How many of you guys are Goalies?

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
Don't get me started on that....:laugh:....the misinformation and half truths out there are infuriating (on both sides)....that's all I'm going to say on that since political discussion ALWAYS ends up in a vitriolic spew of nonsense and I don't want a fun thread to get closed

LOL! being an American living in Canada for the last 5 years and living with OHIP I just could not resist.

And by the way Goalies are rat-$h1T crazy. I have pads played net in a beginners league one year and now I wont put on the pads for anybody over the age of 12.

My 9 year old is the goalie playing rep hockey in Canada. I'll stick with Left wing in beer leagues.

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
LOL! being an American living in Canada for the last 5 years and living with OHIP I just could not resist.

And by the way Goalies are rat-$h1T crazy. I have pads played net in a beginners league one year and now I wont put on the pads for anybody over the age of 12.

My 9 year old is the goalie playing rep hockey in Canada. I'll stick with Left wing in beer leagues.

It's funny that you say us targets goalies are "rat-$hit" crazy, because while I was in high school and college I was a diver (1 & 3 meter springboard into a pool, not [insert name of the main boards diver of the week] diver) and the swimmers thought us divers were nuts :D

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Also a puckstopper...when they hit me. Made the switch about eight years ago after playing out all of minor hockey. Love it, rarely play out of nets these days!

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Was a keeper for 20 years finally quit tending due to concussions, now when I do get on the ice, I screw around as a forward. Kind of weird, I don't feel like I have to be completely focused to do well as a forward now. lol

Grew up as a huge Cujo and Roy fan, emulated Roy early on, then emulated Fleury in the later stages of playing the net. (most goalies who emulated Cujo made me insane. lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->