How many Trophies do City win this season?

How many trophies do City win?

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They’ll win the league and the EFL and no one will care.

it’ll come down to UCL, and if they don’t win this year, maybe they never will.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why where are they going?
I mean they finally made it to the semi for the first time in their history and pretty much everything has broken right for them. They are the favorites, but historically they are not a good European team. Just saying if they can’t win this year with everything lined up for them, they have bigger problems. Never know if they will be as good as they as this season

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean they finally made it to the semi for the first time in their history and pretty much everything has broken right for them. They are the favorites, but historically they are not a good European team. Just saying if they can’t win this year with everything lined up for them, they have bigger problems. Never know if they will be as good as they as this season
They’ll have as good a chance as anyone next year. I’m surprised some people think they will just fold year after year. I don’t see them going anywhere any time soon.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Second time. They miraculously beat PSG in the QF years back.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They’ll have as good a chance as anyone next year. I’m surprised some people think they will just fold year after year. I don’t see them going anywhere any time soon.
No one said that they are going to fold. Anything can happen year to year. They set the bar very high. No guarantee they are going to walk it next year either. Especially in Europe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No one said they’re walking with anything but they’ll compete and they’re here to stay. The money isn’t drying up any time soon and neither is their interest in winning.

I think epl fans should get accustomed to it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Second time. They miraculously beat PSG in the QF years back.
That’s right. Forgive me. Was paying more attention to the Europa League that season - Europa League was incredible that year. Wasn’t that Pellegrini though?

Even so Man City has lost to many teams that they shouldn’t have at the Quarterfinal stage under Pep. They were favorites to advance against Monaco in 2017, Liverpool in 2018, Tottenham in 2019 and Lyon last year. This year thy barely got past a very flawed Dortmund team.

No one said they’re walking with anything but they’ll compete and they’re here to stay. The money isn’t drying up any time soon and neither is their interest in winning.

I think epl fans should get accustomed to it.

PL fans are accustomed to it. It’s been like that especially since Pep took over.

Man City under Pep have certainly been the best PL team during that time period but it simply has not translated to Europe. Doesn’t mean that it won’t happen, but it hasn’t happened yet and isn’t a guarantee.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nothing is guaranteed but X team never winning something is a bold statement. I’m sure ive had this talk with someone else but never is a long time lol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
HFboards fans in usual years : yeah it's always the same teams, it's too bad.
Hfboards fans this year : nah, I wont watch it. Not interesting. My team got eliminated.

I've never complained about the same teams being in there. I watch the CL SF every year since I can remember so it has nothing to do with my team getting eliminated, because they definitely haven't been there every year. It has everything to do with me being bored by these teams. Its also frankly been a struggle to watch these games without fans for so long and I'm not sure I'll watch the Euros either unless there's something different there. Some of the passion of the game is gone and everyone can see it in some of the performances over the last months. And my point is that you also won't see me for one second complain about the games being boring or the players diving or about who wins or any of that stuff. Congrats to whoever wins. I also think a lot more people should take this approach given some of their more miserable comments about other teams on this forum.

Why people who complain about the other teams they watch every week continue to watch them is baffling to me.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nothing is guaranteed but X team never winning something is a bold statement. I’m sure ive had this talk with someone else but never is a long time lol
Never is certainly a long time. I was definitely speaking with some hyperbole when I said that though Being cliche. Don’t think City is under any voodoo; just saying that this year is their best shot since the season they got 100 points and LFC knocked them out. But yes City will always have a high bar for themselves because of there success

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Its also frankly been a struggle to watch these games without fans for so long and I'm not sure I'll watch the Euros either unless there's something different there. Some of the passion of the game is gone and everyone can see it in some of the performances over the last months

The novelty of football simply being back is starting to wear off, I definitely feel that. Really excited for when stadiums can be full again, hopefully, that's sooner than later.

Still going to keep watching just based on the distraction it provides from the real world.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They definitely will win the league. Should win the the FA Cup and League Cup. Ill go with three. Who knows about the champions league. Still waiting for Pep to do something bizarre,

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They definitely will win the league. Should win the the FA Cup and League Cup. Ill go with three. Who knows about the champions league. Still waiting for Pep to do something bizarre,
Well Pep did give Steffen the start today in the FA Cup semis and they lost.... So there goes one of the trophies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Well Pep did give Steffen the start today in the FA Cup semis and they lost.... So there goes one of the trophies.
I totally missed that, thought it was tomorrow. Been a busy week :laugh:. I was thinking more of the lines of how he played Laporte at left back a few years ago against Liverpool with Salah on the wing, or playing a back three against Neymar, Messi, and Suarez when he was with Bayern.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've never complained about the same teams being in there. I watch the CL SF every year since I can remember so it has nothing to do with my team getting eliminated, because they definitely haven't been there every year. It has everything to do with me being bored by these teams. Its also frankly been a struggle to watch these games without fans for so long and I'm not sure I'll watch the Euros either unless there's something different there. Some of the passion of the game is gone and everyone can see it in some of the performances over the last months. And my point is that you also won't see me for one second complain about the games being boring or the players diving or about who wins or any of that stuff. Congrats to whoever wins. I also think a lot more people should take this approach given some of their more miserable comments about other teams on this forum.

Why people who complain about the other teams they watch every week continue to watch them is baffling to me.
You probably didn't watch the Bayern/PSG games because they were all but boring.
The Liverpool/Real games were a bore though no doubt, as were the Chelsea/Porto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad