"How To Beat My Team" (a.k.a Team Weaknesses Thread)

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
It was said, but it's true. For the Rangers, control the neutral zone and you control the game. If you let the Rangers skate through the neutral zone, it'll burn you hard.

Also, speed & pressure on the defense. They are the weakest link.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Anaheim has been called for the most penalties in the league and drawn the fewest power plays by far over the last decade fyi

Really? I've always seen them as pretty savvy about not doing enough for a call. The Oilers generally suck at it, either clean or cross the line. When I watch the two play each other, the Ducks are really good at controlling the flow of the game and thought that was one of the reasons. Guess the stats don't match my eyes.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
How to beat my beloved Caps.

1. Have a hot goalie. Everyone needs a hot goalie who can stop low % shots right?
2. Have "puck luck". This has nothing to do with the Caps losing board battles or only watching the puck side on breakouts and allowing cross ice passes for zone entry -- it's puck luck.
3. Have the refs make lots of calls against the Caps. Even when they clearly "didun do nuffin".
4. Tell them it's the second round. (yes I stole this -- it was too good)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
For the Oilers, you can bait our D into bad pinches, and make odd man rushes if you press it. Pretty much only Sekera has the subtlety to really pull it off. Target our bottom pairing for this in particular. In general, our defense is trying to provide dynamic offense to support the forwards. At the start of the year they were hapless at it. Now, they are better but it's still a learning process. It's a bunch of two-way D trying to be offensive Dmen.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
For ducks, Bieksa Bieksa, Beiksa.. 90 % of the time he is out of position.. Likes to wander off LALA land and leave his guy wide up in the front of the net for some reason.. Yah..

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Capitals: Injure Burakovsky

But please don't. He's the Achilles heel of the team.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Send a goon to run Carey.

Seriously, even if it doesn't hurt him his focus won't be as sharp.

Also hard forechecks on Beaulieu + Petry should do the trick.

We only have one goon though. We can't lose Glass that early on. Maybe we could send in a talented forward like Kreider though. We have plenty of those.

edit: or a bad Dman. We also have plenty of those.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if you frustrate the Wild in your end Bruce is going to start blending lines pretty quickly and that'll probably create just enough discord for a few prime opportunities or at least generate situations where we're likely to take penalties. if you have the personnel for it relentlessly attack the puck when we get it into the offensive zone and chip it out, repeat. we'll start rushing passes, it'll get easier to defend as the minutes go by, and then our D will get caught too low.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Sens: dump it in, skate to the slot. Anderson will gift you one goal per game by passing it right to you.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Injure more of our defenseman, particularly Lindholm. For the greatest chance of success injure as many defensemen as possible except Bieksa, you'll want him on the ice as much as possible.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
i dont want torts to get any ideas but the way to beat the penguins is not to hit the crap out of them. its to just slow the game down and bore them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad