TSN: How the coronavirus could impact the NHL’s bottom line UPD: NHL Season suspended MOD Warning post139

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Why is the president speaking about a specific drug or treatment at all? He sounds like a 3rd grader who hasn’t read the book he’s trying to do the report on. Has nobody told him he has experts for this kind of thing, or is it that he’s fired them all and replaced them with assistant managers from Carl’s Jr.? I don’t know about any of you but the last thing I’d want is medical advice from the CEO of Baxter. If he doesn’t want to be attacked he should stop making himself such an easy target.
Why is Bill Gates speaking about vaccines and treatments? He is the last person I'd want medical advice from.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I mean I'd write it as man dies taking fish tank cleaner or whatever the f*** it's used for. That's Florida man level stupidity.
It absolutely is moronic, but where did they get the idea from? Would they have done it if they hadn’t heard about it from the POTUS? I’d guess not given the woman’s words. I find it interesting that some will say it’s important to keep calling it “the Chinese virus” so we know where it came from, but in this instance it’s not important to know where people are getting stupid ideas that are killing them.

Honestly I have no idea why I’m even protesting other than wishing we had an actual leader as president of this country. f*** it, let Trump tell people to drink Drain-o and go back to work tomorrow, it will make the next election that much easier.

Reactions: jfont

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Bill Gates doesn’t address the nation in prime time as the president of the United States, but I’d be fine with him not saying shit either.
With the amount of press and articles written about him and his agenda you could've fooled me. And to me I guess I dont care if the President is touting a drug that has potential to be a helpful tool in a global pandemic. Wasn't he criticized for not being hopeful during this? If a drug has potential to help and he touts it to give some hope I guess I dont get my panties so twisted on the matter, but that's just me.

Reactions: KINGS17

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It absolutely is moronic, but where did they get the idea from? Would they have done it if they hadn’t heard about it from the POTUS? I’d guess not given the woman’s words. I find it interesting that some will say it’s important to keep calling it “the Chinese virus” so we know where it came from, but in this instance it’s not important to know where people are getting stupid ideas that are killing them.

Honestly I have no idea why I’m even protesting other than wishing we had an actual leader as president of this country. f*** it, let Trump tell people to drink Drain-o and go back to work tomorrow, it will make the next election that much easier.
So Trump said go take this drug as a precaution and they did it? Or did he say that drug could help and they went out of their way to take something in the same drug family, without a doctors recommendation and without supervision and died because of it? I guess the Orange man bad fever is so bad you can blame someone's own blatant stupidity on the president.

Not to throw stones but you blast Trump yet want to vote for a party who clearly wants to nominate a man in the throes of Dementia.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
"I don't like it" =/= biased. That's literally directly quoting from the couple themselves.

How would you write that headline?

The headline should read "Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine Compound which is Not an FDA Approved Drug"

Any mention of Trump in the headline is unwarranted. Explaining the man mistakenly took the incorrect drug after hearing what Trump said during the briefing in the story is fine.

If you like the headlines, explain why it is accurate and not misleading, because Trump never told anyone to take chloroquine phosphate.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So Trump said go take this drug as a precaution and they did it? Or did he say that drug could help and they went out of their way to take something in the same drug family, without a doctors recommendation and without supervision and died because of it? I guess the Orange man bad fever is so bad you can blame someone's own blatant stupidity on the president.

Not to throw stones but you blast Trump yet want to vote for a party who clearly wants to nominate a man in the throes of Dementia.
You know who I’m voting for? Interesting.

I agree it’s a pretty sad f***ing state when the only two options with a realistic chance of getting elected are a geriatric with dementia and a geriatric ex game show host. Pathetic thing is we’re all sitting here doing battle with each other when we’re all the losers in this mess.

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Why is the president speaking about a specific drug or treatment at all? He sounds like a 3rd grader who hasn’t read the book he’s trying to do the report on. Has nobody told him he has experts for this kind of thing, or is it that he’s fired them all and replaced them with assistant managers from Carl’s Jr.? I don’t know about any of you but the last thing I’d want is medical advice from the CEO of Baxter. If he doesn’t want to be attacked he should stop making himself such an easy target.
He is trying to give folks HOPE. Fear breeds fear and Trump is not about that. My sister is a respiratory therapist in LA and last week they had their first severe case at her hospital. Guess what the go to medicine was, hydroxychloroquine with Zinc. So he is not lying and if you are paying attention, he said it is being used as a last resort with their doctors advice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The headline should read "Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine Compound which is Not an FDA Approved Drug"

Any mention of Trump in the headline is unwarranted. Explaining the man mistakenly took the incorrect drug after hearing what Trump said during the briefing in the story is fine.

If you like the headlines, explain why it is accurate and not misleading, because Trump never told anyone to take chloroquine phosphate.

Simply, it's referencing cause and effect, why they did what they did.

I'm with @Reaper45 that it's probably better to focus on their idiocy in this case, but it's not an inaccurate or unwarranted at all given the event was about said cause/effect.

And it's also an example of the media being stupid and running with sensationalist stories that will get attention. I think both things are true in this case.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You know who I’m voting for? Interesting.

I agree it’s a pretty sad f***ing state when the only two options with a realistic chance of getting elected are a geriatric with dementia and a geriatric ex game show host. Pathetic thing is we’re all sitting here doing battle with each other when we’re all the losers in this mess.

Yeah, I think we need to stay away from assuming too much about people's political orientations, that's how this thread derails.

I'm also going to give most posters here credit--some of whom I know very well--for more sophisticated views than binary "Trump or bust," "Librul or not." It's more than viable to believe in a sitting president and criticize the everliving hell out of him and his decisions just like it's viable to believe that the media is trying to do it's job yet still question coverage. And I think both things are completely necessary given our current situation.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He is trying to give folks HOPE. Fear breeds fear and Trump is not about that. My sister is a respiratory therapist in LA and last week they had their first severe case at her hospital. Guess what the go to medicine was, hydroxychloroquine with Zinc. So he is not lying and if you are paying attention, he said it is being used as a last resort with their doctors advice.
I don’t think he was lying, I just think he’s a moron. Like the time he went before the he nation, ignored his teleprompter and adlibbed his address, botching his own policy in the process and causing more panic.

"You're going to see. I don't want to tell you now, but right now, we have a very strong indication that we know pretty much, we have some good ideas."

This is the guy people are looking to for hope? If so, hope is lost. I dunno, I don’t read oped pieces, just look strictly at the words coming directly from the mouth, and I’m flabbergasted that so many people just nod their heads and think “this is the right guy, the guy for me.” Would be easier to punch out god than to change anyone’s mind though, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
The University of Washington has updated its COVID-19 model to now project 66,000 deaths, up from 60,000. Seems like most of the change is due to New York, which is up to about 23,750. California up slightly to about 1,750. I checked the states that never issued stay at home orders and they appear to be about the same overall, with Iowa going down significantly (442) and Nebraska (245) and North Dakota (277) going up significantly.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The University of Washington has updated its COVID-19 model to now project 66,000 deaths, up from 60,000. Seems like most of the change is due to New York, which is up to about 23,750. California up slightly to about 1,750. I checked the states that never issued stay at home orders and they appear to be about the same overall, with Iowa going down significantly (442) and Nebraska (245) and North Dakota (277) going up significantly.
Most surprising thing to me about these numbers is that there are more than 245 in Nebraska. ;)

Jul 31, 2005
CA
If you're self medicating for a disease you may not even have then you deserve death. I have an incurable form of stage 4 brain caner. My doctor has me sign forms that I barely read and I really have no idea what I'm having done but that's the reality of my disease. I've been told to smoke weed, eat vegetables, take CBD-all by people who don't have or who have never had cancer. Everybody is an expert when they're healthy. When you're facing death your mentality changes, when doctors come at you with experimental treatments it's like sure let's do it. I have 3 roads to go down-certain death, being the first person in the history of the world to beat this cancer by sheer luck or sign the forms and let the experiments begin.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If you're self medicating for a disease you may not even have then you deserve death. I have an incurable form of stage 4 brain caner. My doctor has me sign forms that I barely read and I really have no idea what I'm having done but that's the reality of my disease. I've been told to smoke weed, eat vegetables, take CBD-all by people who don't have or who have never had cancer. Everybody is an expert when they're healthy. When you're facing death your mentality changes, when doctors come at you with experimental treatments it's like sure let's do it. I have 3 roads to go down-certain death, being the first person in the history of the world to beat this cancer by sheer luck or sign the forms and let the experiments begin.
Everything else aside, I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through this. Here’s to hoping all the best for you and that you beat this f***ing thing.

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
I don’t think he was lying, I just think he’s a moron. Like the time he went before the he nation, ignored his teleprompter and adlibbed his address, botching his own policy in the process and causing more panic.

"You're going to see. I don't want to tell you now, but right now, we have a very strong indication that we know pretty much, we have some good ideas."

This is the guy people are looking to for hope? If so, hope is lost. I dunno, I don’t read oped pieces, just look strictly at the words coming directly from the mouth, and I’m flabbergasted that so many people just nod their heads and think “this is the right guy, the guy for me.” Would be easier to punch out god than to change anyone’s mind though, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.
We all have filtered views from both sides and Trump ain't perfect. Like all human beings, he has many flaws and im no hypocrite to expect flawlessness from him, when i know full well i have many of them myself. But dont get it twisted, the guy loves his country and its people. Like you, i used to think he was dumb, but then i started following closely stopped reading articles because of how off the target they were. The media has too many many activist as writers and i don't want to read opinion pieces.
Without the insults, Why are you criticizing him if he is not lying? How does that seem okay? Cause he makes a lot run-on sentences.

Reactions: Reaper45

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
It absolutely is moronic, but where did they get the idea from? Would they have done it if they hadn’t heard about it from the POTUS? I’d guess not given the woman’s words.

One interesting development you might not be aware of is some bloggers had the idea of looking into the wife's background (like they were journalists or something). She was an anti-Trumper on social media. She donates to democrats. They found depositions of her where she comes across as bat-sh** crazy. Strange that she would supposedly follow Trump's "advice." Neither had any symptoms. Her husband died and she survived. Hmmm.

Reactions: Bandit
Jul 31, 2005
CA
One interesting development you might not be aware of is some bloggers had the idea of looking into the wife's background (like they were journalists or something). She was an anti-Trumper on social media. She donates to democrats. They found depositions of her where she comes across as bat-sh** crazy. Strange that she would supposedly follow Trump's "advice." Neither had any symptoms. Her husband died and she survived. Hmmm.
Better check the life insurance beneficiary.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
We all have filtered views from both sides and Trump ain't perfect. Like all human beings, he has many flaws and im no hypocrite to expect flawlessness from him, when i know full well i have many of them myself. But dont get it twisted, the guy loves his country and its people. Like you, i used to think he was dumb, but then i started following closely stopped reading articles because of how off the target they were. The media has too many many activist as writers and i don't want to read opinion pieces.
Without the insults, Why are you criticizing him if he is not lying? How does that seem okay? Cause he makes a lot run-on sentences.

Let's be clear, I don't think he was lying in this particular instance. In general I think he's crooked as f*** and I don't share your sentiment that he cares about the American people, only his business interests and friends. But as I said not going to go down that road as it's akin to trying to warm the Pacific Ocean by pissing in it.

I wonder if she's related to Carole Baskin?

O7ecQQhG_400x400.jpeg

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Let's be clear, I don't think he was lying in this particular instance. In general I think he's crooked as f*** and I don't share your sentiment that he cares about the American people, only his business interests and friends. But as I said not going to go down that road as it's akin to trying to warm the Pacific Ocean by pissing in it.
New Yorks' Wall Street and Californias' Tech & Hollywood scene, who are one of the wealthiest in the US are not his biggest his Supporters. But lots of farmers, vets, cops, small businesses owners ect are. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: ibleedkings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad