Dec 3, 2014
Wow Howard finally won

Trade mrazek

That aa goal was a beauty for a slightly better helm

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm surprised you thought that was a kick, I respect your opinion and rarely disagree.

He pulls his feet together and then thrust them forward with his heels dug in. It certainly isn't a natural hockey stopping motion. I don't think they have to go soccer style to really get at what that means. He was directing the puck in with his skate in a forward motion, that isn't supposed to be allowed.

Technically he was trying to play the puck forward with his feet to his stick. Still have no idea why that should count. Oh well, it made no difference in the outcome thankfully.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I voted

AA
Howard
Glendening.

I'm certainly no fan of Luke but he saved 2 goals in that game and deserves some credit.

He pulls his feet together and then thrust them forward with his heels dug in. It certainly isn't a natural hockey stopping motion. I don't think they have to go soccer style to really get at what that means. He was directing the puck in with his skate in a forward motion, that isn't supposed to be allowed.

Technically he was trying to play the puck forward with his feet to his stick. Still have no idea why that should count. Oh well, it made no difference in the outcome thankfully.

The NHL should just disallow any goal that goes in off a skate whether it was kicked or bounced in off it.

Take the interpretation out of the refs hands.

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Pavel in his interview referring to Double A:

"He doesn't have speed, he have lightning"

"Everybody focus on move, but good and important that he finish"

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I don't think they have to go soccer style to really get at what that means.

Thats a good point. I didn't have a problem with the call because this is one of the few times the NHL has been consistent, they really need to see a distinct kicking motion. Right or wrong.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Here's this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Can't believe we went from Andersson to Athanasiou. Slowest guy on the team to fastest. What a difference it makes.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We have potential to be one of the fastest teams in the league if AA gets more minutes. Helm/Larkin/AA are probably all top ten in speed in the league (though Helm does seemed to have slowed down quite a bit. Tatar and Nyquist are certainly above average (though also looking slower this year).

Side note: god do I wish we had a defenseman like Klingberg. So creative in the o-zone, I forgot what it's like to have an offensive dman like him.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Amazing road win. In our 1st game this season vs. Dallas (at home) I thought we caught them sleeping a little. This one they were fully alive and desperate to break a 2 game home losing streak but the Wings withstood the fire. That was a dirty road win but as others say a lot it happens to the Wings too. Keep hanging around then profit! I saw Nashville do it against the Hawks last week if you keep playing hard good things can happen.

Athanasiou the 2nd goal was the highlight of the season for me. I mean just the most dreamlike execution we felt it the entire way and it was an explosion when that puck dropped over Niemi. I did a dance, some type of weird celebration! Starting overtime with Datsyuk, that was beautiful. I've got to credit the main guys as HF who've been calling for AA this entire time. Yeah I saw him in the pre-season (and Juniors) but didn't believe like some of you could see. Good call fellas.:thumbu:

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
We have potential to be one of the fastest teams in the league if AA gets more minutes. Helm/Larkin/AA are probably all top ten in speed in the league (though Helm does seemed to have slowed down quite a bit. Tatar and Nyquist are certainly above average (though also looking slower this year).

Side note: god do I wish we had a defenseman like Klingberg. So creative in the o-zone, I forgot what it's like to have an offensive dman like him.

Can't forget the wheels mantha has as well, once he gets to the big club were going to have a very fast team. :yo:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
The thing that intrigues me about Larkin and AA is that theyre both so much more physically dominant than Nyquist/Tatar are.

I hope they can take their game to a level that well surpasses the euro shrimps.

Hmm, really. They're that much more physically dominant? Than TT who was the AHL MVP the year the Griffins won the Calder and currently has 17 goals and 19 assists for the Red Wings? Those points aren't as easy to come by as they used to be. Nyquist has single-handed carried this team into the PO's before. Somehow Holland and the Wings always manage to pull magic out of a hat. Kadri may not be a #1 center either but you find a place for them to thrive. At 4.5 mil Gus is a keeper on any team. I'm surprised a fan would not enjoy their games they've been unreal. The "neuro"-twins in my mind are possibly a bridge (like Hudler and Fil) between the different age groups and play an important role. They were chosen for a reason it's something we have to respect and look to the bright side.

Last edited:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
2 great performances in a row for Howard, I mean that's just great if he can keep that up. If he does that we'll have 2 great goaltenders for the rest of the season and Howard might actually be moveable in the off-season.

Edit: Also, I hope the league looks into those filthy moves AA did on that 2nd goal, that's atleast a 3 game suspension imo. That was just too reckless, old man oduya could've easily busted a knee on those dangles :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
AA for HHOF and #72 up in the rafters.

In all seriousness, I wonder what his ceiling is. Does he have a higher ceiling than Tatar and/or Nyquist?
I'd say so. It's the size that really limits what Tatar and Nyquist are capable of. AA is a sky-is-the-limit player.

Howard had a great start to the year too. Just goes to show how much confidence can affect players.
I may be seeing things but feels like Howard started playing better after Holland came out and said he's keeping him. Have to wonder if he's been in a bad place mentally wondering if he's going to get traded and stuff like that. Just looks more confident lately.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad