Rumor: "Hughes has told management Tanev is a guy you guys should target."

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
That would allow them to split Hughes and Hronek, which is what the Nucks wanted to do earlier in the season, no ?
For sure. They are trying it now actually. Hughes and Myers, Zadorov and Hronek.

Would Vancouver be interested in a Lindholm+Tanev package? Does Vancouver have the pieces for this package?

Possibly and I believe so. I'm just not sure they would be ready to pony up the price and what it would mean in terms of other roster changes to facilitate that move.

That's quite an issue for the Canucks or it's just me. It's tough seeing anyone taken out of this lineup out of the suspects to have to go.

Kuzmenko feels like a mistake waiting to happen to move on from this early. Myers has been very good this season and he's value on this roster. Having that big ole giraffe back there and playing well is what any team would want. Garland is the play driver on arguably the best 3rd line in the league.

Guy I'd personally be willing to move without thinking twice right now is Mikheyev.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
For sure. They are trying it now actually. Hughes and Myers, Zadorov and Hronek.

Possibly and I believe so. I'm just not sure they would be ready to pony up the price and what it would mean in terms of other roster changes to facilitate that move.

That's quite an issue for the Canucks or it's just me. It's tough seeing anyone taken out of this lineup out of the suspects to have to go.

Kuzmenko feels like a mistake waiting to happen to move on from this early. Myers has been very good this season and he's value on this roster. Having that big ole giraffe back there and playing well is what any team would want. Garland is the play driver on arguably the best 3rd line in the league.

Guy I'd personally be willing to move without thinking twice right now is Mikheyev.
You would regret that as well I think.

He's still recovering from a knee injury that notoriously takes at least a season to fully get back from.

He's still been useful but noticeably not at his best.

Later this year (or next year) you're going to see him at his best and be glad we didn't trade him.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
That would allow them to split Hughes and Hronek, which is what the Nucks wanted to do earlier in the season, no ?
I'd imagine they will remain split up while Soucy is out, or until a deal is made. They were split up last game vs Chicago a few days ago. It wasn't great, but we shut them out.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
What happened to VPod? He still have PF potential?

Maybe, he suffered a pretty brutal takedown earlier this season in the AHL but he's looked alright.

More likely he'll be a middle 6 guy but he's big and tough and probably has enough grit to make out an NHL career.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Goodbye, leverage

Not necessarily. Only if Canucks decide they want him at the TDL for a run and will pay a premium to outbid others.

Vancouver probably has an advantage if Tanev hits UFA. It's very possible Tanev doesn't extend with the team that acquires him as a rental and goes back. It just makes too much sense for Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad