6. Finland
7. Germany
8. Czech Republic
9. Slovakia
10. Norway

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The U.S. have Jack Campbell in net, who will probably be the best goaltender (or second best, behind Lehner) in the tournament. They also have a very talented group of returning players who are experienced and managed to win in a huge game. Finally, they get the benefit of a *much* easier pool.

Jack Campbell's had a pretty ugly season, obviously a very capable goaltender....but not necessarily coming in riding on confidence. For the US to repeat he'll have to be better then he has been.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Jack Campbell's had a pretty ugly season, obviously a very capable goaltender....but not necessarily coming in riding on confidence. For the US to repeat he'll have to be better then he has been.

I had heard he hadn't been playing that well. Then I looked at his stats and that is flatout ugly. I know he's the reigning Gold Medal winning goaltender in this tournament but in a short tourney like this it's all about the hot hand. I like Sweden's goaltending the best to be honest.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Finlands goalies getting underrated. Ortio has actually been pretty good this year. I bet he will atleast be better than any goalie Germany or Switzerland ice.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I had heard he hadn't been playing that well. Then I looked at his stats and that is flatout ugly. I know he's the reigning Gold Medal winning goaltender in this tournament but in a short tourney like this it's all about the hot hand. I like Sweden's goaltending the best to be honest.

Windsor's not exactly a defensive powerhouse, so I wouldn't put Campbell's numbers under the microscope too much. The bottom-line is Campbell is a winner, especially in international competition. I still think he's the class goalie in this competition. Could be wrong though, but we'll see. Aside from that, the U.S. will feature a "veteran" laden forward group that is loaded with speed, size, and skill as well as an excellent puck-moving defense. Add in the weaker of the pools, and I think there's a great chance the U.S. plays for a medal if not in the gold medal game.

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
Windsor's not exactly a defensive powerhouse, so I wouldn't put Campbell's numbers under the microscope too much. The bottom-line is Campbell is a winner, especially in international competition. I still think he's the class goalie in this competition. Could be wrong though, but we'll see. Aside from that, the U.S. will feature a "veteran" laden forward group that is loaded with speed, size, and skill as well as an excellent puck-moving defense. Add in the weaker of the pools, and I think there's a great chance the U.S. plays for a medal if not in the gold medal game.

I'm going with a U.S.A. Canada final, but I do believe this Canadian team will struggle to score and may face some adversity through the preliminary round.

I can't wait for this to start, will be there for the HSBC games, pumped!

The place should be rocking...:yo:

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Finlands goalies getting underrated. Ortio has actually been pretty good this year. I bet he will atleast be better than any goalie Germany or Switzerland ice.

So after last year's performance at the WJC or his performance with Windsor, Conz or Grubauer doesn't have the same talent or Ortio? Sorry but I don't agree there, far from it.

Like every year, Canada is the favourite no matter what Canadians, Americans, or anyone else want to believe. Until they lose, that's just the way it is regardless of who is on the roster.

Yes the team appears weaker up front this year but so did the team in Vancouver and they had no issues whatsoever. The Canadians always find a way to get it done, that's just a reality.

As someone else already said, this team does seem very similar to the team in Vancouver in makeup. The US is strong, but they do have egos and have to deal with the pressure of being defending champs and having a Canadian team that lost last year on home ice and will be hungry.

Will be interesting as always.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So after last year's performance at the WJC or his performance with Windsor, Conz or Grubauer doesn't have the same talent or Ortio? Sorry but I don't agree there, far from it.

Like every year, Canada is the favourite no matter what Canadians, Americans, or anyone else want to believe. Until they lose, that's just the way it is regardless of who is on the roster.

Yes the team appears weaker up front this year but so did the team in Vancouver and they had no issues whatsoever. The Canadians always find a way to get it done, that's just a reality.

As someone else already said, this team does seem very similar to the team in Vancouver in makeup. The US is strong, but they do have egos and have to deal with the pressure of being defending champs and having a Canadian team that lost last year on home ice and will be hungry.

Will be interesting as always.

I generally agree with what you're saying here, but given the fact this year's Team Canada has few in the way of returning players, I don't get the emotional response you're suggesting. Also, where are you getting the ego label you're applying to the American team?

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
While Canada may lack a few of the offensive stars of years past, they more than make up for it with an outstanding D-Core and speedy, versatile players who can step up and be offensive threats.

What many here fail to take notice of, however, is the coaching. I do not expect to see Canada turn pucks over this year, nor do I see them giving up many, if any, short handed goals.

I refuse to fall for this ruse, because both on paper and more than likely on the ice, Canada is and will be the favorites. I only hope that everybody on Team U.S.A. feel the same and ready themselves for what will be a difficult and challenging tournament.

Charlie Milles*

Whatever the case, this year's tournament will be a good one. Either of the US, Canada, Russia or Sweden could win it. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone of them won it. The Finns and the Swiss could make things interesting too. The US could repeat, Lehner could steal the tournament, you never know with the Russians and Canada could be the best "team" in recent years. I kind of role my eyes at junior hockey, but this time of year I'm always glued to the TV.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Is it me, or does there seem to be a significant gap separating Russia from the other teams. They just don't seem as threatening this year.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
Forwards

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Canada
4. Sweden
5. Finland
6. Czech Republic
7. Slovakia
8. Switzerland
9. Germany
10. Norway

Defense

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. USA
4. Finland
5. Russia
6. Czech Republic
7. Germany
8. Slovakia
9. Switzerland
10. Norway

Goaltending

1. Sweden
2. USA
3. Switzerland
4. Russia
5. Canada
6. Finland
7. Czech Republic
8. Slovakia
9. Germany
10. Norway

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I'm going with a U.S.A. Canada final, but I do believe this Canadian team will struggle to score and may face some adversity through the preliminary round.

I can't wait for this to start, will be there for the HSBC games, pumped!

The place should be rocking...:yo:

I don't beleave canada will struggle to score as for facing some adversity its possible.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Whatever the case, this year's tournament will be a good one. Either of the US, Canada, Russia or Sweden could win it. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone of them won it. The Finns and the Swiss could make things interesting too. The US could repeat, Lehner could steal the tournament, you never know with the Russians and Canada could be the best "team" in recent years. I kind of role my eyes at junior hockey, but this time of year I'm always glued to the TV.

Why do you role your eyes at junior hockey.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Oops, didn't think they would use him as a 1993, he's a damn good player and he will be an offensive threat for them for years to come.

I've never seen him play. But if his stats are and indication of how well he's played, then yes defenately. Might be a bit of a light wieght. I'm confident that'll change soon enough though.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Without doing the legwork to confirm it (I am too lazy), I have read Canada has 15 1st Round Draft Picks on it's team - mostly early first round.

How many 1st round picks are on Team USA?

Just curious.

:)

1 week until Christmas. 8 days until the WJR's.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
Without doing the legwork to confirm it (I am too lazy), I have read Canada has 15 1st Round Draft Picks on it's team - mostly early first round.

How many 1st round picks are on Team USA?

Just curious.

1 week until Christmas. 8 days until the WJR's.

I think 7 or 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese