TSN: How the coronavirus could impact the NHL’s bottom line UPD: NHL Season suspended MOD Warning post139

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want bad things to happen to Americans but if this disaster leads to a dismantling or reclamation of our political order then at least something positive will have happened. American citizens have become so disengaged that we got to this point. Most of those in Washington don't care about any of us. It's a business to them. The few that do caee get silenced or neutralized by the parties in power or their donor overlords.

I'm drunk btw.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I just don't understand why people embrace the gaslighting from both the media and Trump. Ironically, the media helped him win the last election. Who's the parasite and who's the host is the question. Both the media and Trump have created ideological and/or partisan chasms. I don't think either is healthy to rationalize.
It is symbiotic. Neither one can live without the other.

Reactions: Buddy The Elf

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I just don't understand why people embrace the gaslighting from both the media and Trump. Ironically, the media helped him win the last election. Who's the parasite and who's the host is the question. Both the media and Trump have created ideological and/or partisan chasms. I don't think either is healthy to rationalize.
I agree, but it should be noted that disliking Trump is not an automatic ringing endorsement of a nebulous blanket term like “the media”. You can dislike both. One would hope for decorum, objectivity and leadership on both sides, but we have fallen into a very bad place.

It’s part of my dislike of the POTUS. Things are shitty and he’s the first one in line to piss in the punch bowl when he should be setting the standard. He’s not a child in the sandbox (allegedly), he’s the leader of the country and it should start with him.

I agree, but it should be noted that disliking Trump is not an automatic ringing endorsement of a nebulous blanket term like “the media”. You can dislike both. One would hope for decorum, objectivity and leadership on both sides, but we have fallen into a very bad place.

It’s part of my dislike of the POTUS. Things are shitty and he’s the first one in line to piss in the punch bowl when he should be setting the standard. He’s not a child in the sandbox (allegedly), he’s the leader of the country and it should start with him.

I hate to sound like an elitist but the average American has been asleep at the wheel for a while. You have people starting to pay attention because he's such a polarizing figure. I spun that as a positive when he was elected. I still think there is some truth to that but it also has led to lots of tribalism which is very irrational.

Both parties are effective at pandering to an electorate while effectively silencing any outside competition. Now we're reduced to talking about how much worse the other party is versus being objective about the leaders we share ideological ideals with while holding them accountable for their shortcomings. Red herrings and hyperbole are considered reasonable discourse by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad