Huck's Top 31: 2021 NHL Entry Draft

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Let's start discussing the rankings for 2021. IMO Stankoven has all the tools to be the 1st overall pick ; Logan is a very fast skater, strong edges, quick hands, heavy wrist shot, and an extremely hard worker. Stankoven is comparable to Nathan MacKinnon with his amazing puck skills at high speed.

Let's dissect this you animals.:popcorn:

1. Logan Stankoven, C (WHL)
2. Aatu Raty, LW (Finland)
3. Matthew Beniers, C (NTDP)
4. Luke Hughes, D (NTDP)
5. Zach L'Heureux, F (QMJHL)
6. Carson Lambos, D (WHL)
7. Nolan Allan, D (WHL)
8. Joshua Roy, F (QMJHL)
9. Brandt Clarke, D (OHL)
10. Dylan Guenther, F (WHL)
11. Aidan Hreschuck, D (NTDP)
12. Peter Reynolds, F (BCHL)
13. Jesper Wallstedt, G (Sweden)
14. Kent Johnson, F (BCHL)
15. Simon Robertsson, RW (Sweden)
16. Artem Grushnikov, D (Russia)
17. Chaz Lucius, F (NTDP)
18. Samu Tuomaala, F (Finland)
19. Jeremy Wilmer, C (NTDP)
20. Brennan Othmann, LW (OHL)
21. Justin Robidas, F (QMJHL)
22. Marcus Almquist, F (SuperElit)
23. Cole Sillinger, F (WHL)
24. Nikita Chibrikov, F (Russia)
25. Mason McTavish, C (OHL)
26. Trevor Wong, C (WHL)
27. Sasha Pastujov, F (NTDP)
28. Connor Lockhart, C (OHL)
29. James Malatesta, F (QMJHL)
30. Zachary Bolduc, F (USHL)
31. Valtteri Karnaranta, F (Finland)

HM: Aito Iguchi, F (Japan)

;)

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Most of these players haven't even played meaningful levels of hockey yet, but if Beniers is the top American and a Top 3 draft pick when the 2021 draft rolls around, it's either a really bad draft or Beniers has improved leaps and bounds by that point.
You predict his future already?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Raty has been far more impressive to me than the Stank. I'd disagree on your top 3 but I haven't gotten around to analyzing the 2020 propsects yet much less these.

I’m not sure about this list, but as you told me in a recent post towards me, you watch more hockey than I do, so I guess that clears that up.

Glad to see I'm not the only one he's pulled that crap with.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's start discussing the rankings for 2021. IMO Stankoven has all the tools to be the 1st overall pick ; Logan is a very fast skater, strong edges, quick hands, heavy wrist shot, and an extremely hard worker. Stankoven is comparable to Nathan MacKinnon with his amazing puck skills at high speed.

4. Luke Hughes, D (NTDP)
7. Nolan Allan, D (WHL)
8. Joshua Roy, F (QMJHL)
26. Trevor Wong, C (WHL)

;)

I don't know most of these players, but for the QMJHL, what makes you rank Zach L'Heureux before Joshua Roy, considering their respective performance at the same level (midget AAA)?

Reactions: Dominance

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Raty has been far more impressive to me than the Stank. I'd disagree on your top 3 but I haven't gotten around to analyzing the 2020 propsects yet much less these.

Glad to see I'm not the only one he's pulled that crap with.
Can you elaborate on being more impressive? In terms of what exactly? You added nothing into the conversation...

I say Stank is the best all around skater in this draft class and has a wicked release. Stank also broke Tyson Jost's goal record in BCMML as a 1st year midget, Jost was a 2nd year midget player when he first made the record.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Can you elaborate on being more impressive? In terms of what exactly? You added nothing into the conversation...

I say Stank is the best all around skater in this draft class and has a wicked release. Stank also broke Tyson Jost's goal record in BCMML as a 1st year midget, Jost was a 2nd year midget player when he first made the record.

I'll take the poise of Raty over the release of Stank. What I've seen of Raty has been at the U20 tournament last year and he looked like an 18 year old out there. I saw a kid whos already got a draft ready head on his shoulders, he was one of the best on the ice at reading the play and knew exactly where he should be at all times and had the ability to get there. His speed was excellent to.

It's such a small sample size to go on but comparing Raty's U20 tournament to Stank's 5-10 games with Kamloops last year, I find Raty to be more impressive and who I'd vote as top prospect currently.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
I'll take the poise of Raty over the release of Stank. What I've seen of Raty has been at the U20 tournament last year and he looked like an 18 year old out there. I saw a kid whos already got a draft ready head on his shoulders, he was one of the best on the ice at reading the play and knew exactly where he should be at all times and had the ability to get there. His speed was excellent to.

It's such a small sample size to go on but comparing Raty's U20 tournament to Stank's 5-10 games with Kamloops last year, I find Raty to be more impressive and who I'd vote as top prospect currently.

What U2o tournament was Raty in?

Reactions: Huck Cheever

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018

Which U20 tournament was Raty in? You better let Elite Prospects know because they have NO record of it, absolutely ZERO record of it.

Also curious, have you seen Stank play like at all?

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
What U2o tournament was Raty in?

Which U20 tournament was Raty in? You better let Elite Prospects know because they have NO record of it, absolutely ZERO record of it.

Also curious, have you seen Stank play like at all?

The exhibition tournament held each fall between Finnish junior teams, be darned if I know the name of it. I only watched the footage, didn't make it there myself. I'm told you can find the game online.

And no, my only watching of Stank has been his games with Kamloops. Maybe 3 times watching him, I believe once in person (I was at a Kamloops game near the end of the season, don't remember if he was playing or not)

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
The exhibition tournament held each fall between Finnish junior teams, be darned if I know the name of it. I only watched the footage, didn't make it there myself. I'm told you can find the game online.

And no, my only watching of Stank has been his games with Kamloops. Maybe 3 times watching him, I believe once in person (I was at a Kamloops game near the end of the season, don't remember if he was playing or not)
That's an amazing story you just told right there. I'll have to look into watching those games online to which you are referring to.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

He has a brother Aku. You probably mixed the two.

Aatu hasn't played for the U20 NT yet.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He has a brother Aku. You probably mixed the two.

Aatu hasn't played for the U20 NT yet.
The poster wasn't talking about the NT, though?

Neither player's played for the u20 NT and both played in the Finnish u-20 league.

Anyway, Aatu Räty had 12 points in 10 games in the Finnish ASM playoffs which is pretty impressive. Will need to see what Stankoven can do but at this point, it's tough to see him as having superior accomplishments. And is he actually a 5'8"?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The poster wasn't talking about the NT, though?

Neither player's played for the u20 NT and both played in the Finnish u-20 league.

Anyway, Aatu Räty had 12 points in 10 games in the Finnish ASM playoffs which is pretty impressive. Will need to see what Stankoven can do but at this point, it's tough to see him as having superior accomplishments. And is he actually a 5'8"?
Ok my bad.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

4. Luke Hughes, D (NTDP)
7. Nolan Allan, D (WHL)
8. Joshua Roy, F (QMJHL)
26. Trevor Wong, C (WHL)

;)

Fabian Lysell is possibly the best Swedish prospect in the draft. I would without a doubt have Oskar Olausson, Liam Dower Nilsson and William Eklund in the first round, a few of them could be top 10 picks. Simon Robertsson is not as good as any of them at the moment.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

4. Luke Hughes, D (NTDP)
7. Nolan Allan, D (WHL)
8. Joshua Roy, F (QMJHL)