think about Brady Tkachuk? :huh:

Perhaps the point is some should temper their insults towards others when they scream “how stupid they they are to think Brady’s a good pick” or whatever.

Time adds a little perspective to things like the Brady pick, EK trade, MD trade, White singing etc.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Just like Zadina the future 50 goal scorer. You wouldn't know a hockey player is Wayne Gretzky hit you with a tape to tape pass.

Reactions: aragorn

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
lmao, it’s not preseason rankings for 21/22 it’s for 20/21.
8 months old, published before NHL season started in January. Maybe read your list before posting.

#87. - Jason Robertson - Calder finalist
#75 - Josh Norris - 4th in Calder
#64 - Formenton
#31 - Batherson
#28 - Nik Robertson- hasn’t made it yet but his brother #87 Calder finalist
#2 - Stutzle

Crickets
Edit: Wait, that’s a good thing

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
The Sens drafting record is C- in the last 15 years.

Who has drafted better over the past 15 years, besides Edmonton and their half dozen 1st overall picks?

Stutzle – Zibanejad – Stone
Hoffman - Tkachuk – Silfverberg
Z.Smith – Pageau – Batherson
Dzingel - D.Grant – C.White
Noeson – Sorensen - Lazar

Chabot – Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur – Wideman
Wiercioch – Cowen
Claessen

Lehner - Driedger
Hogberg

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm about 99% convinced he is the alter ego of one of the superfan cheerleaders on here. His posts are getting way too blatantly overboard to be the true.

Sens “cheerleaders” on the Sens HF board seems to really upset you.

Sens “superfans” on the Sens HF board seem to really upset you.

That seems weird to me.

Isn’t it expected that some fans will be homers/cheerleaders? Especially on a Sens dedicated discussion board? I love ‘cheerleading’ the team I love, am
I supposed to feel bad about that now? I’m not cynical and critical enough to be a proper fan? Sheeeeeeeet, I missed that upgrade.

Everyone in here (well almost) is a Sens “superfan” it’s bare minimum to even lurk regularly in here.

Cheer up bub!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Sens “cheerleaders” on the Sens HF board seems to really upset you.

Sens “superfans” on the Sens HF board seem to really upset you.

That seems weird to me.

Isn’t it expected that some fans will be homers/cheerleaders? Especially on a Sens dedicated discussion board? I love ‘cheerleading’ the team I love, am
I supposed to feel bad about that now? I’m not cynical and critical enough to be a proper fan? Sheeeeeeeet, I missed that upgrade.

Everyone in here (well almost) is a Sens “superfan” it’s bare minimum to even lurk regularly in here.

Cheer up bub!

"Super Cheerleader" fan here.

h0d5970-1.jpg

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Who has drafted better over the past 15 years, besides Edmonton and their half dozen 1st overall picks?

Stutzle – Zibanejad – Stone
Hoffman - Tkachuk – Silfverberg
Z.Smith – Pageau – Batherson
Dzingel - D.Grant – C.White
Noeson – Sorensen - Lazar

Chabot – Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur – Wideman
Wiercioch – Cowen
Claessen

Lehner - Driedger
Hogberg