Proposal: How much would the Caps have to give up to get McDavid?

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Exactly...

Only way in hell he’s traded is if he forces his way out. Then we trade him for a young 1C + 1d ++. Eg. Eichel + Dahlin +, Mack + Makar, Petterson + Hughes +... you get the point.
I certainly wouldn’t trade Mack and Makar for Mcdavid and I don’t think any of these other teams would either. I don’t see the point in giving up a franchise d and c for a player who might get you an extra 10-20 points than the center your going to give up not to mention the cap hit. No thank you.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This is the best offer I could make

Kuznetsov
Carlson
Samsonov
Vrana
2021 1st
2022 1st

for

McDavid
Neal

still doesn’t do it...

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
There is no trade involving McDavid that would be accepted.

Either it would be SO unbalanced in Edmonton's favor that they literally couldn't say no which would then mean that the trading team is so gutted that they are worse even though they landed McDavid or the trade isn't enticing to Edmonton. You can have an academic discussion to try to figure his value... but in terms of actually laying out a deal... for Edmonton to accept, it has to be completely untenable for the other team. For the other team to accept, there is no chance that the Oilers have remote interest.

Reactions: ivanlwan and Petrus

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Mackinnon has more value then McDavid....he makes 6 million more a year to put up 10 more points maybe.
You know if you trying to prove yr point at least make it sound justified . All your doing is trolling that's pretty clear.maybe 10 more points has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever read on this site

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
You know if you trying to prove yr point at least make it sound justified . All your doing is trolling that's pretty clear.maybe 10 more points has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever read on this site
He had 4 more points this season..

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
McDavid is the best player in the league.

Mackinnon is not that far behind and his contract makes their value very close. Either one of them can be the best player on the ice against any team or each other.

The difference between them is sure as hell not a potential 1D like Makar just like the difference between Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin isn't a 1D.

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
These threads never work.

This makes Washington a much worse hockey team and makes Edmonton MUCH better.

They're getting a #1C, #1W, #1D and #1G all for just a ,(very very good) #1C...

Yet both teams still likely say no because the best player in the world is involved.

That's why players like McDavid never get traded.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It is tho because a lot of other players bring more value for their contract especially Mackinnon you can almost fit Mackinnon, Slavin and Paryanko for the price of McDavid.

Why don't you go do a poll and see who these entire boards think is the most valuable piece in the NHL. I'm willing to be close to 90% pick McDavid

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers should do the right thing and trade mcdavid. Dont waste his prime years making him carry a bad team year after year. Fans deserve to see a generational player reach his potential and witness his great achievements with a better team. Oilers had many chance to provide good team for mcdavid, and it didnt happen.

Poster above suggested a trade with nyr for conversation purposes.

Oilers should think about the offers like lafreniere + kakko + k. miller ++

Actually oilers would be more balance and bit better with the players theyll be getting in the Long run from offers like that

Also laf- drai - kakko would be great to watch while nyr will have mcdavid- zib down the middle with wingers like panarin, chytil, buch,

I am one of the few Oilers fan That would consider trading McDavid . I love the player and the fact Edmonton has him but the team is so unbalanced. D looks worst then it is because we have no true stud number 1 D .

I do think the NYR fan offer is more then fair but Miller and Fox would have to be flipped again . Forwards would be a little different then you posted . Even with such a return we would still need a number 1 D and 3C and a winger or 2 for RNH and that’s what we need now . So why do it . We know Fox forced his way out of 2 teams already so he isn’t going to want to stay in Edmonton . We get a future number 1 goalie but goalies are available . Extra firsts are nice but they would be late . All in all a fair offer but it doesn’t make the Oilers a contender . So it is an easy pass .

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Why don't you go do a poll and see who these entire boards think is the most valuable piece in the NHL. I'm willing to be close to 90% pick McDavid
It doesn’t matter who they pick anyone who thinks McDavid is worth 6 million more then Mackinnon is clueless as far as I’m concerned

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
if i was edmonton and was shopping mcdavid, unfortunately washington just isnt a good match. the asking price in my mind would be a legit stud (younger then carlson) no. 1 defenseman, a legit goalie, a legit 3rd line center, and a legit 3 to 6 defenseman with some snarl. and edmondton would have to add a little. not saying it would happen but look at columbus, korpisalo or merzlikins, both have a chance of being top ten goalies but its a chance, werenski, dave savard, boone jenner,and odds and ends for mcdavid. so say,

joonas korpisalo
zach werenski
dave savard
boone jenner
+ picks/other pieces

for

connor mcdavid
oscar klefbom
+pick/ other pieces?

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
These trade proposal are useless, it could make sense if McDavid would be 29 and the oilers had a shitty team with no farm.

23 year old, best player in the world who hasn't reached his peak... why would any team trade that?
Best player in the world? He’s not even the best player on his team.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Washington would be absolutely stupid to make this trade. This would make the capitals the worst team in the NHL McDavid is so overrated. Mackinnon with his contract>>>>>McDavid and it’s not even debatable. This trade would probably win the oilers 3-4 Stanley cups and go down as the best sports team ever assembled in professional sports history yet the oilers decline. Factor in the oilers will probably land a 1st overall pick with one of those and Shane Write will be better then McDavid.
Why then have the Caps not won cup after cup??

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Two issues:

A. Edmonton wouldn't want to move him because it would kill the fan base. 8-9 k in attendance. Even Oilers fans here said they would be done if McDavid wasn't on the team.

B. It's not worth it for other teams to gut their team for one player. This isn't the N.B.A. where one player puts a team in championship contention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad