Proposal: How to get Hall to Boston? Krug + ????

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Krug is about the last player the Bruins should deal in a trade for Hall and is about the last player the Devils would want in a Hall trade. It makes no sense for either team.

I'm a Bruins fan - If the B's want Hall they're going to have to pony up one of their young players (Heinen, Bjork, Frederick) a solid prospect (Lauzon, Vaak, Zboril, Senyshyn) and a 1st or 2nd rounder depending on whom. There's a chance that a guy like J. Moore or K. Miller might have some appeal.

If healthy, and as much as he's lost a step, I don't think NJ would buy-out Backes or that he'd be a detriment (a bit of retention) to any trade as a young team like the Devils is pretty much were he should finish up his career as they're one of those teams that could really use a (albeit expensive) veteran leader to take some heat from the kids and help groom them. I like Backes and am not pumping him up to Devil fans. I truly believe he'd be a good fit with your organization for next season and if this last concussion hasn't ended his career, I'd like to see him finish up his career on a team that could use him to shepard the next generation in.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
One issue is that with Krug being a UFA and whether Chara retires The Bruins LHD could take a major hit until they know about those two. So they have to be careful trading any of Vaakaneinen, Grzlyck, Lauzon or Zboril because that's your whole left side.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
As for Hall I’m still not sure it’s what the Bruins need. An actual RW would be better. They add Hall and Debrusk shifts to the other wing where he doesn’t look as comfortable.

Or Heinen moves up which makes the 3rd line less effective. He plays well with Coyle.

I agree that Hall would be an odd fit. He's not going to play over Marchand on the 1st line or on the 1st power play so you're getting a superstar and asking him to play second fiddle.

I don't mind shifting DeBrusk to RW. I actually feel like he's more dangerous coming down his off wing, and he's played some of his best hockey on RW with Mojo or Cehlarik on the left. So I'm not against getting a LW, but I think someone who's more comfortable in a 2nd line role and who brings more of a hitting game would fill more holes than Hall.

Reactions: easton117

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Would love to see Boston land Hall. Hate to give up Krug but pending UFA status makes him an attractive carrot to dangle should it become a problem to get him signed.

What else does it take to land Hall?

Krug, Bjork and/or Heinen, Pick?
That is gross overpayment for a rental. The asking price is a top D prospect and a roster player. Include a conditional first if re-signed.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Hall and Woods

Zboril Backes Heinen
Conditional 1rst if resigned

I’d prefer Palmerie

1rst
Zboril
Fitzgerald
Vladar

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Little concerned about Miller after last year. He might need a full year of actually being healthy and training properly before he’s right again. Seidenberg was the same back when he got injured.

As for Hall I’m still not sure it’s what the Bruins need. An actual RW would be better. They add Hall and Debrusk shifts to the other wing where he doesn’t look as comfortable.

Or Heinen moves up which makes the 3rd line less effective. He plays well with Coyle.

I agree Miller is an gamble at this point, he had both knees worked on and has a bum shoulder that gets thrown out when he fights and is 32. He has never played a full year and will be let go next year as his contract is up and they have better younger cheaper options.

Reactions: easton117

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Go for Granlund. He's an expiring contract. LHS, but plays RW, and C in a pinch. Very smart, superb passer, and good two way player. I have a feeling that he and Krecji would do great things together. He would have to be cheaper than Hall by a good bit... if he doesn't start producing in NSH they might go for a future or two.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think Hall could put them over the top and they should try to get someone at his level
if available. Why not go for it this year 100%? They can probably acquire him without losing either of their 2 top prospects (Vaak and Studnicka) considering the precedent for UFA rentals.

I also wouldn’t trade Heinen, Krug, Debrusk or Bjork in any trade either.
So let me get this right....

So no Vaak Studnicka Heinen Krug Debrusk Bjork ...So the Bruins just ask really nicely to hand over a league MVP in his prime for future considerations or ??
Would be sweet if the real world worked like that.

I want the very best possible forward available in trade but I don’t want to give up anyone at all that has any sort of value what so ever .

Reactions: Blueston

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
So let me get this right....

So no Vaak Studnicka Heinen Krug Debrusk Bjork ...So the Bruins just ask really nicely to hand over a league MVP in his prime for future considerations or ??
Would be sweet if the real world worked like that.

I want the very best possible forward available in trade but I don’t want to give up anyone at all that has any sort of value what so ever .
Where did I say won’t give up value? 1st round pick, conditional 2nd (becomes 1st if re-signs) and 2 B+ prospects isn’t value, for example?

TZdevils

Apr 10, 2019
Where did I say won’t give up value? 1st round pick, conditional 2nd (becomes 1st if re-signs) and 2 B+ prospects isn’t value, for example?
No that's terrible!! With that deal NJ might not even end up with a NHL player in return. The 1st rd. Pick will be around 30

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Will never extend in Boston for a contract that fits the rest of their cap structure. Won't get #1 PP or top line minutes. Go after someone else.

Whichever GM gives Hall 11 million this off season will regret it in time.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
DeBrusk is not on the same planet as Taylor Hall.

That being said, Boston is likely the best team in the NHL and has been for years. Not sure they need Hall.
Boston? Best team for years? They haven’t won Cup since 2011. They haven’t even won their division since 2014. They’ve been a nice team for a while but at some point I suspect they are gonna stop hanging banners for beating Leafs in first round.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Toffoli for Bostons late first is where they will end up. Fits all their needs, top 6 RW, cup winner, can be retained to suit cap and BOS get to keep their prospects. You could overpay for Hall, or get a piece that fits without giving up prospects

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Do the Bruins want Hall? Probably
Do the Bruins trade for Hall? Probably not
Do I want the Bruin's to trade for Hall? Yes
Do I want the Bruin's to trade Krug for Hall? **** no.

2020 1st, Frederic, Zboril, Kev Miller for Hall

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Toffoli for Bostons late first is where they will end up. Fits all their needs, top 6 RW, cup winner, can be retained to suit cap and BOS get to keep their prospects. You could overpay for Hall, or get a piece that fits without giving up prospects
Or wait while Tofoli continues to not produce, then either pass or give up a lesser asset at the deadline for the NHL's 225th or so leading scorer so far this season.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Hall and Woods

Zboril Backes Heinen
Conditional 1rst if resigned

I’d prefer Palmerie

1rst
Zboril
Fitzgerald
Vladar

Am I missing something?

Zboril and Heinen don't have that much value, and Backes is a huge cap dump.

Then there is a condition on the 1st?

I am guessing it would need to be Grez/Vaak, unprotected 1st, Bjork/Studnicka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad