Proposal: How much would the Caps have to give up to get McDavid?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
So Oveckin, Backstrom, Oshie is that much worse than Draisaitl, Yamamoto and Nuge that it has cost the Caps 2-3 Cups??
The oilers also are getting great prospects with those picks and have 2 dman stepping into the NHL soon in Bouchard and Broberg

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Would this be enough
To Edm
- Samsonov
- McMichael
- Kuznetsov
- Vrana
- Carlson
- 1st 2020
- 1st 2021

??
To Wsh

Do the Oilers take this?

The only way they'd consider it is if Ovi was 10 years younger. Even then, I don't believe they would.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Yes it is. Caps don’t have the assets to get McDavid in a realistic trade
And this Caps fan is fine with that. The Caps and their fans have been spoiled to be an audience for one of the greatest to ever lace them up. Let’s let the Oilers have One nice thing.

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
The oilers also are getting great prospects with those picks and have 2 dman stepping into the NHL soon in Bouchard and Broberg
Wait, is this not the year the Oilers are winning the Cup. I’m sure I heard that from multiple Oiler fans when they MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

Here’s the thing, McDavid makes you TOO GOOD to draft in the Lottery but NOT GOOD ENOUGH to win anything. Where the chips fall from there is beyond anyone’s control. If you’re lucky McDavid wins it all once, if you’re unlucky McDavid is just another Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, etc. ad Infinitum. I get it he’s Canada’s native son, but as of today he’s just as much a loser as so many before him.

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I certainly wouldn’t trade Mack and Makar for Mcdavid and I don’t think any of these other teams would either. I don’t see the point in giving up a franchise d and c for a player who might get you an extra 10-20 points than the center your going to give up not to mention the cap hit. No thank you.
And after all that, Colorado will be lucky if they even make the true Best-Of-Seven even with Mack and Makar.

She’s a beautiful serendipity, best to enjoy her.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yes it is. Caps don’t have the assets to get McDavid in a realistic trade

You said "They could give up their whole team and it wouldn't be enough". I think if the Caps decided to trade literally their entire franchise, they might be able to have enough value to pull McDavid.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You said "They could give up their whole team and it wouldn't be enough". I think if the Caps decided to trade literally their entire franchise, they might be able to have enough value to pull McDavid.
This isn't a EASports game.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Wait, is this not the year the Oilers are winning the Cup. I’m sure I heard that from multiple Oiler fans when they MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

Here’s the thing, McDavid makes you TOO GOOD to draft in the Lottery but NOT GOOD ENOUGH to win anything. Where the chips fall from there is beyond anyone’s control. If you’re lucky McDavid wins it all once, if you’re unlucky McDavid is just another Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, etc. ad Infinitum. I get it he’s Canada’s native son, but as of today he’s just as much a loser as so many before him.
I agree 100% that’s why I think they’d be stupid to turn down an offer like this.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
But I learned Vrana is the next Draisaitl in another thread. How could the Oilers pass?!? :sarcasm:

imagine giving up this haul for Mcdavid, but completely lowball by offering Kuznetsov + Vrana for Matthews in another

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The value in OP is absolutely ridiculous and with some cap tweaks to make it fit for the Oilers they would be giant fools to turn down that haul from a pure hockey perspective. But from a marketing perspective McDavid is more than just a hockey player.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I agree 100% that’s why I think they’d be stupid to turn down an offer like this.
This deal would never happen. Not because Edmonton would say no, but because Washington would never make the offer to begin with. You know who would be stupid to make a trade like this? The team trying to grab McDavid.

When asking a ridiculous question, don't be surprised when you get a ridiculous answer.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think the point I was getting at flew right over your head but that’s ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad