How much smaller are you wearing you skates?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Shoe size is US women's 10. Currently have Bauer Vapors in 8.0R; I wear thick socks so my feet don't freeze though. Could probably do a 7.5 or 7 without the thick socks.

matix218

Dec 18, 2013
8.5-9 shoe (depending on brand).

Currently in 7D Bauer Vapor X:60s (from when they were the top skate)
Also have a bnib pair of X7.0s in the same size for when the X:60s die.

matix218

Dec 18, 2013
8.5 shoe

5.5 EE Vapor XXX, XXXX

5.0 EE One95

Do you wear your shoes really big? I'm asking this bevause I wear my shoes on the snug side and I am an 8.5-9 and I wear a 7D vapor. I could possibly drop down to a 6.5 but it would cramp the toes more than I would be comfortable with. But a 5.5?? I dont see you you could get your foot into a junior skate with an 8.5 shoe size without intense pain and toe crushing??

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Here's a video that shows you how to check your size at home. It's not perfect, but it's a place to start. There's also here's a link to the sizing charts that go along with the video. http://www.hockeytutorial.com/uncategorized/ice-hockey-skate-sizing-chart-width-and-length/

Thanks for the link.

I'm not one for asking for help when shopping, bought a pair that just felt right to walk around the store aisle in (CT). Probably let my shoe size influence the choice. Took the new skates for a try after not doing it for 15 years and it went super bad. Pain in my arches almost immediately and unbearable after 1o minutes. Like almost make a grown man cry pain.

Is it normal to feel this arch pain/cramping in the beginning? Never happened as a kid (played til the end of Bantam) Guessing the arch support is in the wrong place because to make the width comfortable I got the skates too long. Would appreciate anyone's input, feel like an idiot for asking,

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I wear around a size 9 shoe. Some brands I fit 8.5.

I wear a 6 Bauer skate. 7.0LEs, haven't seen too many around

Am met with laugher/bewilderment when teammates find out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad