How many of you guys are Goalies?

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
Not really a goalie, but have all the equipment and play in goal 1/2 dozen or so times a year.

Started goal in my 20's (am 42 now) as a spare goalie for a "pickup" aka "scrub" hockey group and was a regular goalie for a couple years with that group.

Copeland

Sep 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I remember there were more... I don't know why they're not replying, starting in too many games perhaps :laugh: (Don't count me, though, not a goalie yet.)

OprtnShtdwn

Jan 29, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I play goalie for 2 teams and skate as a center for another. The team I skate out for I am the emergency goalie in case of last minute cancelation

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
I just joined. However, until I find a way to not keep giving up 10 goals a game, I won't call myself a goalie.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Part time goalie here.

here is me trying to look cool. Probably the 8th time on ice as a goalie.

39261_10150265520835457_850085456_14239020_3550322_n.jpg

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Another goalie here. Started very late, but worked my way way up in around seven years (a little more than one of them lost through military service and a torn ACL during/after that).

I don't usually frequent this board on HF, but tonight I went here looking for / wanting to create a goaltending thread. Just one of those nights, where I just felt the urge to shout "goaltending is the freakin' best job in all of sports"! :) I obviously don't know whether that's the truth, too many games/positions I have never played. But I'm a creative/offensive player in soccer, so I know what that side generally feels like. It's great, but nothing really compares to completely robbing a guy with the glove, for me. :) I would guess you guys could second that. Cheers!

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Was for about 10 years growing up. I stopped playing hockey a few years ago when I started college and working part-time.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
what made you guys wanna be goalie? to me that is a huge decision when you are first starting out...

My older brother needed someone to shoot on in the driveway. :laugh:

I used to sneak into the house to steal a cushion off the couch to stuff under my jersey to use as a chest protector.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
Started playing goalie around 10 because I wound up being the best one at it in the HOOD. Playing goalie is fun but has lost a little of it's luster with age. Sometimes I wish I could just cruise around without a defensive care in the world like the players in my beer league.:laugh:

Last edited:

fyrestorm

Dec 12, 2009
What do you mean, "What made us want to be a Goalie?" Haven't you figured that out yet? We goalies are crazier than ****house rats!!! What other explanation could there be, especially with you guys taking slap shots at us from inside the faceoff dots, and running all over us and then saying, "Sorry, dude, couldn't stop"? Then again, some of us look up to the old schoolers like Ron Hextall and Billy Smith, so skaters, keep that tucked away in the back of your minds the next time you come anywhere near our crease.... :nod: :handclap: :yo: :naughty: ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad