OT: How Old Are You, HFSens?

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
true now, but say im 20 right now cheer for this team and take roughly 9-12 hours a week during every season till im 80 watching this team, and you never got to witness it climax. that adds up to a lot of hours of your life.
Your sort of assuming those hours arnt giving you pleasure in those moments.

Winning a cup would be awesome. But to say not winning one would be a death bed regret is a stretch. Many good things in life.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa

Man, I hate discussions like this cause then I end up realizing that we all die, I try to ignore that fact every day.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Question, Would you feel there was a void/ incomplete feeling in your life, if you died and the sens didn't win a cup?

this is a serious question since its one of my biggest fears in life.

Wow. You live a blessed life then. Be grateful is that is one of your biggest fears.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
true now, but say im 20 right now cheer for this team and take roughly 9-12 hours a week during every season till im 80 watching this team, and you never got to witness it climax. that adds up to a lot of hours of your life.

What happens as you get older is that you start to enjoy the ride as opposed to simply the destination.

I may have been more than a little annoyed about being in the stands for Nyqvist's goal last night but it's not something I'm going to forget anytime soon.

In a few years, I will probably look back fondly upon it.

It's funny how your memories work.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed

While I miss my youthful exuberance when it comes to hockey (except when it comes to hating Montreal) I care a lot more about enjoying the game rather than thinking about that elusive Stanley Cup

Of course the Cup is still the goal but it isn't the reason I watch hockey anymore: I watch hockey because I love the sport and enjoy seeing awesome plays

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Hanging on for dear life to that 18-24 bracket. Don't wanna be a "quarter century" old.. heh.

As to the talk about needing to see a Cup in Ottawa before dying, I used to feel that way as a kid. It's true though, that as you get older, things like that become less significant. Don't get me wrong, it'd be sweet to see, but I've already accepted that it may never even happen.
When it comes to life, every second we're alive is something to be grateful for. We all lose sight of that, including myself. Every emotion we feel, every little ache and pain, hot n cold, etc.. all of it. These are all things that can only be experienced for so long. Enjoy every bit of it while it lasts.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Correct. Honestly, I'm consistently blown away that at 90, Zeke's not only so active on here, but is able to provide more quality analysis than folks half his age.

"Hockeyalltheway":

Thank you for the support Hockeyalltheway as I post on what I see down here in Binghamton. As I have been watching Hockey down here since 1973........

+ hockey gets me out of the house 40 nites a year and keeps me going...............

I have a lot of different interests in my life things I keep up with also.... During Hockey season I put most of them on the back burner till Hockey is over with................

I have been blessed with a lot of good things in my long life.... I have also had to deal with a lot of things that I had no control over that were very bad in my life... My biggest regret is losing my wife to MS at the age of 35 and that we had 3 or 4 miscarriages so no part of her or me will live on, God how I do miss her.... Enough about me as I can tend to ramble on a bit here sometimes and type novels LoL........

I do Not consider myself an expert on Binghamton but I keep a close eye on them + watch all the away games on AHL live...... I post so others here will have an idea on what is going on down in Binghamton.

Too all the young posters here live life to the fullest enjoy every day of it.... Be productive and give of yourself to help those in need as sadly many today are in need..............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad