OT: How Old Are You, HFSens?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Currently 30, which means I mildly resent the younger half of my demographic for still being in their twenties.

My youthful pessimism is gone, but so is my youthful exuberance. Sigh, everything is so pleasantly lukewarm.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
IMO you are most wise in your teenage years

Yeah not even close, at all. Coming from personal experience and if I asked any other person my age, they'd tell you the exact opposite. And didn't you say you were 16? How can you say that if you haven't even become an adult yet? You're probably at your most wise that you have been, but you still have a long way to go. When I was a teenager I was defiantly not wise at all.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
As a teenager, no we are definitely not the most wise about anything at all :laugh:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Either that's sarcasm or you're a teenager.

I think the longer we're alive the more we know, but we're also aware of how much more we don't know, and we become quite aware of how little we knew when we were younger and thought we knew a lot.

Louie CK, as he is prone to do, puts a funny spin on a valid point.

Also for the record im 32 and wise enough to know how wise I'm not.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Either that's sarcasm or you're a teenager.

I think the longer we're alive the more we know, but we're also aware of how much more we don't know, and we become quite aware of how little we knew when we were younger and thought we knew a lot.

Louie CK, as he is prone to do, puts a funny spin on a valid point.

Also for the record im 32 and wise enough to know how wise I'm not.

Pretty sure it is

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Wiser in video games yeah, if by wiser you mean quicker at micro-management. I used to own at StarCraft when I was 18-20... Now I can barely hang on with those dirty Koreans, so yeah I'm not playing much. When you get older, you gotta leave out a bit of that micro management and do more macro so you can accomplish more

Outside of that, I'm not really sure it applies... Yeah, from 0-10 years you are a lot quicker at absorbing the information but that's because you are an empty sponge. It changes.

And of course, malnutrition, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, Red Bulls, etc... if you consume a lot of that ****, yeah you might not grow wiser lol

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, there are some exceptions out there when it comes to who is more wiser and who is more mature.

There can be some people in their 20s and even people in their teens out there who are way more mature and wiser than some older adults. I have come across some adults who do act like a child.

However, adults are generally more wiser than people in their teens or twenties, but there are some exceptions.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I personally find that it varies a lot in terms of maturity at various ages.

After reading Outliers, I can't see generalizing statements in the same light anymore (It's actually sometimes annoying).

Like me, for example, I grew up with not much in terms of money and my parents were, up until I was about 13, rarely seen at home with me. I usually went to school, went back home to a relative and stayed there until often 6-9pm. Then go home and sleep. Rinse and repeat. I also was crazy in those days, a rebel. I would say those experiences helped me be more independent as I pretty much had no help at home in terms of teaching me what's right, what's wrong, and how to do this and that.

There's a lot of exceptions like Senators65 said, (not saying I'm one) so you gotta dig really deep into peoples past, how they grew up, their relationships, attitude, surroundings, etc.
It's like looking at a homeless person, and thinking that they are high school dropouts, druggies, alcoholics.
While I'm sure a good percentage of them are, I'm also sure there a quite a few with circumstances that may have been out of their control.

Last edited:

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
25-34, moved to Ontario and became a fan just as the Sens beat NJ for their first series win.
Good times man, good times

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
"Hockeyalltheway":

Thank you for the support Hockeyalltheway as I post on what I see down here in Binghamton. As I have been watching Hockey down here since 1973........

+ hockey gets me out of the house 40 nites a year and keeps me going...............

I have a lot of different interests in my life things I keep up with also.... During Hockey season I put most of them on the back burner till Hockey is over with................

I have been blessed with a lot of good things in my long life.... I have also had to deal with a lot of things that I had no control over that were very bad in my life... My biggest regret is losing my wife to MS at the age of 35 and that we had 3 or 4 miscarriages so no part of her or me will live on, God how I do miss her.... Enough about me as I can tend to ramble on a bit here sometimes and type novels LoL........

I do Not consider myself an expert on Binghamton but I keep a close eye on them + watch all the away games on AHL live...... I post so others here will have an idea on what is going on down in Binghamton.

Too all the young posters here live life to the fullest enjoy every day of it.... Be productive and give of yourself to help those in need as sadly many today are in need..............

Whoa, whoa, hold the phone here. Im pretty sure this needs a little more attention...

I thought that you guys were kidding when you said that Zeke was 90, because that's almost ludicrous, right?

But here is Zeke himself, with a very heart warming post, which seems to confirm the almost unbelievable statement that our board has an (active) 90 year old resident. Im completely shocked, was this common knowledge? Fairly sure I knew that Zeke was up there in age, but 90???

Zeke - really Im not sure what else to say aside from Im very sorry for your loses early in life. If it means anything at all, as a young man (29) myself, I've got nothing but respect and admiration for you, and hope that I can live half a life as fulfilling and active as yours has been.

A 90 year old thats able to blend seamlessly into a board filled with (mostly) 20-somethings and talk hockey is honestly one of the coolest thing I've ever heard.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad