Management How would you rate Sweeney?

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Everyone complains that they have never been able to get a second line winger for Krejci all these years. I keep saying, the problem isn’t the wingers that don’t fit. Krejci’s game doesn’t fit in today’s high paced game. Hasn’t for a long time.

if Sweeney could ever fix the Pro side of his job ie: the pro scouting, he would be a really good GM. His Pro scouting, in my view, has set this team backwards at times.

He has an extremely big advantage in that he has big colleges in his back yard to scout. I think they understand that the need to get tougher. I think they’ve adjusted that thinking.

To me, injuries prevented another cup in Boston. They caught up to them and you could see it in the way they played towards the end. It’s not an easy path. Bergeron’s groin is probably the biggest one. It will be again this year.
Krejci's game doesnt fit.........rotfmafao.......Hysterical. You cant help but laugh sometimes and wonder if people watch. The only thing that has prevented this team from winning 2 more cups is the GM. Fact. Simple fact. In inept GM. Krejci.....lol,lol,lol,.ol,lol,lollol,.......I needed a laugh today.

Reactions: teekey and Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Krejci's game doesnt fit.........rotfmafao.......Hysterical. You cant help but laugh sometimes and wonder if people watch. The only thing that has prevented this team from winning 2 more cups is the GM. Fact. Simple fact. In inept GM. Krejci.....lol,lol,lol,.ol,lol,lollol,.......I needed a laugh today.
Laugh away. Your right, I wonder myself.

Reactions: Mathews28

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Reminds me of Joey Nichols.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I like his overall management philosophy, especially what he has done with the defence. His execution though has been wildly inconsistent. In terms of pure on ice success his term looks very good, but when you factor the awesome players he inherited and the massive blunders at draft and free agency, it's difficult to rate him.

Last edited:

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
How about Riley 88 for GM and BlackFrancis as his boss?
You would have 2 more cups for most likely........What you would have not had or ever have had.....Belesky....Backes, Moore, Zboril, Senyshen, Ritchie, Kase. You would have Barzal.....And Chabot...........Probably another great DMAN like Trouba....And or Brayden Schenn and I certainly would have been in on Zibinijad when he became available..........Gets me sick how Sweeney screwed this organization long term....Needs to be fired....Even a novice GM......would have been better...Especially when your best player bought in and gave team friendly contracts only to be screwed by Management....Shameful disgrace....

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You would have 2 more cups for most likely........What you would have not had or ever have had.....Belesky....Backes, Moore, Zboril, Senyshen, Ritchie, Kase. You would have Barzal.....And Chabot...........Probably another great DMAN like Trouba....And or Brayden Schenn and I certainly would have been in on Zibinijad when he became available..........Gets me sick how Sweeney screwed this organization long term....Needs to be fired....Even a novice GM......would have been better...Especially when your best player bought in and gave team friendly contracts only to be screwed by Management....Shameful disgrace....
:clap:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
ITs always fun to go and look back at who you would have drafted or signed. I wanted Barzal, Boeser and Chabot in 2015. Wanted Debrincat and kaliyev over Frederic and Beecher.

Sometimes its funnier to go back and look at some of the free agent signings that you wanted who have been DUDS. For instance i really wanted karl alzner, Andrew Ladd and Okposo a couple years back lol.

You win some you lose some i guess.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
ITs always fun to go and look back at who you would have drafted or signed. I wanted Barzal, Boeser and Chabot in 2015. Wanted Debrincat and kaliyev over Frederic and Beecher.

Sometimes its funnier to go back and look at some of the free agent signings that you wanted who have been DUDS. For instance i really wanted karl alzner, Andrew Ladd and Okposo a couple years back lol.

Who did you want with the 14th in 2016?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Believe at the time I had Chabot, Conner, Konecny. 2/3rds based on who a couple of the next best available were and some superficial looks at mocks.

Sounds like beating a dead horse and probably could have assumed the following, but of Hockey Reference is up to date, the Bs 3 first rounders have played 211 games combined in the NHL. 4 individual players picked later in the first, 3 additional picked in the 2nd round (Carlo being one) have played more.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The 2015 draft was a colossal screw up of proportions only beginning to reveal itself. The best of the 3,Debrusk, is not in the same league as the 3 they could have had in Barzal,Connor and Chabot. Not just a bad day at a draft table,it was a trio of mind numbing mistakes that will negatively affect the following 10- 15 years .

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
The 2015 draft was a colossal screw up of proportions only beginning to reveal itself. The best of the 3,Debrusk, is not in the same league as the 3 they could have had in Barzal,Connor and Chabot. Not just a bad day at a draft table,it was a trio of mind numbing mistakes that will negatively affect the following 10- 15 years .

I demand everybody to scourge yourself, to think about all the time in pain and cry yourself in sleep in the night because this will clearly change history. Maybe you could look forward and change what you still can change but why would you should do :sarcasm:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I demand everybody to scourge yourself, to think about all the time in pain and cry yourself in sleep in the night because this will clearly change history. Maybe you could look forward and change what you still can change but why would you should do :sarcasm:
Well since this is a thread about Sweeney's performance,nothing matters EXCEPT the past.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Who did you want with the 14th in 2016?

If I remember correctly I believe I was torn between McAvoy and chychrun. I think I was leaning more towards Chychrun when our pick came around, but would have been happy with eirher.

I probably would have drafted chychrun at the time. Very happy we took McAvoy instead tho!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Just wondering, how many times did you see any of these guys play before they were drafted?

Not trying to be a pita, because I think its true that any of us could just study the many different rankings before a draft and do as well or better than the scouts. Or much worse. Its that much of a crapshoot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just wondering, how many times did you see any of these guys play before they were drafted?

Not trying to be a pita, because I think its true that any of us could just study the many different rankings before a draft and do as well or better than the scouts. Or much worse. Its that much of a crapshoot.

When it comes to the 1st round and say the first 10 picks of the 2nd, I think most die-hard fans could take any of the hockey publications rankings and scouting reports and do a pretty decent job. There is sooo much data, video and information out there now that 1st rounders and early 2nd rounders are very projectable. The access to info has brought scouting a long ways. Most of these 1st rounder kids have been analyzed for years.

Scouts to me don't really show their value until you get past the 40-ish pick. But after that they are invaluable. A great scout to me makes his reputation in Rounds 3-7. That's where you take the kids who haven't been seen as much or been analyzed as often and your scouts can show their true worth from in-person viewings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad