How much smaller are you wearing you skates?

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'm a 9.5 shoe.

My last pair of Bauer XXXXs were an 8.0D but when I switched to the X:60 in September I ended up buying a 7.5D. They're snug but I'm not growing anymore and I'm happy with the better fit.

cmdrdredd

Feb 17, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Old thread but I just got fitted for some new skates this weekend. My first time buying a mid-high end skate. I wear an 8 shoe if I buy it to fit. I usually buy my shoes larger for comfort (I'm on my feet all day). I ended up with a CCM U+ Pro Reloaded in 6.5D. I might have used an E but I did a bit of molding with my hands when the boot was baked to work in the pressure points and worked on tying my skates differently. Not quite like a glove yet, need some more ice time.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
12 shoe and 10 skate. Honestly, my foot has a little bit of wiggle room inside my skate and I can probably wear a size 9.5. The only reason I went with the 10 was because my old skates (which were some cheap pair from a thrift store for $30) were 9.5 and pinched my toes so I figured I'd go up a size. Now there's a little bit of space at my toes but I'm happy with it like that.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
I wear a 10 shoe, always get them a little bit big due to a wide foot.

Recently ordered full custom Vapor X60s and ended up with a 7 on the right and a 7 1/4 on the left.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
am I wrong in my thinking that a kids 5 is really small? Maybe I'm just thinking in terms of shoes, kids shoes are tiny but a men's shoe has a really big sole by comparison. Gotta be it.

Yes and no.

It's down about 2 sizes from my shoe size, but the biggest difference is the fact that kids skates are a lot softer. I pay extra to have them customized and built up.

cmdrdredd

Feb 17, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Yes and no.

It's down about 2 sizes from my shoe size, but the biggest difference is the fact that kids skates are a lot softer. I pay extra to have them customized and built up.

Ahh I see. I think when I break my CCM U+ Pros down I'm gonna go custom for my next skate. Spend the bucks and get it done up to match my feet as best as can be. These should last me a while, I'm not really hard on them and don't play in a competitive league.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Ahh I see. I think when I break my CCM U+ Pros down I'm gonna go custom for my next skate. Spend the bucks and get it done up to match my feet as best as can be. These should last me a while, I'm not really hard on them and don't play in a competitive league.

I used to have a hell of a time with skates, when I played AAA I had to have two pairs of top end skates at the begining of the year and usually by the end of it they were trashed. A lot of it was because of the size of my feet and the way that I play. I still play like that, but now I'm only on the ice 3-4 times a week versus the 6-7 times a week when i was younger. My dad finally decided it was time for me to get customized skates and these have lasted me almost 3 years.

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
I used to have a hell of a time with skates, when I played AAA I had to have two pairs of top end skates at the begining of the year and usually by the end of it they were trashed. A lot of it was because of the size of my feet and the way that I play. I still play like that, but now I'm only on the ice 3-4 times a week versus the 6-7 times a week when i was younger. My dad finally decided it was time for me to get customized skates and these have lasted me almost 3 years.

You're on the ice 3-4 times a week living in Mexico??

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
You're on the ice 3-4 times a week living in Mexico??

They have an ice rink there, granted it is in the mall. :laugh:

I'm helping with some of the hockey programs down here, starting with the young'ins, though there are enough Ex-pats here that we play some pick up games. Having it in a mall is great since the kids all stop and watch and then become interested.

fotoa0132wq1.jpg

Hfboards2010

Jan 5, 2010
Micron Mega 10-90
Size: 9D (Owned)

Graf 705
Size: 9R (Tried, great fit)

Bauer Supreme One75
Size: 9D (Recently bought, would have likely fit in an 8.5)

Boots (Shoes)
Size: 10.5 (9.5-10.5)

Last edited:

RaoulDuke2k

Aug 13, 2008
I wear a 10 shoe (depending on the brand) but went for a 7.5 in the X60's - the toe and forefoot are roomy in that skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad