How often do you watch a nationally televised game when your team is not playing?

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
HNIC is always nice to watch, otherwise just whenever Toronto or Montreal are playing. Playoffs i'll watch most every game I can

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Had Center Ice until last year. Dropped it because there is essentially a national game every night when the Bruins aren't playing.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I've got a few tv series that I watch. If they conflict with a national broadcast of a game that doesn't feature my team, I'm typically picking my show instead.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Will have it on in the background at the very least.

Try to watch all of them

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I watch at least one game every night.

As someone who oft gets accused on HFNYR about "not watching the games", I'd all but guarantee I watch more hockey than 95% of the board's regulars.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Because of the direction of the sport, I don't anymore. Not a fan of finesse hockey. It lacks intensity.

Phil Kessels Hot Dog

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton in 5
I have GCL and it's on probably 6 nights a week. If the Pens aren't playing (or playing a crap team) I'll just pick whatever match up interests me the most.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
It takes me a while to come around. Let me explain.

I don't watch other teams while the Panthers are in the hunt. Once I decide they are incapable of making the playoffs I spend a couple weeks moping around not watching any hockey.

Then I decide that I'll just watch Panther game to see what happens.....with no expectations. After another week, I'll start flipping around to the games that are close or about to go into OT, as the playoffs near I start learning about the PO teams story lines so I can be prepared for the first round.

After the first round, I'll watch the series that is most compelling in each round.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Now that the playoffs will start tonight, how much playoff hockey do you watch? Since playoff hockey>regular season I like to watch a lot of hockey. Most of the games will be televised...some double headers (can suck)--example being MIN vs STL starting at 8:30 central time..

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
How often do you watch a nationally televised NHL game when your team is not playing? Or mention if you have the NHL package and watch tons of games--be honest!

Just out of curiosity, if there is a game on NBCSN (or TSN?) how often do you watch the games that are aired?

(Do our trade proposals or polls hold any merit/credibility if you aren't able to watch teams consistently?)

I do not have cable television, I have a roku so I used to subscribe to the NHL package through their roku app. This season though, after 35 games I was only able to get 15 of the 35 because the games were blacked out because they either were on NHL network or NBC. I made the decision that it was not worth the money that I was paying. Almost every night on the roku NHL app there is a free game so I would just watch whatever the free game was so during the season I watched a game other than my team at least twice a week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad