How many pieces away are we?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
one day very soon.

we've got our Doughty right here right now.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I tell you what would be nice, it'd be nice for the leafs to actually have a full on proper superstar

Seems unfair that the pens have 2 100 point plus guys and letang etc

We need that proper guy to build around

Hopefully Reilly or Gardner become a defensive star, I like what I see in them

But a nice guaranteed bone fide PPG creative 2 way centre would do wonders for the leafs the kinda guy that every other team would covet

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Leafs are one of 3 or 4 teams that has two bona fide PPG players.

Penalty Kill Icing*

With our puck possession numbers, this team will fall out of playoff race the day our team save % goes outside of top 8-10. [it is 4th right now]

And with 2 rather unproven (as in neither is a sureshot #1) goalies, I don't think it is too unrealistic if one claims that goaltending would regress.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
....and kadri is just a shade under PPG the last two years, in limited minutes. Leafs might legitimately have 3 PPG players on their roster right now. PIT's probably the only other team that can say that, though I don't know how legit Kunitz and Neal are without Crosby and malkin.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
....and kadri is just a shade under PPG the last two years, in limited minutes. Leafs might legitimately have 3 PPG players on their roster right now. PIT's probably the only other team that can say that, though I don't know how legit Kunitz and Neal are without Crosby and malkin.

I'd say 4. JVR looks ready to burst then you got Fruit Loops, Kadri and Kessel. 2 proven ppg players in Lupes and Kess and 2 others with very high ceilings. So stoked! :yo:

Penalty Kill Icing*

I'd say 4. JVR looks ready to burst then you got Fruit Loops, Kadri and Kessel. 2 proven ppg players in Lupes and Kess and 2 others with very high ceilings. So stoked! :yo:

Categorizing JvR as a PPG player would be bit of a stretch.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
With our puck possession numbers, this team will fall out of playoff race the day our team save % goes outside of top 8-10. [it is 4th right now]

And with 2 rather unproven (as in neither is a sureshot #1) goalies, I don't think it is too unrealistic if one claims that goaltending would regress.

Career:

J.Bernier (25): .916sv% (AHL: .927sv%)
J.Reimer (25): .915sv% (AHL: .920sv%)

~.916 team sv% is usually good for top-10 in any given year, and these two young goalies seem to be improving each year, not regressing.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Career:

J.Bernier (25): .916sv% (AHL: .927sv%)
J.Reimer (25): .915sv% (AHL: .920sv%)

~.916 team sv% is usually good for top-10 in any given year, and these two young goalies seem to be improving each year, not regressing.

Goalies have .931 sv% in our season thus far. Way above their career average. Again as I said, even with taking imporvement into account, it is still reasonable to expect that number to go down.

Not that I want them to go down. Point is (as originally stated), if team doesn't pick it up, position in standings will likely get worse than better.

Also, ~.916 might not be good enough with the record number of shots that leafs allow.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
habs fan here. Wow, on paper and on the ice your team is amazing. Such a group of young guys, I think your gm has done his homework. Unlike the habs, leafs give more opportunities to youngsters. Habs certainly do with eller, galchenyuk,subban, pacioretty (who took many years to develop) and etc but its something recent. Im really like your roster, a few years ago I thought the leafs were done for a long period of time.

Beside Orr And Mcclement there are no 30 year old guy in your roster, thats simply unbelievable.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Our forward depth has improved over the past season, but we still need some changes in order to get to cup contender status. IMO,

1. We need an upgrade on Bozak and get an actual 1C.
2. We should consider replacing Orr, for someone who can be relied upon for more than just fighting.
3. We need to solidify our d-corps, and have 3 dmen that we can rely on heavily on each defensive pairing.
4. Any players that seem to be prone to getting injured, and whose injury problems persist, we need to consider trading them for someone of similar impact and is more durable.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Our forward depth has improved over the past season, but we still need some changes in order to get to cup contender status. IMO,

1. We need an upgrade on Bozak and get an actual 1C.
2. We should consider replacing Orr, for someone who can be relied upon for more than just fighting.
3. We need to solidify our d-corps, and have 3 dmen that we can rely on heavily on each defensive pairing.
4. Any players that seem to be prone to getting injured, and whose injury problems persist, we need to consider trading them for someone of similar impact and is more durable.

In other words, get rid of some guys who aren't very valuable, and replace them with guys who are better. Gee, why didn't I think of that.

:yo:

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I really hope Petter Granberg becomes a RH Carl Gunnarsson. That would be perfect for the future.

Dion - Gunnar
Rielly - Granberg
Gardiner - Franson

What Granberg's scouting report says

A defensive defender with very good size, Granberg has both strong defensive acumen and can chip in with some offense from time to time with a strong first-pass. He plays a very smart defensive game and is rarely caught out of position. Does a very good job containing opposition forwards in the defensive zone due to his large wing span and body position. Compared in style to current Maple Leaf defender Carl Gunnarsson, Granberg is said to have a bit more of a physical edge to his game. He is expected to become an even more dominant defender as he matures.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
A #1 centre (which may eventually be Kadri) and a #2D (which may eventually be Rielly).

If they pan out and Bernier becomes the starter, our 1C, 1D and 1G will be # 43, 44, and 45.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Trade Lupes while his stock is still high.

What we need -
1. #1 C (Sorry Kads ain't cutting it so far)
2. #2 RHD (Girardi-type/Bogo would do nicely)
3. Elite two-way wingers (Sharp/Hossa mold)

Get these and we are on our way. Role players are a blessing, I want Komarov back so badly he brought heart and grit on the ice. 100% every shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad