How many of you guys are Goalies?

goaliecrease

Jul 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
www.goaliecrease.net
what made you guys wanna be goalie? to me that is a huge decision when you are first starting out...

i wanted to ever since being a kid, but it was too expensive. could never afford it. so at 31 years of age i started out. now i'm on two teams, have a goalie coach and run a goalie community www.goaliecrease.net . When I get in to things, I really get in to them.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Goalie here as well...toiling away in the beer leagues for years and loving every minute of it!

H

Not Threadworthy

Aug 23, 2010
Not where I wanna be
Started playing goalie in my 20s when nobody wanted to play. They even gave me the gear, and I loved it. Haven't played in 7 years , but really want to get back into it. Also play out as well, but nothing is better than making that great save.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I never played hockey before college 5 years ago, one day a friend of mine tells me his intramural team needs a goalie...why not? I think I probably let in at least 12 goals that game but it was the best workout I've ever had. $1300 in gear later, I probably should have played basketball:laugh:

Seriously...I try to play a few times a month, it's difficult because my city is a hockey wasteland, but it's incredible exercise and I wouldn't trade it for the world

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Another target over here....I always loved the position and played it when I was a kid, after freshman year of high school I stoped playing hockey (was in other winter sports and couldn't do both and hockey was a bit pricey) I always wanted to go back between the pipes.

Last year (a few years after college) I picked up some used gear and alternate between forward and net depending on which skate I'm at (I'm in 3-5 different skates a week). The only frustrating thing is that I am not nearly as flexible as I was when I was in high school.

mbhhofr

Dec 7, 2010
Las Vegas
So what do you guys do in the summertime? Join a Carnival, stick your head through a hole in the tent and have people throw baseballs at you? :)

tdunks

Sep 8, 2007
Im one. Havent played in nearly 2 years due to a string of injuries (bad back injury then a real bad high ankle sprain in other sports) and then college just kind of took over. I really need to get back into come pickup, although I am the trainer/ goalie coach for two teams.

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
LOL, healthcare, move to canada. ;)

even with all it's warts and blemishes i love my country, if one is honest, no country is without them (and yes I know you were joking)

with that said, Canada is only a 20 minute drive from my house and even closer to my office....:sarcasm:

I actually wish my boss would let me rearange my work schedule again this year so that I could skate in Fort Erie again this winter. I loved playing net in those skates.

At the one skate there were a couple draft eligable players that made me feel like I was tending a soccer goal during warmups. Somehow when the skate started I kept getting just enough of the puck (the one kid was visibly pissed) :yo:....It was pure luck, but I needed a bigger helmet (egotistically speaking of course) for the next skate, which is where my actual skill/luck level returned :laugh:

goaliecrease

Jul 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
www.goaliecrease.net
even with all it's warts and blemishes i love my country, if one is honest, no country is without them (and yes I know you were joking)

with that said, Canada is only a 20 minute drive from my house and even closer to my office....:sarcasm:

I actually wish my boss would let me rearange my work schedule again this year so that I could skate in Fort Erie again this winter. I loved playing net in those skates.

At the one skate there were a couple draft eligable players that made me feel like I was tending a soccer goal during warmups. Somehow when the skate started I kept getting just enough of the puck (the one kid was visibly pissed) :yo:....It was pure luck, but I needed a bigger helmet (egotistically speaking of course) for the next skate, which is where my actual skill/luck level returned :laugh:

I didn't know NY came up that high. I thought Vermont was in the way. ;) Wait that's Massivetwo****s in the way.. I dunno my eastern seaboard at all.

GoalieMel33

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, QC
I am. But nothing serious, not a part of any team. I do play as a rent-a-goalie though whenever a team needs me. Mostly floor hockey and sometimes ice.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
I happen to tend goal. I know I'm get a lot of flak for this, but Rick DiPietro was my inspiration/idol. Keep in mind this was before he turned into an injury machine.

I've played goalie since I was 6, so I've been playing goal for about 9 years. I really wanna go to Cornell for college, and hockey, since it's so close to home, and also I can study. That will probably be the closest to the big leagues that I get, but I think with a couple of birthday wishes and hard work, anythings possible.

goaliecrease

Jul 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
www.goaliecrease.net
I happen to tend goal. I know I'm get a lot of flak for this, but Rick DiPietro was my inspiration/idol. Keep in mind this was before he turned into an injury machine.

I've played goalie since I was 6, so I've been playing goal for about 9 years. I really wanna go to Cornell for college, and hockey, since it's so close to home, and also I can study. That will probably be the closest to the big leagues that I get, but I think with a couple of birthday wishes and hard work, anythings possible.

Work your butt off and be a good student of the game, and anything is possible.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com

What goalie crease said. Cornell has a great hockey program that has produced some damn good goaltenders.

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Then you'll jusy have to deal with socialized healthcare "DEATH PANELS" :sarcasm: :laugh:

Don't get me started on that....:laugh:....the misinformation and half truths out there are infuriating (on both sides)....that's all I'm going to say on that since political discussion ALWAYS ends up in a vitriolic spew of nonsense and I don't want a fun thread to get closed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad