Confirmed with Link: Hudler to Panthers for 2016 2nd and 2018 4th

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Erg, you replied too quickly for my edit.

Not just because 16 isn't as "deep" after the first 15 picks or so, but because I don't think florida will be as good next year thus will be end up lower in the standing. IMO this is a big difference.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Now who fills in for Hudle on the wing? Our RW depth is so bad :laugh:

Better sign someone during free agency. I think we're going to be terrible next season, too.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It's probably a fair deal

Hopefully the Flames can turn the picks into some players

Otherwise, they are going to be wasted on Hunter Smith or something like that....

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Not a bad return, I like the trade for both teams. Florida didn't overpay and Flames didn't give Hudler away.

I wanted a 1st for Hud's, but I wasn't expecting it. I think Russel will fetch more than what we got for Hudler.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Expected a hair more in return but I guess that's fair. Tallon's no dummy. If Russell nets another couple of picks I too would like to see them used on draft day to acquire a more established youngster like Rychel. Just keep our own 1st rounder.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Shinkaruk isn't even close to being ready. He shouldn't even be in the consideration for a call up this season.

Agostino, Arnold, and Poirier should be at the top of the line, especially since the first two lose their waiver exemption next season.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Shinkaruk isn't even close to being ready. He shouldn't even be in the consideration for a call up this season.

Agostino, Arnold, and Poirier should be at the top of the line, especially since the first two lose their waiver exemption next season.

Agostino is the guy I think should get the call, he has been very good this year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Agreed on Agostino. He's a shoot first player and could be a good fit alongside Bennett maybe.

Happy to hear the phone-lines have opened up.
At least we know that BT got the best deal he could back for Huds. Long gone are the Sutter and Feaster days, where you wonder if anyone even knew the player was on the block before they were moved :laugh:

There are still some good pieces on this team. They even opened up some cap for this season; could potential do building-block moves versus just picks/rental market stuff.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
lol the 2nd isn't even in 2017. What an awful deal.

Knowing what BT does with excess picks, this seems like a QQ post more than anything. I think we all thought he'd get maybe a little more; but I'm confident with BT at the helm. That 2nd will go to either picking a great young prospect, or packaged for another great pickup like Dougie.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Knowing what BT does with excess picks, this seems like a QQ post more than anything. I think we all thought he'd get maybe a little more; but I'm confident with BT at the helm. That 2nd will go to either picking a great young prospect, or packaged for another great pickup like Dougie.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see BT flip that pick in the offseason to bring in a Jiri replacement.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Hard to get a "great pickup" that way when the 1st we get this year will (hopefully) not be shopped around, given how it's likely it'll be a top 5 pick.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good to know they are working the phones but when Conroy said 'after moving Hudler a lot more teams started to call us' I kinda shook my head. :laugh:

That generally isn't a good sign.
They saw it was a terrible deal for the Flames (mod). Getting a 2nd and 4th for a top line payer is just awful. It's more or less the same return the package of Weise/Fash got.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad