How often do you watch a nationally televised game when your team is not playing?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I watch hockey every night. Living in the Netherlands and working mostly late shifts, I am up until 7 AM. When my team (Rangers) is not playing, I keep switching back and forth between games.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I have the NHL package through my cable provider so literally every night. Usually watch whatever game is on the Nothing But Chicago Sports Network if it's an East Coast game and then will flip to other games that are on based on how much I like the matchup. Usually when the Central Time Zone games are starting, I find one of the Central Division teams to watch up until the East Coast Games get to the 3rd period and then make my decision based on how close the score is/whichever has less time left. I'd say I catch at least 10 minutes of every game on any given night. Of course, this is all dependent on whether or not the Blues are on. If they are, the channel doesn't get changed until the game is over and then I catch the 2nd and 3rd of the West Coast games.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Not that often anymore. It's boring now.
I sometimes watch the Oilers because of McDavid and Draisaitl but most of the times their games start way too late.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I usually don't watch the national games as they always involve the same few teams.

However I do watch a lot of games on center ice when the Preds aren't playing.

Pick them based on how their game may affect us or if the match-up is decent.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
How often do you watch a nationally televised NHL game when your team is not playing? Or mention if you have the NHL package and watch tons of games--be honest!

Just out of curiosity, if there is a game on NBCSN (or TSN?) how often do you watch the games that are aired?

All the time.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Never because 66% of the game is played by grinders regardless of the team.

I'd watch a lot more out of market hockey if there were only 3 lines.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I don't have cable but I usually watch parts of one or two other games that interest me per week. Usually involves mcdavid or pit

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Quite often because my team is at best, twice on national television. I tend to watch as many Sunday games on NBC as I can.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Almost never. I'm PST so they're often before noon on the weekend and I'm not in the mood for hockey. And on weekdays I usually have other things I'd rather be watching. I do watch other games on CenterIce but that doesn't really count.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
How often do you watch a nationally televised NHL game when your team is not playing? Or mention if you have the NHL package and watch tons of games--be honest!

Just out of curiosity, if there is a game on NBCSN (or TSN?) how often do you watch the games that are aired?

(Do our trade proposals or polls hold any merit/credibility if you aren't able to watch teams consistently?)

I skim through games every night even if my team isn't playing (nhl package). I love hockey so I'll watch anything.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If OP is counting when I am a bar and there is a game on, 3-5 a week. If just at home, honestly, pretty much never unless it's the playoffs, and even then it's highly dependent on who the teams are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad