Huck's Top 31: 2021 NHL Entry Draft

Rating:
3/5,
  1. kelsier

kelsier Registered User

It would be a whole another story if he was from NA. Any prospect coming out of Europe has to be borderline generational in order to let the pre-hype secure their position as the first overall. Dahlin for instance makes a great example (although the competition was kind of slim that year). It's a lot easier for any North American to "close the gap" with such a huge advantage in exposure.

So yeah, nothing's set in the stone. It's probably too soon to even assume with reasonable certainty that Räty ends up as a franchise type of a center. Although I would say right now he's in that trajectory the very least. Didn't follow up on him enough last season to know better but he was simply brilliant @ Hlinka.

2. NA Scouting

NA Scouting Registered User

James Malatesta has signed with the Quebec Remparts. Was supposed to play on Kimball Union this season

3. AstrophysicalJet

AstrophysicalJet King Jordan

Rebel Alliance spy
    I am a Canadian married to a Danish woman, and we live in Denmark - I live 30 minutes from where Almquist used to play, and I used to coach the 7-8 year olds, so id just stay and watch him play.

4. Ola

Ola HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

Lawyer
    From my POV Fabian Lysell should be up there in the top 3. Not saying that he will be almost 2 years from now, but right now I think that he possibly is the best of them all.

Ryan Van Horne likes this.
  5. NA Scouting

NA Scouting Registered User

Sure looks like Huck wasn't wrong about L'Heureux so far. Already playing on Moncton's 1st line. 6 pts in 4 games