Hudon with low bridge hit on Zetterberg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
30 goals is the tiebreaker is it not? Unless something has changed.

Considering he was talking about points and Zetterberg has a game less, no. But whatever floats your boat.

We both suck anyways so we're basically fighting over who's the better vacuum. :laugh: I'll gladly concede that you're the better team if it gets us Dahlin.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Considering he was talking about points and Zetterberg has a game less, no. But whatever floats your boat.

We both suck anyways so we're basically fighting over who's the better vacuum. :laugh: I'll gladly concede that you're the better team if it gets us Dahlin.
No you are the better team and Dahlin is coming to Montreal. Wait with our GM he would likely skip Dhalin if he had the first overall....

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No you are the better team and Dahlin is coming to Montreal. Wait with our GM he would likely skip Dhalin if he had the first overall....

If Holland could get Kyle Quincey back he'd probably trade the pick.

What are we saying, Edmonton or Chicago probably wins the lottery...

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
sorry for starting this thread?? I just think Hudon has now gone low bridge twice this year and hasn't even been talked about. He also had a bit of a goof move by firing a slap shot at the end of the game against the Avs that hit Nemeth. Just saying he has dished out some questionable plays but seems to duck instead of standing up for his cheapshots. At what point does he at least get a fine? then again we have the Dopes at Dops so who knows.

Funny when Bruins fans are sensible to agitation when they have a Bad Marchand sweater on.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
barely even touched zetterberg, what a mountain out of a mole hill.. zetterberg tried to jump the hit and fell on his face, big f***in deal. bertuzzi's is the dirtiest play in this clip, punching a guy who clearly isn't going to fight

maybe it should make dekeyser think twice about throwing those extra crosschecks against hudon then running away, if he's getting his teammates lined up for it

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
It's so cringe to see Montreal fans try to act high and mighty when they're tanking too, only with less young talent, and haven't been even close to relevant for 50%+ of people on this forum's entire life.

Both Wings and Habs suck. Wings recent past, and future, looks a lot better though. Have fun with Weber and price in 2023.

barely even touched zetterberg, what a mountain out of a mole hill.. zetterberg tried to jump the hit and fell on his face, big ****in deal. bertuzzi's is the dirtiest play in this clip, punching a guy who clearly isn't going to fight

maybe it should make dekeyser think twice about throwing those extra crosschecks against hudon then running away, if he's getting his teammates lined up for it

Had me until the last part...

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
It's so cringe to see Montreal fans try to act high and mighty when they're tanking too, only with less young talent, and haven't been even close to relevant for 50%+ of people on this forum's entire life.

Both Wings and Habs suck. Wings recent past, and future, looks a lot better though. Have fun with Weber and price in 2023.

Had me until the last part...

Says the guy acting high and mighty

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Being slghtly ahead of the bottom =|= high. I know the Wings suck, and barring some lottery wins, we will continue to suck next few years. Habs fans on this forum can’t seem to accept the same reality for their team
...what? Have you ever been to the Montreal board?

Reactions: TheMule93

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Being slghtly ahead of the bottom =|= high. I know the Wings suck, and barring some lottery wins, we will continue to suck next few years. Habs fans on this forum can’t seem to accept the same reality for their team

Nonsense... We all know we suck. The only one that doesn't is our GM.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I saw it live and saw the replays. You're kidding yourself if you think that had Marchand made that play, 30 fanbases wouldn't have been here with torches and pitchforks.

Because Marchand's got history. At this point everything he does will be scrutinized and it's safe to say that his intents are never good. Let's not compare (rotten) apples with oranges.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Because Marchand's got history. At this point everything he does will be scrutinized and it's safe to say that his intents are never good. Let's not compare (rotten) apples with oranges.
My point is we're told "move along, nothing to see here," but the same exact play is reason to string another player (Marchand) up. The double standard here on HF is as bad as the one in the DoPS.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Didn't look that bad to me. If he had actually connected on the hit, it might have been a different story. But he didn't get Z that bad.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So a good hip check is now suspension worthy?. My god this league and its fan base has gone to the dump.

If this is the same as his hit on mcavoy. Then there should be no history making fine/suspension. Its a perfectly legal hit.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
My point is we're told "move along, nothing to see here," but the same exact play is reason to string another player (Marchand) up. The double standard here on HF is as bad as the one in the DoPS.

It's not double standard. Marchand is a rat, everybody knows his intents to injure. Hudon has never been that kind of player. At worst, the hit deserved a penalty and that's the end of it.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

I agree that marchand has a history that cannot be defended..

My point is, when do histories start? This is clearly Hudon's second clear lowbridge of the year and I would think that he should at least be fined to start the history? If we all want this type of behaviour to stop well I think Dopes at Dops need to do something. Again, as a stand alone this is probably not much more then a penalty but how many low bridge hits does he get before a warning or fine?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It's because of his reputation and his history... He has lost the benefit of the doubt that his bad hits are intentional. Don't act as though it's entirely ridiculous to scrutinize one player more than another. Every player who has a disciplinary history will be more heavily scrutinized. That's how reputations work... It's not a double standard at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad