Post-Game Talk: Huge April win Vs New Jersey, just 3 years too late.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Bruins eliminated.

bYeagX9.gif

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you for beating the bruins last game!!!!!! I honestly hope you guys get McDavid although the chances aren't great

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My only solace is to see Barkov dominate in the WHC's.

172 days till October 1st.

Honestly it's weird, normally I'm so burnt out watching bad hockey I like the break, it's weird being excited for a change :laugh:

I only hope that it's not a massive fluke. There's no way...please...

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Jagr gets another game winning goal too

He is #1 in that category, padding the stats

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I missed the game tonight. Work, work, work. I'm very happy to see they closed out the season with a win. Huge offseason upcoming! It's nice to feel good about this team again.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
This end of the season has shown that with consistent linemates with actual talent.. it is not out of the question that Jagr can produce at around a PPG even at his advanced age. He almost had 70 points with an offensively challenged Zajac and Zubrus and he was at a ppg before injury with claude giroux and hartnell.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
This end of the season has shown that with consistent linemates with actual talent.. it is not out of the question that Jagr can produce at around a PPG even at his advanced age. He almost had 70 points with an offensively challenged Zajac and Zubrus and he was at a ppg before injury with claude giroux and hartnell.

Now that we got out primary scoring figured out we need to find a way to get consistent secondary scoring.

A line of bolland boyes and jokinen we saw tonight will not be the answer.

Ideally a linemate to go with pirri and bjugstad. God I am excited for this summer.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Now that we got out primary scoring figured out we need to find a way to get consistent secondary scoring.

A line of bolland boyes and jokinen we saw tonight will not be the answer.

Ideally a linemate to go with pirri and bjugstad. God I am excited for this summer.

No, but it's a solid 3rd line. I'm not against moving Hayes to the 4th if they don't sign anyone for 4th line scoring. just upgrade the bjuger line

Howden/trocheck-Dmac-Hayes/Thornton

And maybe some Upshall love mmhmm

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Could anyone tell that Jagr was "living in the moment " tonight. He was standing before start of the 3rd touched Huby on the head and said something to him followed by Barkov. He just gets it. Maybe he did not in his younger years but he gets it now. He seems so real in really a fake world in general.

Nothing is guaranteed in hockey or life. I enjoyed the 3rd period for what it was ... Maybe the last period some of these guys will ever play in this uniform again.

Unbelievable season in general, trying to look at glass half full part.

Jan 19, 2006
Could anyone tell that Jagr was "living in the moment " tonight. He was standing before start of the 3rd touched Huby on the head and said something to him followed by Barkov. He just gets it. Maybe he did not in his younger years but he gets it now. He seems so real in really a fake world in general.

Nothing is guaranteed in hockey or life. I enjoyed the 3rd period for what it was ... Maybe the last period some of these guys will ever play in this uniform again.

Unbelievable season in general, trying to look at glass half full part.

Nice post.

Jagr seems like a kid in a candy shop every time you see him out there.

How can you not get inspired by that?

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Some people will say the only way a season can be deemed successful is if the team makes the playoffs. I disagree with this one. We made a huge step forward and so did our young guys. I think bringing Jagr in was such a positive for this team. The guy is pure class. I think he played a huge roll for our late season push as well as the strong play by his young line mates. With a healthy Pirri and Bjugstad as well as an improved 4th line I think this team will have no reason to not be in the mix for a solid playoff spot. Our defense will be relatively the same as it is now and I don't think Luongo will regress much, if at all. If Tallon does get a scoring winger (hopefully not for a big price), that would help even further.

Next year is the 20th anniversary of the "Year of the Rat". It's time to get back in the playoffs next year.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I was at the game, and it was my favorite of the year. I loved seeing the players come out at the end and play with the crowd, tossing shirts. They seemed to genuinely enjoy it. It was bittersweet seeing Upshall and Kopecky play in what was most likely their last game as a Panther. They were huge for us in previous years, but this season their play was dramatically worse. I'm extremely optimistic about next year and I can't wait for the playoffs and off season to get here already!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I thank Kopy and Uppy for 11-12. But its time for them to go. Uppy might get a bigger role on a different team. Kopy needs to hang em up and focus on a new chapter.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Despite not making the playoffs, this was a really fun season to watch. A 25-point improvement is incredible for this team's progression and I really do think we're very close to becoming a competitive team in the East. Obviously, we'll see what Tallon can do during the off-season to help that cause faster.

Even by looking at the players smiling faces after the game tonight, you can see the atmosphere is completely different from in years past. They all want to be here and continue to help the team succeed. I'm so excited for next season and the future. Getting off to a great start early on I think will be key. October can't come soon enough!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
No, but it's a solid 3rd line. I'm not against moving Hayes to the 4th if they don't sign anyone for 4th line scoring. just upgrade the bjuger line

Howden/trocheck-Dmac-Hayes/Thornton

And maybe some Upshall love mmhmm
If Hayes has issues with consistency like this season, it won't take long for Howden to take his place.

Hayes floating and lack of defensive zone effort is Versteeg esque at times.

Really want Upshall back. hopefully he takes a lesser role.
I think the shift at the end meant the end of his time here.

Also he's already playing on the 4th line, how can he take on a lesser role? He's too good (for a 4th liner) to be sitting in the pressbox on a regular basis, he knows it, Tallon knows it. Time for this team to get younger and move on.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If Hayes has issues with consistency like this season, it won't take long for Howden to take his place.

Hayes floating and lack of defensive zone effort is Versteeg esque at times.

I think the shift at the end meant the end of his time here.

Also he's already playing on the 4th line, how can he take on a lesser role? He's too good (for a 4th liner) to be sitting in the pressbox on a regular basis, he knows it, Tallon knows it. Time for this team to get younger and move on.

him taking a lesser role in terms of him wanting a top 9 role. he told Harvey he felt his production dropped because he was on the 4th.

if he is ok with being a 4th I certainly don't mind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad