How would you rate Don Sweeney's work after Day 1 of free agency?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Adding a guy that scored 30 goals in 80 games last year for 3.8 mill

And getting rid of smith for Hayes is a wash up front
We are definitely a better team

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
5 years is too long for beleskey even if his caphit is low and it depends on how much hayes signs for.

7bostonhockey*

C that's generous.

Mostly for gaining cap space

Where is the help on d?

Where is the difference maker on offence. We'll have to rely on a breakout from one or more of the younger ones.

Still not seeing the light at the end

iiBruins17*

Sign Beleskey to a really reasonable deal, get rid of Savards contract, and actually get something for Smith? A-/A

Now if we just get a top 4 dman or two

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
His mistakes (trading Dougie and his draft picks) are of the franchise-destroying type, so I stick with F

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
B. Thrilled overall. A few rookie mistakes. But I love the new mantra, and the work has been great.

To get Beleskey today...and get Smith off the team...I'm on Cloud Nine...

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
His mistakes (trading Dougie and his draft picks) are of the franchise-destroying type, so I stick with F

This. Some of his moves have been impressive, but his major moves have still been terrible. He needed to sign Hamilton. Do you see St. Louis letting go of Tarasenko? Same caliber player. He also bungled the draft. If you want to take players ranked in the 25-30 and 40-50 range you need to TRADE DOWN! He committed a huge draft fallacy, which is falling in love with certain players. No one knows how these kids will pan out. Donny would have assumed the Schenn brothers would be superstars, but look at how they panned out.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He gets an A from me for getting the team in cap Hell climbing out.

Trading the Savard contract was huge.
I love the haul for Looch.

If he can get a D and a back up for reasonable cost he will have done very well IMO.

He started the morning with little cap space to work with and now he's got some breathing room.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
A. Not pinning Sweeney for the Hamilton trade. If anyone believe that Sweeney would have receive assets when the GM only had to offer sheet Hamilton and pay the picks to acquire him well.... Our GM transform the Lucic trade into an exceptional return. Really like the cost of the Beleskey signing and the way he shipped Smith and Savard's contract to Florida. We still need a backup keeper and help at D but that's for another day.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
I'm not a fan.

Beleksey at 3,8 is better than 5, but he is still a 3rd liner we hope could turn into something more playing more minutes (more difficult minutes). If it stands he is a 3rd line player, it's Kelly all over again with a higher salary and longer term.

Hayes as a big advantage over Smith in size. Smith is probably better at everything else.

Overall we are a little bit bigger, not faster, a little bit more grinder, less talented.

Would have prefer status quo or to give a 1 year deal 4M to Semin and put him on Krejci's wing, watch them put 70pts and keep the season to decide if I trust him enough to give him more on his next contract or not.

We're now rumors to Franson, but I would choose Eheroff 10 time out of 10 before him.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
How in the hell could sweeney stomach watching a passive chiarelli all these years? Complete opposite approaches.

Iceman12

Nov 22, 2014
Now that it's known Hamilton didn't want to come back here, he gets an A from me. The haul for Lucic was great, getting rid of Smith was orgasmic, I like Belesky and Rinaldo. Thumbs up from me!

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
People acting like the Belesky contract is so bad; he only has a NMC for two years. After that, we can unload him if need be. It's really not that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad