How will the Karlsson situation play out?

What happens to Karlsson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Alfred Lord Tennyson Quotes. 'Tis better to haveloved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
once the billboards go up Karlsson's probably as good as gone. Melnyk still has a substantial amount of F&*^ you money and if anyone thinks poking the proverbial bear (especially one as vile as most believe him to be ) is somehow going to make him suddenly repent and become a model NHL franchise owner....well let me know how that turns out....and here's a hint...not good.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
once the billboards go up Karlsson's probably as good as gone. Melnyk still has a substantial amount of F&*^ you money and if anyone thinks poking the proverbial bear (especially one as vile as most believe him to be ) is somehow going to make him suddenly repent and become a model NHL franchise owner....well let me know how that turns out....and here's a hint...not good.

Lmao here comes the new theory.

"His fate was sealed as soon as those billboards went up"

Real good one here mate.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Lmao here comes the new theory.

"His fate was sealed as soon as those billboards went up"

Real good one here mate.

I'm not saying that will happen...but if you don't think Melnyk will retaliate in some way...well good luck with that, mate.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I haven't watched game highlights in a while. When they win against Tampa, it's got to be a good reel. They open with Karlsson being double-teamed before the first Lightning goal and Dutch says Karlsson gave the puck away a few times. They're still at it in Toronto, circling Karlsson on the replay board and trying to beat him down. I swear their video crew has a vendetta.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
They trade him but then sign him July 1st 2019 :sarcasm:

In all seriousness he'll probably go with Ryan unfortunately.

If there hell bent on getting rid of Ryan, why not try trading Hoff with him instead.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I see the Vegas deal that didn't go down at the trade deadline actually go down at the draft when they have time to make the logistics work. So Karlsson with Ryan. That's my guess, anyway.

My *hope* is a Karlsson long term deal in Ottawa.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What if Karlsson plans on leaving regardless when his contract runs out & has no intention of re-signing here but with whoever will pay him? It's a big risk either way.

I 100%guarantee that it will never come to the point of Karlsson's contract running out while he's a Senator.

He's either extended this summer, or he's traded before training camp starts.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I am 100% convinced he's traded at the draft. Melnyk is dead-set on saving money and that is the ONLY reason we're gonna lose the best player Ottawa's ever seen.

How much money will the Senators "save" if they decide to trade Karlsson?

Don't they still have to spend enough to remain between the Cap floor and Ceiling?

I've read the Cap is going to be in the $78-$82 million range for next season, the salary cap is $75 million this season, up $2 million from 2016-17 and $3.6 million from 2015-16.

With or without Karlsson, I suggest that Ottawa will spending as much next season, or more, than this season.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm not saying that will happen...but if you don't think Melnyk will retaliate in some way...well good luck with that, mate.

Did you read Melnyk's reaction to the Billboards in the paper today?

Melnyk, who bought the team out of bankruptcy in 2003, isn’t sure what people are trying to accomplish with the billboards and noted in an email to this newspaper that nobody should ever doubt his commitment to getting the franchise back to being a winner.
“I bought the Senators when no else would, and I have continued to own them and invest in the community when no one else would,” Melnyk wrote on Tuesday. “No one should doubt my commitment.”
Melnyk has stated several times publicly that the Senators aren’t for sale and that he’ll never sell the team.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Did you read Melnyk's reaction to the Billboards in the paper today?

Melnyk, who bought the team out of bankruptcy in 2003, isn’t sure what people are trying to accomplish with the billboards and noted in an email to this newspaper that nobody should ever doubt his commitment to getting the franchise back to being a winner.
“I bought the Senators when no else would, and I have continued to own them and invest in the community when no one else would,” Melnyk wrote on Tuesday. “No one should doubt my commitment.”
Melnyk has stated several times publicly that the Senators aren’t for sale and that he’ll never sell the team.

Just some fun with semantics, but it's weird that you would have to continue to say this:

Senators aren’t for sale and that he’ll never sell the team

If this statement was true:

I have continued to own them and invest in the community when no one else would

Just sayin...

I also consider the word "invest" a little misleading. Melnyk chose to take on the debt that was still owed when he bought the team. ie: Or in other words, he borrowed money to buy the team. Is paying off the loan HE took on to buy the team really "investing" in the team? And in fact he has really just covered the interest on the loan. So what is he really investing in? Paying off interest on money he needed to buy the team.

Tampa's owner bought the team outright and is covering actual operating loses so that the team can be successful during their window to go for a cup. I think there is a big difference between the "investing" happening in Tampa and the "investing" happening in Ottawa.

The only "investing" that Melnyk has done is any upgrades to the arena (although possibly paid for by playoff revenues over the years) and now the Lebreton project.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tampa's owner bought the team outright and is covering actual operating loses so that the team can be successful during their window to go for a cup. I think there is a big difference between the "investing" happening in Tampa and the "investing" happening in Ottawa.

Tampa (according to ESPN) has sold out every home game this season, averaging 19,092 paying customers (in US Dollars)

While Ottawa is averaging 15,827 paying customers, and that includes one game in Sweden and the outdoor game at Landsdowne. (in CDN Dollars).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad