Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I was thinking about the coaches last night. Isn't it a bench minor ,misconduct or fine for the LA coach to go in front of his players to engage with the ref?

Sometimes I wish Knoblauch was more vocal. Our players are being hauled down and cheap shotted. I think Paul Coffey would be. It'd be good to see that from the coach though

Reactions: McDoused

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I was thinking about the coaches last night. Isn't it a bench minor ,misconduct or fine for the LA coach to go in front of his players to engage with the ref?

Sometimes I wish Knoblauch was more vocal. Our players are being hauled down and cheap shotted. I think Paul Coffey would be. It'd be good to see that from the coach though
I'd rather have a coach that is composed and methodical, rather than blowing up all game like Hiller was. The players play on the ice reflects the coach, theres a reason the Kings were so undisciplined.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
“Waaaaah it’s not fair that you punt our team even more when you’re already kicking our ass as a result of our team playing like a bunch of punks”

The “waaaah you put your top players out not fair” is by far, hands down, the biggest “I’m a f***ing loser” complaint anyone could possibly make.
I read one that was hilarious. Basically it called us the p***yes of North America and we wouldn’t be trying that shit in LA or else
Yes, LA , the melting pot of shit

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'd rather have a coach that is composed and methodical, rather than blowing up all game like Hiller was. The players play on the ice reflects the coach, theres a reason the Kings were so undisciplined.
Exactly. He was acting like the Oilers weren’t completely pumping them before the kings lost their minds and it became a penalty fest. Now go watch the Kings post game. They are actually convinced that is why they lost. The coach cant point the finger and himself so why would the players.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Yep, Clouder does the small things that helps out in a big way that fans don't notice. I could've recalled he matched up well against Eichel's line last year when both players and their lines were on the ice against each other in the VGK series too. If he can chip in a bit more offensively, he's the perfect 3C this team has been looking for.

Yep, while he did a good job covering a ton of ice allowing Kane and Perry to play their game, adding Foegele to his line lets the two of them focus on what they do best: hounding the puck across the full 200ft of the ice. LA struggled all night to get moving north against those two.

Admittingly it results in the two of them getting blinders, but that's far more excusable when they're playing with Perry vs. Drai or McDavid.

But more importantly, it gives you two lines in the bottom 6 that basically do the same thing:
McLeod and Foegele/Janmark and Holloway pressure the puck, while Perry/Carrick do the little things in the background(RE: get under the skin of the Kings). I feel bad for Brown and Ryan, but I'm not sure how you sit anyone at the moment.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

It’s also an automatic 2 minute penalty to rip a players helmet off but the Kings did it three times to oilers players in game 2. There’s a different set of rules for LA in the playoffs it seems.

Who was Leon talking to?
I believe it was Kopitar who was crying about his bloody lip going to the penalty box after the scrum and Kane fight.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
RDT_20240427_1448117760343540828779596.jpg

Can we please cut Skinner? Lol. Sportsnet is so amateurish.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kane rightfully getting a lot of praise, but lets not forget in the commotion how good Drai was tonight. Easily the best player on the ice through 40, what a game from him.
Lol at easily.
Case can easily be made for McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane, Hyman and Skinner.

Reactions: McDoused and guymez

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yep, while he did a good job covering a ton of ice allowing Kane and Perry to play their game, adding Foegele to his line lets the two of them focus on what they do best: hounding the puck across the full 200ft of the ice. LA struggled all night to get moving north against those two.

Admittingly it results in the two of them getting blinders, but that's far more excusable when they're playing with Perry vs. Drai or McDavid.

But more importantly, it gives you two lines in the bottom 6 that basically do the same thing:
McLeod and Foegele/Janmark and Holloway pressure the puck, while Perry/Carrick do the little things in the background(RE: get under the skin of the Kings). I feel bad for Brown and Ryan, but I'm not sure how you sit anyone at the moment.
I agree about the lineup. Hard to justify pulling anyone out. The only way I see it is if they go up by two games. Someone can come out for Brown for a game. If it keeps going back and forth though, I like who they've been icing. Perry is the definition of savvy vet play and that's huge in the post season.

Reactions: McDoused

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
You know what the absolute amazing thing is…Perry did not wind up on the penalty sheet and he’s not shy to get in there and start shit.

Nah, Perry is honestly generationally talented in terms of games man ship. You'll never see him lose the plot, honestly I think he did yeoman's work last night in keeping the group focused.

Perry knew that the kings were going to blow the lid off the game and he made sure the Oilers stayed calm, composed, and rational. In years past - a younger and more emotional oilers lose the plot after that Englund hit. We take that invitation to the streets and we go looking for our pound of flesh, and who knows what happens after that.

Instead - we had the refs primed. Perry initiated not one but three (!!!) one on one chats with the refs with Kane in the second period. And then the roof blows off and that did we do? Calm. Composed. Desharnais is out there minimizing flights and holding people back. Not for a second were we anywhere mentally aside from "we've got a game to win."

We played this exact same game against the knights last year and lost. We got pulled into the streets and forgot about what was important. Lost our heads. Got a few extra two minute penalties. Suddenly a game we should have room we lost. This year - we turned the kings into the court jesters.

I think Perry deserves a ton of credit, tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad