How often do you watch a nationally televised game when your team is not playing?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
How often do you watch a nationally televised NHL game when your team is not playing? Or mention if you have the NHL package and watch tons of games--be honest!

Just out of curiosity, if there is a game on NBCSN (or TSN?) how often do you watch the games that are aired?

(Do our trade proposals or polls hold any merit/credibility if you aren't able to watch teams consistently?)

UPDATE: Now with playoffs starting, how much will you watch..See post 87.

Last edited:

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Never. The current style of play is boring to watch, so if I don't have an emotional investment in the game, I don't care at all.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I have the TV at least on in the background for 2-3 games a week other then Leafs games. Sometimes more. Basically as many as I can without having game centre/centre ice

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
How often do you watch a nationally televised NHL game when your team is not playing? Or mention if you have the NHL package and watch tons of games--be honest!

Just out of curiosity, if there is a game on NBCSN (or TSN?) how often do you watch the games that are aired?

(Do our trade proposals or polls hold any merit/credibility if you aren't able to watch teams consistently?)

When center ice is free at the start of the year I'll watch alot of games but otherwise they mostly show games with Canadian teams and I don't really like any of them other than the oilers.

I'll watch some games if they happen to be showing 2 teams I wanna watch. (Other than the oiler games obviously )

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Rarely, only if I'm really intrigued by the matchup or really bored. Honestly, I don't even like when the Flyers are on national TV. My Devils fan brother complains that the Devils are only on national TV once or twice a season, and I don't get it.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Usually two games a week but i will never get through an entire game, at most i watch 25 to 30 min of it and the rest of the time its in the backround.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Depends, usually I'll put on NBCSN to kill some time, but I really have absolutely no care about Pittsburgh or Chicago so I'll change it if they're on unless they're playing a team I never get the chance to see.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I love those Bruins matine games. Usually watch at least most of one when I wake up in the morning.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Not very often, only occasionally when there's a game on right after the Leaf game that's an interesting matchup.

For me, 82 games + playoffs + WJC is more than enough hockey to watch in a year.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Spend most of my time studying in my room with whatever game is on streaming in the background that I will watch for 10-15 minute intervals when I need a break. Pretty much see at least ~30-45 minutes of a game every night. Now granted most of those are Leaf games, but so probably around 2-3 times a week.

Other than that, I have many close friends who are Habs/Bruins/Sens fans and when I go grab a beer with them and the Leafs aren't on, it's generally one of those 3 teams.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I used to do it more often and would have Center Ice to watch many other games when the Panthers weren't playing. Now, I just don't have the time with a baby in the house and I don't feel like watching the same six teams that NBCSN shows. I put on the NHL Network on occasion as they surf through different games during the night or to watch highlights.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Rarely, only if I'm really intrigued by the matchup or really bored. Honestly, I don't even like when the Flyers are on national TV. My Devils fan brother complains that the Devils are only on national TV once or twice a season, and I don't get it.

Glad I don't live next to you guys...:laugh::laugh:

I watch maybe once a week, takes a couple minutes to get into a game though...

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If it's on and I'm home I'll usually have it on and half pay attention to it. I'm more apt to tune into an Eastern Conference game just to check those teams out since I see enough of the Western Conference teams playing the Wild.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I have the NHL package and watch a ton of games. I don't have a favorite team. I have favorite teams and follow them for different reasons. But I have no problem watching any two teams on any given night. My biggest prerequisite is that at least one of the teams I am watching is fighting for a playoff spot.

Tonight, I'll be switching the TV back and forth between the Pitt and Philly games. And everything else I will be switching back and forth on the lap top. Great hockey night.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
I have NHL.TV (without cable) so I am much more able to watch out of town games than I am my own Leaf games.

With that said, I typically have a game on everynight. The level of direct attention I give a game definitely various based on who is playing and how close/intense it is.

I admit, I have watched a lot of Jets games this year to see Laine play. Mostly because I want an unbiased opinion on him compared to Leaf players. The Jets are fun to watch.

I also like to watch Vancouver play as I have a friend who likes the team, so I want to be as up-to-date and relevant as I can when we talk about the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad